Omega Help Area > Omega General Help

2002 2.2 auto engine cooling

(1/3) > >>

veralum:
Firstly the car runs great after I rebuilt the cylinder head during the summer, I changed the thermostat as well and there are no leaks, but the gauge hardly rises unless I have been driving for ages then it sits nicely in the middle. Is it just the sender being tired and sending inaccurate info? Or could it be the wrong thermostat as the one I fitted was the same as was in there but wrong according to euro car parts ( different fittings) I have ordered both temperature sensors and plan to change them when I get a chance, do you think it will make a difference? Would be nice is the needle went up to the middle and stayed there

Doctor Gollum:
If the needle/gauge worked before, then that suggests a faulty thermostat.

It happens and it wouldn't be the first time that cheap shyte from the likes of Eurocrapparts didn't work as advertised.

Wahler would be a reasonable choice or AC Delco (Cadillac Catera 3.0 amongst other GM models) presuming Peugeot can no longer be arsed to offer any parts for the Omega.

Andy H:

--- Quote from: Doctor Gollum on 19 November 2022, 23:51:50 ---If the needle/gauge worked before, then that suggests a faulty thermostat.

It happens and it wouldn't be the first time that cheap shyte from the likes of Eurocrapparts didn't work as advertised.

Wahler would be a reasonable choice or AC Delco (Cadillac Catera 3.0 amongst other GM models) presuming Peugeot can no longer be arsed to offer any parts for the Omega.

--- End quote ---
I think Verulam has a 4 pot, not a V6

cam.in.head:
if the thermostat has failed 'open' .or the new one is faulty and letting coolant through you will tell by feeling the top hose. this should remain cold until the engine is up to temp. if it gets warm soon after starting then its letting coolant through.this is the main failure mode of most thermostats and the new one could either be badly made,warped or the centre spindle not located on the top holder by faulty manufacture or damage in transit ?

Doctor Gollum:

--- Quote from: Andy H on 20 November 2022, 01:26:30 ---
--- Quote from: Doctor Gollum on 19 November 2022, 23:51:50 ---If the needle/gauge worked before, then that suggests a faulty thermostat.

--- End quote ---
I think Verulam has a 4 pot, not a V6

--- End quote ---
There's enough cars using the four pot to get a reasonable choice  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version