Omega Help Area > Omega General Help

ULEZ & 2.2 petrol

(1/6) > >>

iansoutham:
Quick question, are 2.2 petrol Omega models ulez compliant?

Have not got a registration to check and cannot access eBay, etc from work to look for random registrations

MikeV6:
Just checked and it say a £12.50 per day charge applys  :'(

Doctor Gollum:

--- Quote from: iansoutham on 06 October 2022, 15:33:32 ---Quick question, are 2.2 petrol Omega models ulez compliant?

Have not got a registration to check and cannot access eBay, etc from work to look for random registrations

--- End quote ---
An exception is the 2003 2.2 16v manual as this is actually Euro4 ;)

Enceladus:
All Omega 2.2 16v Model Year 2003 4 door Saloons from VIN: W0L0VBF6931000001 and
all Omega 2.2 16V Model Year 2003 5 door Estates from VIN: W0L0VBF3531000001 are
Euro 4 compliant.

Applies to both auto and manual. So says the VCA database.

All these cars have Z22XE engines with later electronics and a pre-cat as opposed to the earlier Y22XE which is Euro 3.

The character "3" in position 10 of the VIN indicates that the car is MY 2003. Note that Model Years do not equate exactly to first registration years. So a MY 2002 car first registered in 2003 would not be Euro 4.

The best place to check your vehicle registration is here using the TFL database.

Incidentally if you have a Z22XE Euro 4 Omega you can easily obtain a French Crit’Air 2 yellow vignette using just the V5c, if for example you want to drive in Paris.

iansoutham:
Reason I am asking is that I run a complete 2.2 system with pre-cat on my X20XEV as the standard aftermarket cats are useless and the emissions are always very low for what is measured. If the nox is low enough, I could potentially get it ulez-certified.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version