Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Viezu remap.  (Read 10760 times)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Viezu remap.
« on: 04 January 2017, 19:22:08 »

I'm tempted by this. Viezu appear to be reputable company.

The usual price is £599 plus P/P.....but after speaking with them they will sort my car for £450 inclusive.  If there is little or no improvement then the V-switch unit can be returned within 30 days for a full refund.

Their claims are quite conservative, offering an extra 50 BHP and  an extra 80 lb ft of torque. Gains of around ten and fifteen percent.

Relatively small gains but enough to make the old girl less lethargic and pedestrian.

Is anybody familiar with this company?

anV6

• Intermediate Member
    • Opel
    • View Profile
Re: Viezu remap.
« Reply #1 on: 04 January 2017, 19:32:48 »

I never heard of them. But then again I'm not up to date on the companies in the UK.

But I just went to their website to check remap. for the Omega and they have 2 options. Omega 3.0 V6 and Omega 3.6 V6.  :o

I chose 3.0 V6 and it says: Original BHP 250 > 272 = +22 BHP  :o

They may be reputable. But reliable with that type of data is hard to say.

STEMO

« Reply #2 on: 04 January 2017, 20:52:15 »

Omega has enough trouble keeping its arse following in a straight line without extra power.

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04 January 2017, 21:16:58 »

Your never going to get another 50 bhp on an Omega with just a remap without doing some seriohs other modifications to the car, dont care how good the Remap Co is.

STEMO

« Reply #4 on: 04 January 2017, 21:47:04 »

They can up my BHP from 90 to 95. Don't think I'll bother.  ;D

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04 January 2017, 22:28:56 »

To answer your own question Dr Opti...

You've been down this road before, and all was not as promised...
Onanists always think outside the box.

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04 January 2017, 22:48:41 »

Has anybody ever put NOX on a V6 Omega ??

Runs for the door  ;D ;D ;D

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04 January 2017, 22:59:13 »

What good would NOX do? You've been watching too many Fast and Furious films, and misheard "Noss" which refers to a brand of N2O(nitrous oxide) injection. Depending on how good the V6 pistons are, for a few hundred quid you could probably get a 75hp increase for a few seconds at a time.

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 04 January 2017, 23:03:55 »

What good would NOX do? You've been watching too many Fast and Furious films, and misheard "Noss" which refers to a brand of N2O(nitrous oxide) injection. Depending on how good the V6 pistons are, for a few hundred quid you could probably get a 75hp increase for a few seconds at a time.

Anybody fancy going fishing  ::)

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 04 January 2017, 23:12:48 »

I went fishing once when I was a little kipper, all I could catch was crabs.

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 04 January 2017, 23:17:46 »

I went fishing once when I was a little kipper, all I could catch was crabs.

I caught crabs once off a dirty fraulein  ::)

What happened when I went to the medical centre still is the scariest half hour of my life  :-X :-X 

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 05 January 2017, 08:29:25 »

Their claims are quite conservative, offering an extra 50 BHP and  an extra 80 lb ft of torque. Gains of around ten and fifteen percent.

Judging by the calculation above, I'm guessing this is a remap for the Jaaaag? If so I'm not sure you really need it but why not ;). No experience with the company I'm afraid. I know that Spires are well thought of around a number of Internet forums, but they charge double what you have been quoted (maybe that says something in itself?).

If I were you I'd be remapping the signum, 290bhp and 350ft lbs should be available with a chip only, which should liven the old girl up no end ;).

STEMO

« Reply #12 on: 05 January 2017, 10:15:16 »

Judging by the calculation above, I'm guessing this is a remap for the Jaaaag? If so I'm not sure you really need it but why not ;). No experience with the company I'm afraid. I know that Spires are well thought of around a number of Internet forums, but they charge double what you have been quoted (maybe that says something in itself?).

If I were you I'd be remapping the signum, 290bhp and 350ft lbs should be available with a chip only, which should liven the old girl up no end ;).
And order a couple of sets of tyres for the front  :y

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 05 January 2017, 11:46:03 »

To answer your own question Dr Opti...

You've been down this road before, and all was not as promised...

Yes, Al. I get the feeling it may not end well.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 05 January 2017, 11:53:06 »

This I have done. No end of problems.

The eml light and limp mode at the most inappropriate times were never far away. Returned the car to 250 BHP /258 lb ft torque stock. No problems since.

STEMO

« Reply #15 on: 05 January 2017, 12:21:57 »

The signum is souped-up to the maximum safe limit already. If there was more power to be had with the existing set up, GM would have done it.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 05 January 2017, 12:43:11 »

The eml light and limp mode at the most inappropriate times were never far away. Returned the car to 250 BHP /258 lb ft torque stock. No problems since.

How very odd. Not to mention disappointing!

I only mentioned it as it's very common on Saab 9-3's (same engine, and gearbox afaik) with very few issues (if any) reported. I suppose then my observation would be - what are you planning to do with 550bhp that you can't do with 500 ;).

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 05 January 2017, 13:55:18 »

How very odd. Not to mention disappointing!

I only mentioned it as it's very common on Saab 9-3's (same engine, and gearbox afaik) with very few issues (if any) reported. I suppose then my observation would be - what are you planning to do with 550bhp that you can't do with 500 ;).

It's possible I may not even notice the difference, Jimmy.
« Last Edit: 06 January 2017, 08:32:28 by Marks DTM Calib »

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 05 January 2017, 14:14:58 »

Omega has enough trouble keeping its arse following in a straight line without extra power.
Not really noticed that, when using decent tyres.  I did have rather too much fun with some budget tyres on the Chavmobile for a few days, but had to remove them as simply too dangerous ;D
Grumpy old man

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 05 January 2017, 14:48:46 »

Not really noticed that, when using decent tyres.  I did have rather too much fun with some budget tyres on the Chavmobile for a few days, but had to remove them as simply too dangerous ;D

I had some Autogrips on the rear of mine when I first got it  :-X The back end didn`t need much of an excuse to try and overtake the front in any conditions >:(

2boxerdogs

« Reply #20 on: 05 January 2017, 19:23:19 »

Don't think I would ever get this done to a car of mine , always think it's better as it came out the factory. Do you really need a few extra BHP ? Always very sceptical about increased MPG claims.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 05 January 2017, 21:32:37 »

Don't think I would ever get this done to a car of mine , always think it's better as it came out the factory. Do you really need a few extra BHP ? Always very sceptical about increased MPG claims.

I think it depends on what you mean by better. Car manufacturers have to make a model that fulfills a number of criteria  performance is one, but so are emissions, mpg claims, and making sure it's not faster than another car in the range (Porsche Cayman vs 911 being an example here).

When you have a car tuned/mapped you are freed from a number of those constraints so you can maximise other attributes. The safe potential is clearly there, otherwise there would be no manufacturer approved tuning houses (Brabus, Hirsch, AC Schnitzer, Mountune etc).

Now, one thing I'd never do is have a brand new model tuned, I'd always wait for a few other people to be the early adopters ;).

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 06 January 2017, 08:35:27 »

Note to all - I have just wasted part of my life removing irrelevant and childish posts, please keep your squabbles for the playground.

Regarding the tuning Lord Opti, for that price you could get it done properly on a rolling road (or maybe even for slightly less) as that solution is nothing more than a best guess map for your vehicle.

I have also seen the 2.8 turbo, in all vehicle types, easily taken to silly figures but again, this was a proper re-map.  :y

Phil

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 06 January 2017, 09:59:39 »

The signum is souped-up to the maximum safe limit already. If there was more power to be had with the existing set up, GM would have done it.

That statement couldn't be further form the truth

Signum (and elite spec Vectra) is 230 or 250bhp, the latter VXR Vectra is 280bhp, GM did up the power with the existing set up - its the middle management image of the Signum that meant there was never a VXR 'souped up' version, no mechanical reason

.....No end of problems.....

Which did you go for?

I've had a Bluefin on mine for close on 40k over 2 years now, I had to download the map that was on the car, emailed it over, they sent one back and away we went.

What a remap does highlight is components on their last legs, also the plug gap was changed on the later VXRs to 0.7mm, I changed and re-gapped  my plugs and its been fine ever since

Plus it runs a shed load better on higher octane fuel, I use Momentum99, when I have run it on standard BP or Shell and even on Vpower there is a noticeable stutter on hard acceleration on a very rare occasion but for the cost of 99 I'd rather not have the issue

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 06 January 2017, 10:37:31 »

The VXR auto was downgraded to protect the slushbox. This is the mechanical limitation of the Signum/Vectra Elite... Only available as an auto :'(

anV6

• Intermediate Member
    • Opel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 06 January 2017, 10:56:18 »

I had some Autogrips on the rear of mine when I first got it  :-X The back end didn`t need much of an excuse to try and overtake the front in any conditions >:(

That's interesting. Is this something inherent to the particular design of the Omega? I have had several front engine RWD cars and never really encountered this behavior, even when running cheaper tyres.

What type of tyres are recommended?

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 06 January 2017, 13:23:37 »

That's interesting. Is this something inherent to the particular design of the Omega? I have had several front engine RWD cars and never really encountered this behavior, even when running cheaper tyres.

Those Autogrips were without doubt the worst tyres I`ve ever had, they even let go on a slip road from a motorway exit at 60mph, it was wet but no way should they have let go like that  :o

I had Goodyear F1 Asymetrical tyres on and found them ok, The Boy will disagree though through a couple of issues with them, I really liked the Dunlop Sportmaxx RT`s though.

Word of advise......DON`T ever start a tyre thread  :y

anV6

• Intermediate Member
    • Opel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 06 January 2017, 13:51:51 »

Those Autogrips were without doubt the worst tyres I`ve ever had, they even let go on a slip road from a motorway exit at 60mph, it was wet but no way should they have let go like that  :o

I had Goodyear F1 Asymetrical tyres on and found them ok, The Boy will disagree though through a couple of issues with them, I really liked the Dunlop Sportmaxx RT`s though.

I see. OK, I won't. ;D

If the tyre subject is so polemical and the car is so sensitive to the type of tyres, then maybe it's better just to stick with the original tyres that came with the car? Or they direct descendant if they are no longer made. One would think Opel has done extensive tests to find the best tyres to pair with the car.(?)

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 06 January 2017, 14:19:38 »

I see. OK, I won't. ;D

If the tyre subject is so polemical and the car is so sensitive to the type of tyres, then maybe it's better just to stick with the original tyres that came with the car? Or they direct descendant if they are no longer made. One would think Opel has done extensive tests to find the best tyres to pair with the car.(?)

The Omega isn`t tyre sensitive really, you just need good tyres,leave the budget ones alone if you`re going to be driving "enthusiastically".

The Goodyear issue with TB was manufacturing related.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 06 January 2017, 14:22:42 »

Autogrips with a little wear on them do become genuinely lethal on most cars when the roads become damp.  I had a lot of fun with them on the back, but no way would I allow Mrs TB to drive it.

Yeah, 3 out of 6 tyres actually failing isn't a good record.  I never found them particularly good on the Omega anyway, deficiencies being mediocre grip levels, and fairly high wear if driven briskly.  Mrs TB complains of wandering with the F1's on the front of TBE.

The first 2 sets of SportMaxx RT's I had were great until about 3mm left, when they do fall off a cliff from a pull/tramline point of view, and grip tails off at same time.  Slightly grippier, but not as confidence inspiring as the TT's, which maintained both grip and stability right down to bald, even in the wet.  The last set of RTs I had (and still have on the from of the Silver Bullet) weren't as good from new, so something has changed with them. Wore the rears out in the same length of time (10k), but lacked the grip.  Whats left on the front just squeal on demand, much to the amusement of that gixer bloke, and the shear dread of Mrs TB ;D
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 06 January 2017, 14:27:05 »

The Omega isn`t tyre sensitive really, you just need good tyres,leave the budget ones alone if you`re going to be driving "enthusiastically".
I think it is tyre sensitive. Very much so.  Both from a grip viewpoint and a tramline/stability point of view.

Different drivers have different perspectives of what good grip is, and have different sensitivities to straight line stability.  Mr Gixer, for example, is incredibly sensitive to any variances in straight line stability - I suspect mostly due to his bike track days - which is always the subject of heated debate during curry evenings.
Grumpy old man

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 06 January 2017, 14:29:20 »

...which is always the subject of heated debate during curry evenings.

What a superb idea. :y
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 06 January 2017, 14:44:13 »

I insist (when I'm better - I couldn't face one at the moment, I'd be finished partway through the crisp course  :'()
Grumpy old man

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 06 January 2017, 14:50:38 »

I think it is tyre sensitive. Very much so.  Both from a grip viewpoint and a tramline/stability point of view.

Different drivers have different perspectives of what good grip is, and have different sensitivities to straight line stability.  Mr Gixer, for example, is incredibly sensitive to any variances in straight line stability - I suspect mostly due to his bike track days - which is always the subject of heated debate during curry evenings.

I found the three tyre brands I used all fairly similar for stability and tramlining was minimal, but  thats just judgement on what I have used. I would think that worn or poor suspension components would cause more issues with insability and tramlining than any tyre sensitivity, and that is the Omega`s Achilles heel, not to mention worn diff mounts which will be al of them by now.

anV6

• Intermediate Member
    • Opel
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 06 January 2017, 15:05:36 »

I found the three tyre brands I used all fairly similar for stability and tramlining was minimal, but  thats just judgement on what I have used. I would think that worn or poor suspension components would cause more issues with insability and tramlining than any tyre sensitivity, and that is the Omega`s Achilles heel, not to mention worn diff mounts which will be al of them by now.

What would you say is the biggest giveaway of worn differential mounts in the Omega during a test drive?

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 06 January 2017, 15:28:02 »

I found the three tyre brands I used all fairly similar for stability and tramlining was minimal, but  thats just judgement on what I have used. I would think that worn or poor suspension components would cause more issues with instability and tramlining than any tyre sensitivity, and that is the Omega`s Achilles heel, not to mention worn diff mounts which will be al of them by now.

What would you say is the biggest giveaway of worn differential mounts in the Omega during a test drive?

Excessive movement at the rear when entering a bend or roundabout, it`s hard to describe really but you can just feel the back of the car moving a bit more than it should and that bit of extra momentum can be enough to brake traction with crap tyres.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 06 January 2017, 16:01:23 »

I insist (when I'm better - I couldn't face one at the moment, I'd be finished partway through the crisp course  :'()

Sounds like you need to visit the quack. Off your curry? It's something serious. :o
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 06 January 2017, 16:26:12 »

At the time, you can bet your 'arris that Gixer's black saloon and my Silver Bullet were both as tight as a nun's do-dah...

...though now my diff mounts are tired (barely noticeable when driving - rear steering is normally another issue, usually doughnuts if geo is bang on), and my front verticals have just started to separate one side.

But as said, tramlining/stability is always a bit subjective, and in order, the TTs were better than the RTs in this regard, with F1's coming last out of the trio by some margin.  None as bad as SC5s though.  I don't think I'm overly sensitive to it, in the way chrisgixer is.
Grumpy old man

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 06 January 2017, 19:28:17 »

At the time, you can bet your 'arris that Gixer's black saloon and my Silver Bullet were both as tight as a nun's do-dah...

...though now my diff mounts are tired (barely noticeable when driving - rear steering is normally another issue, usually doughnuts if geo is bang on), and my front verticals have just started to separate one side.

But as said, tramlining/stability is always a bit subjective, and in order, the TTs were better than the RTs in this regard, with F1's coming last out of the trio by some margin.  None as bad as SC5s though.  I don't think I'm overly sensitive to it, in the way chrisgixer is.

And we know how sensitive he is to tyres (threads)  ;D

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 06 January 2017, 19:29:38 »

There were decent budget tyres. Unfortunately they're no longer produced...

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 06 January 2017, 19:35:28 »

The new Michelin Pilot Sport 4s is coming out early this year but apparently it has a higher silicon content so probably won`t be as good as the super sport that it is replacing.

Tyre choices seem to be getting worse not better  :-\

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 06 January 2017, 20:02:44 »

There were decent budget tyres. Unfortunately they're no longer produced...
Yet to witness one.  That said, decent premium tyres are sometimes hard to find ;D
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 06 January 2017, 20:05:35 »

The new Michelin Pilot Sport 4s is coming out early this year but apparently it has a higher silicon content so probably won`t be as good as the super sport that it is replacing.

We have tried the current PS4 against PSS on same car, and the PSS appear slightly better at cornering, and marginally more stable in a straight line.

I am currently running PS4 on the rear of both my Omegas.
Grumpy old man

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 06 January 2017, 21:07:35 »

My £53 fitted Accelera Winter tyres are pretty decent... stick like poo to a rug. :D

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 06 January 2017, 21:26:20 »

My £53 fitted Accelera Winter tyres are pretty decent... stick like poo to a rug. :D

And so they should  :P

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 06 January 2017, 21:42:36 »

We have tried the current PS4 against PSS on same car, and the PSS appear slightly better at cornering, and marginally more stable in a straight line.

I`d like to try the MPSS on the Z, it`s wearing Vredestein Ultrac Vorti`sat the moment but I don`t have anything to compare them with but I`m not too taken with them.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 07 January 2017, 00:18:17 »

I`d like to try the MPSS on the Z, it`s wearing Vredestein Ultrac Vorti`sat the moment but I don`t have anything to compare them with but I`m not too taken with them.

MPSS are the standard-for boots on my current motor, (M140i). In the summer they are simply awesome, even in the wet as long as it's warm. Once the ambient goes below 8-10 degrees as it is at the moment I'm finding them less progressive/predictable regardless of whether it's wet or dry. If you're running a set of summers and winters, I'd recommend them without hesitation. For year round use in the uk, I'd urge caution.  :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 07 January 2017, 09:52:33 »

Given that it appears they are slowly being withdrawn, I tried the PS4 in the hope that if they are any good, I might still be able to easily source them in 2 years time.

I won't pass too many comments on PS4 yet, as I have not used them over their entire life, and certainly PS2 and PS3 were great for the first third/half of the tyre, then went to a more slippery (but quite durable) tyre...   ...much to Lazydocker's anguish as we drifted towards the side of a truck when he was helping calibrate the LPG one day ;D.
Grumpy old man

STEMO

« Reply #48 on: 07 January 2017, 11:40:13 »

Hmmmm.....remap to tyre thread in one easy move.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 07 January 2017, 11:47:50 »

And all utterly irrelevant without using super unleaded ::)

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 07 January 2017, 11:58:44 »

And all utterly irrelevant without using super unleaded ::)

And matching K&N cone filter   ;D

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 07 January 2017, 11:59:50 »

Now you're being silly ;D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 07 January 2017, 12:02:53 »

I'm very happy with the Goodyear Eagle F1 asy 3 fitted to the mighty Signum. :y At £75 a corner I have no complaints.

The Dunlop Sportmaxx fitted to my other car are pretty piss poor. Poor wet grip....poor dry grip.....poor mileage. The technology used is probably something left behind by the Soviets when communism finally went 'tits up'

Anything would be superior to the Dunlops.

STEMO

« Reply #53 on: 07 January 2017, 12:05:42 »

I look at something which costs £40 a corner and think.....nah. Then I look at something that costs £120 a corner and think.........no way. Then I settle on something in the middle. Job done.

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 07 January 2017, 12:11:11 »

I'm very happy with the Goodyear Eagle F1 asy 3 fitted to the mighty Signum. :y At £75 a corner I have no complaints.

The Dunlop Sportmaxx fitted to my other car are pretty piss poor. Poor wet grip....poor dry grip.....poor mileage. The technology used is probably something left behind by the Soviets when communism finally went 'tits up'

I thought my Sportmaxx RT`s were very good in the wet and dry, just been looking at the lastest EVO tyre test and the Goodyear F1 asy3`s perform very well with the Dunlops being the best in the wet.

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 07 January 2017, 12:17:04 »

Don`t forget that when the cars come out of the factory they have to conform to emissions and noise regulations and the standard maps account for this, whereas a remap doesn`t.

My Z is up 25bhp but it`s the increase in mid range torque that is the benefit not the outright power gain.

As for better mpg.......don`t know, don`t care.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 07 January 2017, 12:17:50 »

Might try the Goodyears on the BMW when it warms up a bit... winter tyres are no good in May ::)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 07 January 2017, 12:34:06 »

I thought my Sportmaxx RT`s were very good in the wet and dry, just been looking at the lastest EVO tyre test and the Goodyear F1 asy3`s perform very well with the Dunlops being the best in the wet.
[/highlight]

Most independent customer reviews rate the Goodyears as excellent, and the aged Dunlops as "wouldn't buy again"

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 07 January 2017, 12:43:54 »

[/highlight]

Most independent customer reviews rate the Goodyears as excellent, and the aged Dunlops as "wouldn't buy again"

It all depends on what they`ve been tested on too, as different cars behave differently with the same tyres. EVO magazine used to use three different cars to give a balanced test, last year was just a Focus ST, and judging by the comments on the bottom of each page a lot of poeple were confused why they used a FWD car for a sports tyre test when the target audience is more Cayman,911, R8 and the like.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 07 January 2017, 13:11:32 »

Where's Cem when you need him  ::)

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 07 January 2017, 13:14:25 »

Where's Cem when you need him  ::)

I was thinking someone else  :-X ;D

anV6

• Intermediate Member
    • Opel
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 07 January 2017, 13:26:47 »

On a different note, we are all at least glad the Omega will allow us to choose our own tyres as we please. I know I am. Friend of my runs a 2016 car and he MUST buy the specific tyre specified by the manufacturer!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 21 queries.