Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... 44   Go Down

Author Topic: Brexit negotiations  (Read 71844 times)

STEMO

Re: Brexit negotiations
« Reply #435 on: 04 December 2018, 12:50:17 »

The eu says that UK can legally cancell Brexit .
Well what a surprise ,with perfect timing too , just before the debate and vote in the HOC.
The female SKY presenter was almost orgasmic with delight this am announcing this blatently convenient third  option .
In all my life I've never seen such a contrived and desperate programme of guile ,fear tactics , misinformation and lies , duplicity and gross manipulation of any fact , correct or otherwise , by a minority of people utterly determined to get their own way irrespective of others .
Sky and BBC should be pilloried for their incessant biased and increasingly frantic reportage of any doom laden fact spewed out by even the most unknown persons or group.
Every eager and willing remoaner interviewed is never interrupted between questions and the ambience is jolly and gay ........whereas throw a Brexiteer in there and the studio becomes the Colloseum of Rome ,the interviewer a starving lion with the Emperor directing.

With great disappointment , and disgust ,I think I can see the way this is going and frankly if we do see an engineered reversal of the one and only peoples vote then opps them .
Any allegiance I have will be to myself in the future.
Yes, Don. If that scenario was to happen, there would be a sizeable chunk of the population totally washing their hands of politics in general. I've said it on here before, if Brexit is reversed, I will never go near a polling booth again. And woe betide any political door knocker who ventures up my path.

That would suit the EU just fine.
I think I would secretly hope that the UK went even further down the shitter, if that's possible. So I could sit with my horlicks and gloat.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: 04 December 2018, 12:52:05 »

Where's Nigel Farage these days? I think he would make a fine prime minister.

'Shouty nige' is not as vocal as you might imagine.

........as for him becoming PM. No thanks. ;D
You'd prefer Corbin, no doubt. Or, perhaps, Harold Wilson. ;D

Call me picky but I doubt Harold Wilson will be back at number ten anytime soon. :)

Hmmm.....Corbin or Farage. That would be liking choosing one sexually transmitted disease over another. The same goes for the Victorian ghoul, JRM.

I really don't think that Blighty is in a good place at the moment. :-\

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: 04 December 2018, 12:53:52 »

How about if the country is run by a Hal 9000 computer? :)

STEMO

« Reply #438 on: 04 December 2018, 12:55:49 »

How about if the country is run by a Hal 9000 computer? :)
Hal 9000 is obsolete. You could fit it into a matchbox nowadays. I still find it surprising that a Sony PlayStation has more computing power than the spaceship that took man to the moon.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: 04 December 2018, 12:59:34 »

Ah.....but did we really reach the moon in 1969?

Flat - Earthers  say it was all faked. ::) ::) ::)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: 04 December 2018, 13:01:48 »

Six times it was faked from 1969 to 1972.

The Russians and Chinese must have been thick not to notice the deceptions. ::) 8)

STEMO

« Reply #441 on: 04 December 2018, 13:09:45 »

If the government loses this vote ref release of the full legal advice, and is found in contempt of parliament, and still refuses to release the full document, then this will set the stage for future governments to decide policy in secret, according to some 'secret' advice given by the Attorney General.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: 04 December 2018, 14:16:09 »

Well what a surprise ,with perfect timing too , just before the debate and vote in the HOC.
The female SKY presenter was almost orgasmic with delight this am announcing this blatently convenient third  option .
In all my life I've never seen such a contrived and desperate programme of guile ,fear tactics , misinformation and lies , duplicity and gross manipulation of any fact , correct or otherwise , by a minority of people utterly determined to get their own way irrespective of others .
Sky and BBC should be pilloried for their incessant biased and increasingly frantic reportage of any doom laden fact spewed out by even the most unknown persons or group.
Every eager and willing remoaner interviewed is never interrupted between questions and the ambience is jolly and gay ........whereas throw a Brexiteer in there and the studio becomes the Colloseum of Rome ,the interviewer a starving lion with the Emperor directing.

With great disappointment , and disgust ,I think I can see the way this is going and frankly if we do see an engineered reversal of the one and only peoples vote then opps them .
Yes, Don. If that scenario was to happen, there would be a sizeable chunk of the population totally washing their hands of politics in general. I've said it on here before, if Brexit is reversed, I will never go near a polling booth again. And woe betide any political door knocker who ventures up my path.

If the establishment succeed in their quest(and it is hanging in the balance at the moment), I intend to then live the rest of my life by my own moral code, with no regard whatsoever for laws, rules, regulations, or anything else imposed upon us by our masters.
Don, I fully agree regarding the BBC and SKY. They are beneath contempt.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: 04 December 2018, 14:24:31 »

That would suit the EU just fine.

Yep , you're probably right but if it is reversed and we do remain we're oppsed for ever anyway , there will be no , none , ever any second chance of leaving as Albs so elequently put it "it'll be like Hotel California ".

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: 04 December 2018, 16:09:32 »

Not entirely sure what a civil war would achieve, but if we can't leave the EU, the perhaps leaving the country would bring the same personal result...

If all the leavers emigrated, then the UK economy would shit itself overnight. The remainders could then wallow in their steadfast stupidity.
Onanists always think outside the box.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: 04 December 2018, 16:59:59 »

Yeah, then the EU negotiators would quake, and then suddenly say we can leave with no penalties, have access to their markets for free, and wipe out our national debt.

And back in reality....
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: 04 December 2018, 17:03:10 »

If all the leavers emigrated, then the UK economy would shit itself overnight. The remainders could then wallow in their steadfast stupidity.
And vice versa ;)
Grumpy old man

STEMO

« Reply #447 on: 04 December 2018, 17:04:18 »

The government has just been found, by the house, to be in contempt of parliament, and will now have to release the full legal advice given by the Attorney General. Government defeated on both motions this afternoon. Things are getting interesting  :)

STEMO

« Reply #448 on: 04 December 2018, 17:05:03 »

Yeah, then the EU negotiators would quake, and then suddenly say we can leave with no penalties, have access to their markets for free, and wipe out our national debt.

And back in reality....
I was actually joking. Did I need an emoji?  ::)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: 04 December 2018, 17:06:46 »

And back in reality....
I was actually joking. Did I need an emoji?  ::)
Nope, that was to amuse the Farage worshippers... ;)
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... 44   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 18 queries.