Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3076825 times)

05omegav6

Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #8715 on: 24 September 2014, 21:20:48 »

Swapped some wheels over and hopefully cured Ds petrol issue...

Swapped out fuel pump relay confirming that it had failed, so no wonder it wouldn't run on petrol ::)

Also unplugged the ecu for a spell to persuade it to start with a fresh map...

So hopefully that will be that :y

05omegav6

« Reply #8716 on: 24 September 2014, 21:21:58 »

chrisgixer

« Reply #8717 on: 24 September 2014, 22:11:22 »

When is your course again ::)

Tomorrow.
Best leave your inquisitive head at home then... ::)

I'm interested to see how 5mph makes any odds to anything, but will see what they say.

05omegav6

« Reply #8718 on: 24 September 2014, 22:16:00 »

Tomorrow.

I'm interested to see how 5mph makes any odds to anything, but will see what they say.
It hasn't slowed me down any :-X, but if well presented, it should be informative and interesting :y

chrisgixer

« Reply #8719 on: 24 September 2014, 22:19:39 »

Tomorrow.

It hasn't slowed me down any :-X, but if well presented, it should be informative and interesting :y
I've yet to encounter a course that wasn't in some way or other. Even if it's how not to run a course ;D

05omegav6

« Reply #8720 on: 24 September 2014, 22:23:29 »

::) ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8721 on: 27 September 2014, 20:35:15 »

Turns out that several pints of silly juice, washed down with a couple of shorts, doesn't disperse the angers and frustrations of dealing with first class incompetent, stupid, irritating, hopeless, mongrel management all week.  But giving the Bullet a good spanking certainly does.  When I got home my neighbour commented "oooo, those brakes look hot" ::)

And then the rest of my day didn't go to plan. 25 mile round trip to Halfords, ran out of gas on the way (and non in the land of the inbreds). Got back to Brakkers, realised I'd forgotten to by brake fluid, so off to BP first to get gas first. No bloody LPG, useless rather mongrels. So off to Towecester for gas, may as well go to Northampton Halfords for the brake fluid. 2hrs just gone "nipping to Halfords".

Tried to change the sticky caliper. FAILED!

Looks like a need a new disc shield that side as well...   ...I guess it needs to be there, and be in complete.

Checked the steering idler, all good...

Noticed the front tyres had deep looking cracks on the inner sidewall, grrr
Grumpy old man

aaronjb

« Reply #8722 on: 27 September 2014, 22:16:54 »

Changed the plugs on the RX8, then fitted the new LS1 coils, adapter loom, new plug leads etc and put the car back together.

Deflood procedure followed with two batteries and a booster pack hooked up and it spluttered into life.

Flat as a flat thing on power though so it's off for a rebuild she goes..

chrisgixer

« Reply #8723 on: 27 September 2014, 23:00:58 »

Let the Kosovans wash it. Again :-[

carswaps

• West Yorkshire
    • Omega MV6 3.2 Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8724 on: 28 September 2014, 16:01:04 »

Gave the old girl a tart up under the bonnet  :D
Omega MV6 3.2 Estate

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8725 on: 28 September 2014, 16:13:26 »

Friday I picked up an Omega that had suffered flood damage some months ago. This was a low mileage 2.5, that had previously been in good condition. However, it had the best set of used Vx grey floor mats I've seen. So, I lifted them out of the scummy water and took them home.

Yesterday, I gave them a good soak in carpet shampoo, and then spent about 15mins jetwashing them clean before hanging them on the line.

Today after they had dried I removed the cheap, black mats from my car and fitted the new ones. What an improvement, they actually look like they're supposed to be there.

The old ones will now be used as 'prayermats' when working outside.

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8726 on: 28 September 2014, 17:11:51 »

Well Friday night really, changed oil and filter on the 2.6. All exciting stuff!!!

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8727 on: 29 September 2014, 08:58:47 »

PFL CDX V6 Hoovered out the scuttle.  :D

(Quick recap this is the PFL CDX V6 which I've recently acquired, which hasn't moved in years, been stored well, very little rust, and was laid up due to crank sensor failure, followed by fried Dis Pack.)

So wiper arms and scuttle have been off, letting in any number of cobwebs, dust etc inside. That has been cleaned out. Picked up new Nut and Exhaust clips from VX

Discovered a couple of vac pipes (the really thin ones) have snapped. Also a split in one of the pipes coming from the plenum/Multiram. Niggly jobs for another day. She's not even running yet!

FL CDX TD The Farcelift CDX met with a speedbump  ::) and now the silencer isn't entirely attached to the rest of the exhaust! So instead of getting the V6 going, which is what I want, on limited evenings free, I'm going to have to go out to a mate with the magic weldy equipment, and get that done sharpish.

Fitted a new wishbone bush with my mate the other night, went well. Until after a long drive found the wheelstuds hadn't been put on any where near tight enough. Was not happy!  >:(

Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

brendan1983

• Hampshire
    • Omega CDX Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8728 on: 29 September 2014, 12:26:19 »

I fitted the 2.0l exhaust to mine at the weekend - all went quite well, apart from trouble removing all the little clips that stop the rubber fixings sliding off.

Also replaced both front central door locking motors (many thanks for the guide on here for that)

The n/s one didn't work at all previously, and the drivers one was very hit and miss.
2003 CDX & Yamaha Thunderace

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #8729 on: 29 September 2014, 15:49:27 »

More parts removed, preparing the DTI for it's final journey to the fragmentor, removed the cylinder head following a request from a member, christ they are bloody heavy  :o
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 22 queries.