Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My door wont open  (Read 1242 times)

stoxman

• View Profile
My door wont open
« on: 17 May 2007, 09:43:17 »

Hi all,
The passenger door on my 03 Omega has jammed shut with the dead lock on. I have found the info on this forum to change the motor but what I need to know is how to get the door open or has anyone got a way of removing the door card with the door shut?
stoxman.

Markjay

• Omega Lord
  • London
    • View Profile
Re: My door wont open
« Reply #1 on: 17 May 2007, 10:40:03 »

Welcome to the forum...

I am not aware of a way to remove the door card of a closed without damaging it, hopefully someone else here will be able to advise how to get the door unlocked...

Another alternative would be to prepare a matching door card from breakers and vandalise the existing one, but this is obviously far from ideal...

« Last Edit: 17 May 2007, 10:40:31 by markjay »
Alas, no more Omegas....

DaveL

• Omega Knight
  • Nr. Cupar, Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17 May 2007, 13:57:24 »

Welcome to the forum stoxman..as markjay has said you will more than likly be looking at vandalising your door card to get in.  :'( :'(

Is the door dead locked?

There is a device on the market, that some garages may, have that may over come your problem. Another long shot would be if you a member of the AA (not te drinking variety) they may be able to help. [smiley=wink.gif]

8-)
DaveL

miggy

« Reply #3 on: 17 May 2007, 18:16:48 »

Hiya mate
I used to work on the RAC, there is a device that will open the door without any damage, there is also an electrical way of opening the door (cannot say).
If you aint in the RAC, you can join for about £35.00 basic cover, wait 24 hours then call them out, it may be worth the £35 rather than damaging the door card.
Pete :y

Welcome to the forum stoxman..as markjay has said you will more than likly be looking at vandalising your door card to get in.  :'( :'(

Is the door dead locked?

There is a device on the market, that some garages may, have that may over come your problem. Another long shot would be if you a member of the AA (not te drinking variety) they may be able to help. [smiley=wink.gif]

8-)
DaveL

STMO123

« Reply #4 on: 17 May 2007, 19:29:03 »

Hiya mate
I used to work on the RAC, there is a device that will open the door without any damage, there is also an electrical way of opening the door (cannot say).
If you aint in the RAC, you can join for about £35.00 basic cover, wait 24 hours then call them out, it may be worth the £35 rather than damaging the door card.

Is the door dead locked?

8-)
DaveL

Would the AA/RAC consider this an emergency? Surely they will not turn out just because your passenger has to climb over to get into their seat ;)

DaveL

• Omega Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 17 May 2007, 22:48:30 »

Hiya mate

Is the door dead locked?

8-)
DaveL

Would the AA/RAC consider this an emergency? Surely they will not turn out just because your passenger has to climb over to get into their seat ;)

If you do not ask you will never know. ::)
 8-)
DaveL

miggy

« Reply #6 on: 17 May 2007, 23:12:40 »

You will be supprised to what we used to go out to.
 :) ;D :-? 8-) :'( [smiley=angry.gif] [smiley=evil.gif] [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif] [smiley=wink.gif]

Hiya mate

Is the door dead locked?

8-)
DaveL

8-)
DaveL

DaveL

• Omega Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 19 May 2007, 10:13:07 »

You will be surprised to what we used to go out to.
 :) ;D :-? 8-) :'( [smiley=angry.gif] [smiley=evil.gif] [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif] [smiley=wink.gif]

Hiya mate
If you ain't in the RAC, you can join for about £35.00 basic cover, wait 24 hours then call them out, it may be worth the £35 rather than damaging the door card.

Welcome to the forum stoxman..as markjay has said you will more than likely be looking at vandalising your door card to get in.  :'( :'(

Is the door dead locked?

8-)
DaveL

8-)
DaveL

Go on start a new thread and surprise us. :o :o :o
 8-)
DaveL

SMS01

• Altrincham
  • Black Omega 3.0 manual estate 'P' reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 20 May 2007, 01:21:38 »

The deadlocks have jammed occasionally on my omegas previously. If you open the window on that side and then forcibly pull the button up it will eventually open, however the strength in your fingers will be tested in the process.

You might find that the lock sequence is then off for a while but at least the door opens.

My current omega doesn't actually lock the door until the deadlock is applied, and even then it sometimes sticks down usually resulting in this method being applied. It isn't easy but will eventually yield to the pressure.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 21 queries.