Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 109   Go Down

Author Topic: What has P*ssed you off today?  (Read 136220 times)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
What has P*ssed you off today?
« on: 02 January 2023, 18:25:56 »

We are a pretty angry lot on here. Thought I would start a thread where we could put things that have got our goat.

This is mine for today. I keep seeing CE in relation to dates eg Battle of Hastings 1066 CE not 1066 AD. I am not religious but why the need to change a system that works? CE stands for common era!
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: What has P*ssed you off today?
« Reply #1 on: 02 January 2023, 18:38:43 »

We are a pretty angry lot on here. Thought I would start a thread where we could put things that have got our goat.

This is mine for today. I keep seeing CE in relation to dates eg Battle of Hastings 1066 CE not 1066 AD. I am not religious but why the need to change a system that works? CE stands for common era!

Definitions that were a constant are now changing.

The definition of what racism is has changed. The definition of what a woman is (adult human female) has been revised to include bepenised individuals.

There used to be such a thing as reality. >:D

countrywoman

• worcestershire
    • skoda yeti
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02 January 2023, 18:43:44 »

This bloody cough/chest infection and bigoted idiots

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02 January 2023, 18:48:07 »

This bloody cough/chest infection and bigoted idiots
You've come to the right place ;D
Onanists always think outside the box.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02 January 2023, 19:13:29 »

Listening to various folk discussing the proposed enlargement of the ULEZ , although it won't affect me at all but it pisses me off that  Khan can be allowed to get away with this money grabbing scheme.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02 January 2023, 19:51:19 »

Listening to various folk discussing the proposed enlargement of the ULEZ , although it won't affect me at all but it pisses me off that  Khan can be allowed to get away with this money grabbing scheme.
Well, in defence of the useless moron, many other cities are implementing similar money grabbing schemes, as the motorist is evil and a socially easy target.
Grumpy old man

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02 January 2023, 19:56:38 »

I heard something the other day that seems both ridiculous and unbelievable. Instead of being labelled as 'Paedophiles', Police Scotland are referring to them 'MAPs'.
Minor attracted people.
Diesel till I die

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02 January 2023, 20:01:57 »

I heard something the other day that seems both ridiculous and unbelievable. Instead of being labelled as 'Paedophiles', Police Scotland are referring to them 'MAPs'.
Minor attracted people.

I prefer the term of either paedo or nonce, plain & simple.
« Last Edit: 02 January 2023, 20:04:33 by Rangie »
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Keith ABS

• Omega Baron
  • Maldon Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 02 January 2023, 20:08:37 »

What has pissed me off today, heating has packed up
Last month, her SAAB packed up
November, gearbox on van packed up
Pissed off for three months running now and its onlt the 2nd of this month!

iansoutham

• SE London
    • Omega 2.0 m/f/l est CDX
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 02 January 2023, 20:10:59 »

Well, in defence of the useless moron, many other cities are implementing similar money grabbing schemes, as the motorist is evil and a socially easy target.

No, there is no defending “President Khan”. He changed the rules every time it went against him and even the “loaded” questions on the proposal consultation were designed to work for him (and still managed to do the opposite). Example was that when the votes were all counted, it was something like 87% against it, so he decided to exclude anyone not living inside the zone, so all those that would be affected just outside it had no say.

In my work, we have 45 employees in our branch on average, 36 of them live outside the zone currently and 29 will still be outside it when it expands. Each one of them has to travel into the new zone. How many have to change their cars just to get to work or find alternative employment (2 have already handed in their notice as not worth the grief and are going elsewhere purely based on ULEZ). How many customers have cars that are not going to be compliant that will either go elsewhere to service their car outside the zone, change car to another brand if inside the new zone or something else?

He only got back in last time as West London voted for him and they have the higher concentration of voters.

I could rant for ages on that cretin but you get my gist. And the main reason that other place are doing the same is because of the revenue generated by the initial LEZ (commercial diesel vehicles). What they forgot is the damage it does to the commercial and retail sectors. Not as bad on inner London areas, but will potentially decimate outer London and Kent/Surrey/Essex areas over time.
« Last Edit: 02 January 2023, 20:12:48 by iansoutham »

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 02 January 2023, 20:35:35 »

No, there is no defending “President Khan”. He changed the rules every time it went against him and even the “loaded” questions on the proposal consultation were designed to work for him (and still managed to do the opposite). Example was that when the votes were all counted, it was something like 87% against it, so he decided to exclude anyone not living inside the zone, so all those that would be affected just outside it had no say.

In my work, we have 45 employees in our branch on average, 36 of them live outside the zone currently and 29 will still be outside it when it expands. Each one of them has to travel into the new zone. How many have to change their cars just to get to work or find alternative employment (2 have already handed in their notice as not worth the grief and are going elsewhere purely based on ULEZ). How many customers have cars that are not going to be compliant that will either go elsewhere to service their car outside the zone, change car to another brand if inside the new zone or something else?

He only got back in last time as West London voted for him and they have the higher concentration of voters.

I could rant for ages on that cretin but you get my gist. And the main reason that other place are doing the same is because of the revenue generated by the initial LEZ (commercial diesel vehicles). What they forgot is the damage it does to the commercial and retail sectors. Not as bad on inner London areas, but will potentially decimate outer London and Kent/Surrey/Essex areas over time.

The discussion I watched today a spokesman actually stated that 5 London boroughs so far have stated that they will refuse to allow the camera system that monitors the travel of vehicles to be erected, Khan is facing a lot of opposition just hope that he's defeated.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 02 January 2023, 20:45:04 »

The discussion I watched today a spokesman actually stated that 5 London boroughs so far have stated that they will refuse to allow the camera system that monitors the travel of vehicles to be erected, Khan is facing a lot of opposition just hope that he's assassinated.
Fixed that for yer, Mick  ;D
Diesel till I die

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 02 January 2023, 21:13:30 »

The discussion I watched today a spokesman actually stated that 5 London boroughs so far have stated that they will refuse to allow the camera system that monitors the travel of vehicles to be erected, Khan is facing a lot of opposition just hope that he's assassinated.
Fixed that for yer, Mick  ;D

You know me too well Steve..👍

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 02 January 2023, 21:19:18 »

The discussion I watched today a spokesman actually stated that 5 London boroughs so far have stated that they will refuse to allow the camera system that monitors the travel of vehicles to be erected, Khan is facing a lot of opposition just hope that he's defeated.
I hope Hillingdon was one... Financially, Heathrow carries a lot of clout, I just hope they have the balls to stand against it.
Onanists always think outside the box.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 02 January 2023, 21:42:27 »

I recently watched a London Assembly committee and one of the members asked Khan whether the Metropolitan Police had a dedicated unit to deal with Grooming Gangs like other police forces around the country.

His answer?  Are you asking me that question because of my faith and background?

The questioner replied: No, because you are the head of the Metropolitan Police.

The Assembly's Presiding Officer (another adherent of the religion of peace) then intervened, ruled the question invalid/irrelevant and quickly moved on to another question.  ::)

Unbelievable!  >:(
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 109   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 21 queries.