Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help! Error code P1700  (Read 5821 times)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: Help! Error code P1700
« Reply #90 on: 22 May 2022, 11:05:56 »

I hope you used genuine tippex :D
Onanists always think outside the box.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 22 May 2022, 11:18:39 »

Nope.

I've also used purple nail varnish before. I find being able to see all five timing marks simultaneously makes the job much easier. A does a long handled ratchet :y

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 22 May 2022, 12:22:58 »

And from a genuine Tippex dealer that you genuinely have to walk into... :y
2002 3.2 Elite saloon, 2003 3.2 Elite estate, 2003 2.6 Elite saloon

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 25 May 2022, 08:37:38 »

I've also used purple nail varnish before.
Because thats what you had left over from your Saturday night out :P
Grumpy old man

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 30 May 2022, 18:55:27 »

Gearbox is buggered. Lots of slippage, smell of burning friction, thumping, and limp mode.

I suspect the solenoid change temporarily masked the problem, and that the old one was killed by whatever is falling to bits inside the box.

Car is now on my drive for an upgrade to AR35 incl new Torque Converter and if needs be, flex plate (auto version of a flywheel)

Watch this space for photos / videos and updates :y

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 30 May 2022, 19:46:33 »

Gearbox is buggered. Lots of slippage, smell of burning friction, thumping, and limp mode.

I suspect the solenoid change temporarily masked the problem, and that the old one was killed by whatever is falling to bits inside the box.

Car is now on my drive for an upgrade to AR35 incl new Torque Converter and if needs be, flex plate (auto version of a flywheel)

I knew something was afoot when you asked if you could pick up the box from Joe.

Can you get me a job in CID?  ;D
Diesel till I die

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 30 May 2022, 19:58:52 »

I knew something was afoot when you asked if you could pick up the box from Joe.

Yeah sure. You can have mine  ::)

I asked for the box because Migalot texted me to say there was a funny vibration / sensation. My inner sense just detected the gearbox would be the culprit. I’ve been suspicious of it.

Thankfully I was right - and we have a free AR35, so all that’s been lost is some ATF / a solenoid :y

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 31 May 2022, 10:15:04 »

I asked for the box because Migalot texted me to say there was a funny vibration / sensation. My inner sense just detected the gearbox would be the culprit. I’ve been suspicious of it.

Thankfully I was right - and we have a free AR35, so all that’s been lost is some ATF / a solenoid :y
I am in awe of the way you work. I am also feeling guilty for tagging you and getting you involved ::)

Asking the following because I genuinely don't know the answer - has the dying box pumped debris through the cooler and the cooler hoses? if it has done so is it OK to flush them & re-use?
« Last Edit: 31 May 2022, 10:19:25 by Andy H »
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 01 June 2022, 02:18:21 »

I am in awe of the way you work. I am also feeling guilty for tagging you and getting you involved ::)

Asking the following because I genuinely don't know the answer - has the dying box pumped debris through the cooler and the cooler hoses? if it has done so is it OK to flush them & re-use?

I am sure the cooler will be fine with a flush. What I can say, is that the nice clean red ATF we pumped in a couple of weeks ago, is brown and smells really burnt. Clearly the mechanicals of the box have been letting go, which is what buggered the original pressure solenoid.

The cooler will be thoroughly flushed,  and I am confident that will be more than sufficient, providing there are no blockages to the flow, which I doubt there will be, It seems that most of the debris went in the bottom of the ATF sumps :y

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.