Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: 24 migrants drowned in channel  (Read 3521 times)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
Re: 24 migrants drowned in channel
« Reply #30 on: 25 November 2021, 14:28:55 »

Macron said today that they tell these people they are welcome to stay in France, but they dont want to.
Therefore they have no possible legitimate reason to cross the channel claiming to seek refuge or asylum.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 25 November 2021, 14:44:05 »

Which begs the question why they voluntarily do it in the manner they do. P&O sandwiches aren't that bad...
Onanists always think outside the box.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 25 November 2021, 14:47:13 »

I don't really understand wtf they don't just claim asylum in France, go through the legal process and get a French passport. Then they could come over here any time they wanted to.
Diesel till I die

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 25 November 2021, 16:18:01 »

More importantly, what are we prepared to do without whilst our already overstretched police are arguing uselessly in France?

The only way to stop this is to make the UK such a shit place to live that these migrants want to stay where they are
, and make the 68million people who already live here want to emigrate. Which is hardly a solution. Or we could deliberately sink all of these boats as they enter our waters, but who wants to live in a country that will do such a thing?

France is never going to take much of a stand on this, as they have long had a worse migrant problem than we do. Any that are just passing through are encouraged to do so. Expect this to get worse, not better, as France's equivalent of Brexiteers increase the pressure on Macron.

Surely you only have to make the result of claiming asylum worse than France, so give them less, support them less, host them in controlled locations until their hearing is heard....

.....might result in a race to the bottom.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 25 November 2021, 16:32:12 »

Which begs the question why they voluntarily do it in the manner they do. P&O sandwiches aren't that bad...

No it doesn't:
just because your EU or UK(if recent) passport allows you to cross many national borders, it doesn't apply to all passports. Assuming that such people have one.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 25 November 2021, 16:34:55 »

More importantly, what are we prepared to do without whilst our already overstretched police are arguing uselessly in France?

The only way to stop this is to make the UK such a shit place to live that these migrants want to stay where they are
, and make the 68million people who already live here want to emigrate. Which is hardly a solution. Or we could deliberately sink all of these boats as they enter our waters, but who wants to live in a country that will do such a thing?

France is never going to take much of a stand on this, as they have long had a worse migrant problem than we do. Any that are just passing through are encouraged to do so. Expect this to get worse, not better, as France's equivalent of Brexiteers increase the pressure on Macron.

Surely you only have to make the result of claiming asylum worse than France, so give them less, support them less, host them in controlled locations until their hearing is heard....

.....might result in a race to the bottom.

You want to get in a race to the bottom with France over immigration? That's an interesting idea.

No, not interesting. Moronic. Actually, it doesn't matter who it's with; deliberately choosing any race to the bottom is moronic.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 25 November 2021, 16:38:48 »

Oft chanted that Britain is attractive because it is easy to get work as an illegal. Might be right.plenty of businesses looking for cheap labour despite there are supposed to be “ controls”.

Here is what the French said on Euronews.

“ French interior minister Gerald Darmanin, meanwhile, reiterated France's call for the UK to reform their labour market.

"It is also the attractiveness of Great Britain which is in question, in particular its labour market, since everyone knows that there are a million, more than a million, 1,200,000 illegal immigrants in Great Britain and that English employers use this labour to manufacture the things that the English consume," he told RTL“

That seems like a lot! 1 in 70?
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 25 November 2021, 17:02:55 »

Well, it shows the French are actually counting how many they let out :-X
Onanists always think outside the box.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 25 November 2021, 17:05:00 »

Oft chanted that Britain is attractive because it is easy to get work as an illegal. Might be right.plenty of businesses looking for cheap labour despite there are supposed to be “ controls”.

“ French interior minister Gerald Darmanin, meanwhile, reiterated France's call for the UK to reform their labour market.

"It is also the attractiveness of Great Britain which is in question, in particular its labour market, since everyone knows that there are a million, more than a million, 1,200,000 illegal immigrants in Great Britain and that English employers use this labour to manufacture the things that the English consume," he told RTL“

Note the phrase everybody knows. That is always code for here are some statistics that I totally made up to 'prove' my point.
Such statements should always be ridiculed for being mendacious, manipulative bullshit.
Unfortunately, they never are.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 25 November 2021, 17:45:33 »

Note the phrase everybody knows. That is always code for here are some statistics that I totally made up to 'prove' my point.
Such statements should always be ridiculed for being mendacious, manipulative bullshit.

He might well be right and there may well be over a million people living in the UK who have no right to be here.  :-\

Over two decades of hand wringing and looking the other way by successive governments have seen to that.  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 25 November 2021, 18:05:55 »

He might well be right and there may well be over a million people living in the UK who have no right to be here.  :-\

Over two decades of hand wringing and looking the other way by successive governments have seen to that.  ::)

There might be. There might not. That's not the point, which is that everybody knows is just playing to the gallery. If the number is 1 in 70 as originally posted, then it wouldn't be too hard to prove as everyone in the country would be able to name names. Can we do that as a group, let alone individuals?

That could be applied to other undesirable(I know, and would welcome a better word) groups, like homosexuals LGBTetc, religious extremists, communists, child molesters, pronoun evangelists and all the other extreme minorities we're constantly being told are taking over. I have known, and still do know some, of all of those groups except the pronouns; I would be astonished if anyone else could claim any different.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 25 November 2021, 18:16:25 »

There might be. There might not. That's not the point, which is that everybody knows is just playing to the gallery. If the number is 1 in 70 as originally posted, then it wouldn't be too hard to prove as everyone in the country would be able to name names. Can we do that as a group, let alone individuals?

That could be applied to other undesirable(I know, and would welcome a better word) groups, like homosexuals LGBTetc, religious extremists, communists, child molesters, pronoun evangelists and all the other extreme minorities we're constantly being told are taking over. I have known, and still do know some, of all of those groups except the pronouns; I would be astonished if anyone else could claim any different.

It's probably quite easy to hide a million people in plain sight in our inner cities.  ::)

Not just our inner cities either, the car washes that have sprung up all over the country in recent years, Indian restaurants, Chinese takeaways etc etc etc  :-X
« Last Edit: 25 November 2021, 18:18:51 by Sir Tigger QC »
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 25 November 2021, 18:20:07 »

It's probably quite easy to hide a million people in plain sight in our inner cities.  ::)

Not just our inner cities either, the car washes that have sprung up all over the country in recent years, Indian restaurants, Chinese takeaways etc etc etc  :-X
You could hide half a million in Bradford  ;D
Diesel till I die

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 25 November 2021, 18:24:37 »

Be astonished. I don't know anyone that's gay, male or female, and I don't know anyone who's black.
Diesel till I die

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 25 November 2021, 18:47:41 »

What a shame....

...it was only 27.
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 19 queries.