Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Jaguar I-Pace Test Drive  (Read 9714 times)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Re: Jaguar I-Pace Test Drive
« Reply #30 on: 02 March 2020, 20:20:54 »

In the first picture, is Mrs Opti the photographer?  ???  Or is that you wearing a dress?  :-\  ::)

Should we start calling you Lady Trans-Opti?  :)

In 2020 a fetching frock and a 5 o'clock shadow are perfectly acceptable. :)

Yes and note I used the friendly smiley smiley, not the laughing smiley.  I don't want to get a knock on the door!  :-X  ::)  ;)

I'm sure sure of the 'Marina conquests' were shaving twice a day, but  you were too pissed on Darzett scrumpy to notice, or care. :)

Just seen this....  ::)

I'm from a much younger generation than you M'Lud and we didn't drink and drive like your generation did.   :)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 02 March 2020, 20:25:25 »

Just seen this....  ::)

I'm from a much younger generation than you M'Lud and we didn't drink and drive like your generation did.   :)

You used to get behind the wheel of a Marina sober! :o

You're braver than I imagined. ;D
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

STEMO

« Reply #32 on: 03 March 2020, 12:22:40 »

not a bad video review of the i-Pace here .... https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=15&v=CEyfCcAbtKU&feature=emb_logo

he wasn't impressed with trying to charge it though
That's not so much a review of the iPace as a review about living with an EV. Thought I'd skip through it, but ended up watching the whole half hour. Very interesting, and proof, if proof were needed, that the charging infrastructure is well short of people's expectations.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 03 March 2020, 12:47:20 »

not a bad video review of the i-Pace here .... https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=15&v=CEyfCcAbtKU&feature=emb_logo

That's not so much a review of the iPace as a review about living with an EV. Thought I'd skip through it, but ended up watching the whole half hour. Very interesting, and proof, if proof were needed, that the charging infrastructure is well short of people's expectations.

On a busy day you may need to queue for 5 or 10 minutes to fill with petrol. You may need to wait an hour or more for a vacant charger as more 'leccy' cars arrive.

Best bring your gun. :)

STEMO

« Reply #34 on: 03 March 2020, 13:00:08 »

On a busy day you may need to queue for 5 or 10 minutes to fill with petrol. You may need to wait an hour or more for a vacant charger as more 'leccy' cars arrive.

Best bring your gun. :)
I never have to queue for diesel, Asda has 12 pumps and I usually just drive straight up to one. The petrol stations in the vicinity of Asda are usually very quiet, seeing as the thieving bastards want up to 10p more per litre.

aaronjb

« Reply #35 on: 03 March 2020, 13:05:15 »

I never have to queue for diesel, Asda has 12 pumps and I usually just drive straight up to one. The petrol stations in the vicinity of Asda are usually very quiet, seeing as the thieving bastards want up to 10p more per litre.

There's often a five minute queue at my cheapest local; they've got 16 pumps of which two have been out of order for three months, and one more has been out of order for a couple of weeks ;D

The nearest Tesco is bigger, but there's sometimes a 15 minute queue..

STEMO

« Reply #36 on: 03 March 2020, 13:06:36 »

There's often a five minute queue at my cheapest local; they've got 16 pumps of which two have been out of order for three months, and one more has been out of order for a couple of weeks ;D

The nearest Tesco is bigger, but there's sometimes a 15 minute queue..
We're not as effluent up here  ;D

aaronjb

« Reply #37 on: 03 March 2020, 13:14:45 »

Bet you aren't as rich, either.. oh, wait..

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 03 March 2020, 13:22:04 »

There will be tears before bedtime if the wait to put 'elastictrickery' in the milk float is more than a few minutes.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 03 March 2020, 14:02:31 »

True.  :y
But at £85k I won't be buying an i-Pace anyway

STEMO

« Reply #40 on: 03 March 2020, 14:25:08 »

Bet you aren't as rich, either.. oh, wait..
No....that's affluent. I was right first time.  ;D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 03 March 2020, 14:50:59 »

True.  :y
But at £85k I won't be buying an i-Pace anyway

It was OK. Nippy and quiet.  I wouldn't be tempted by one either. Essentially a posh van with windows albeit one finished in Taxi white rather than BL brown. :)

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 04 March 2020, 08:09:46 »

I really like them, good handling, not crashy, quiet, comfortable, very fast.

The issue I have (and true of any of the electric cars) is that they are a pain in the arse to keep charged up when doing a 150 mile round trip commute

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 04 March 2020, 08:50:50 »

Daughter loves her Tesla X, which seems quite quick. Doesn’t feel like a luxury car inside though.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 04 March 2020, 15:15:38 »

Daughter loves her Tesla X, which seems quite quick. Doesn’t feel like a luxury car inside though.

That's is THE down side of a Tesla, they are not a well built and refined car at all  :y

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 21 queries.