Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3051891 times)

Delroy47 and 35 Guests are viewing this topic.

TD

• Omega Knight
  • Swindon
    • Nowt!
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #22935 on: 11 November 2021, 20:54:18 »

Went to check and pump up the tyres, only to find that the display on my inflator isn't coming on. So then spend ages faffing around looking for a tyre pressure gauge.

Then moved the car back to its right place on the drive, and it starts to complain about the key battery, so end up replacing that.

Then I drive to the Amazon hub pickup point to collect a parcel, only for them not to recognise the code, grrrr.

Speaking of Amazon, I noticed from my credit card statement that they are charging me for Prime, but no Prime on my account.  Got nothing but a string of lies from the useless bastards, so had to report it to the credit card company as a fraudulent transaction, with all the hassle that involves, like the card being immediately invalidated...   ...perfect timing :(

I'm not touching anything else today.

In more positive news, renewed the car insurance.  Ironically, both cars are identical premiums.

I had the same problem, but worse! i had fraudulent use on my bank debit card about a month ago.....so reported it to the bank....what a mistake that was! i should have emptied my account first! as they immediately cancelled my card and it took 10 days before a new card and pin number turned up....meaning 10 days of not being able to access any cash (well i could via a cc but thats a bloody expensive way to get cash) or pay with my debit card  :(

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22936 on: 12 November 2021, 20:04:20 »

Drove it back from Norwich via my Day 2 TCV test.
Onanists always think outside the box.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #22937 on: 12 November 2021, 20:26:49 »

Drove it to Birminghamshire. Then drove it to Cornwall.
Grumpy old man

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #22938 on: 13 November 2021, 08:08:12 »

You know they sell pasties at Gregs right ?  :-\

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22939 on: 13 November 2021, 09:48:24 »

That's like calling McDonalds a restaurant

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #22940 on: 13 November 2021, 11:34:10 »

Had the spare & well used key for the Range Rover refurbished by a seller on eBay LR wanted £235 for a new key so had nothing to lose, sent it off & returned as new  all works perfectly for £25 result..😁😁😁
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #22941 on: 13 November 2021, 21:51:25 »

Have you tried them?  Now a medium steak Philps pastie, oh come to daddy :)
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #22942 on: 13 November 2021, 21:53:05 »

Had the spare & well used key for the Range Rover refurbished by a seller on eBay LR wanted £235 for a new key so had nothing to lose, sent it off & returned as new  all works perfectly for £25 result..😁😁😁
If its the type that has a chrome strip down one side, new 3rd party cases are £3.50 on Ali, or a fiver on egay. Less than a minutes work to swap it over.
Grumpy old man

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22943 on: 13 November 2021, 21:59:30 »

If its the type that has a chrome strip down one side, new 3rd party cases are £3.50 on Ali, or a fiver on egay. Less than a minutes work to swap it over.

No it's not like that , recommended repair from the RRS forum , there is no way I would be dismantling one of these, the Subaru one is a dead easy swap have done that one, the RR did not function at all, so for twenty five quid I'm more than happy.
« Last Edit: 13 November 2021, 22:04:09 by Rangie »
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22944 on: 13 November 2021, 22:02:48 »

No it's not like that , recommended repair from the RRS forum , there is no way I would be dismantling one of these.
My old neighbour told me the key fob to her Land Rover needed a new battery and would I put one in for her. Of course, I said. I didn't know until that point what a money grabbing bunch of wotsits JLR are.
Diesel till I die

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #22945 on: 13 November 2021, 22:02:52 »

No it's not like that , recommended repair from the RRS forum , there is no way I would be dismantling one of these.
What type is it.  JLR tend to use the same type across all models, and use them for a thousand years - much like the crap locking motors.  Except mine. 2010/2011 XJs uniquely use a bigger fob where the rubber separates, but not before all the legends rub off.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #22946 on: 13 November 2021, 22:04:41 »

My old neighbour told me the key fob to her Land Rover needed a new battery and would I put one in for her. Of course, I said. I didn't know until that point what a money grabbing bunch of wotsits JLR are.
Changed the battery in mine on Thursday, because it told me to. Must have taken a whole minute to do, and 12p for the CR2032.
Grumpy old man

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22947 on: 13 November 2021, 22:06:11 »

Changed the battery in mine on Thursday, because it told me to. Must have taken a whole minute to do, and 12p for the CR2032.
This one was glued or stuck together, no way I was messing around with it. 2009 LR.
Diesel till I die

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22948 on: 13 November 2021, 22:07:41 »

It had a key in the top of it which separated from the main body. No fickin way.
Diesel till I die

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22949 on: 13 November 2021, 22:09:38 »

Mine is a solid black three button type , no battery charges itself when used according to the instructions,  came with two keys one had never been used the other was in a dreadful state.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 18 queries.