Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 109   Go Down

Author Topic: What has P*ssed you off today?  (Read 134131 times)

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
Re: What has P*ssed you off today?
« Reply #30 on: 03 January 2023, 19:33:30 »

People who drive with DRL's  in poor visibility not realising that they have no rear lights on. >:(

I reprogrammed mine so that both front and rears are on together*, although I fully agree with what you are saying. Also, people who forget that the Auto Lights sensor doesn’t know when it’s foggy.

*With VagCom you have the option of selecting ‘Scandinavian Mode’, which puts the rear lights on as well.
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 03 January 2023, 19:51:23 »

People who drive with DRL's  in poor visibility not realising that they have no rear lights on. >:(

I reprogrammed mine so that both front and rears are on together*, although I fully agree with what you are saying. Also, people who forget that the Auto Lights sensor doesn’t know when it’s foggy.

*With VagCom you have the option of selecting ‘Scandinavian Mode’, which puts the rear lights on as well.
I believe Opti used to have a Scandinavian mode, but he's not up to it any more  :(
Diesel till I die

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 03 January 2023, 22:02:01 »

Did the same on the 530D, think it was the ECE option (European setting)

78bex

• Omega Knight
    • 2.2 CD AUTO / FAZER 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 03 January 2023, 23:53:46 »

Youngest kid is trying to tell me a bratty girl at school is making her life miserable  :(
Second oldest daughter over hears our conversation & pulls the her little sister to one side
I thought she was gonna comfort the kid & then with arms folded I hear her say ; "Now tell me her name"
At that point I knew I was no longer needed :)

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 04 January 2023, 00:08:38 »

Pi**sed me off today . . . ?
My birthday. Another year older. Another tentative step toward the grim reaper  :y
 . . . and so it is with all of you lot  ;)
Happy Birthday
though it doesn't sound like you're very "happy" about it  :P

Ha ! I'm totally fine  :y
I just like to try and live up to my reputation of being a miserable old fart   ;D

“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 04 January 2023, 08:35:03 »

That Khan is a little prick I hope he Fu&£s off soon the waste of space.

No Muslim should be given any position of power in the UK, they simply want to destroy our way of life, IE restriction of movement in our own cities ,why we are bowing down to their stupid religion/culture is beyond me , allowing a Muslim to raise huge amounts of cash will only lead to funding their extreme beliefs.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 04 January 2023, 10:53:10 »

Morons who decided to mandate the use of DRLs.
Grumpy old man

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 04 January 2023, 10:59:29 »

Agreed.
Though my ML does have DRLs, the AUTO light does work quite well & it's not often I have to override it. It also kinda helps in that the lights are linked with the wipers .... it's not uncommon for lights to auto switch ON when the auto wipers have done a good few wipes (turning the wipers OFF will also turn the auto lights OFF too) Also there is no OFF position on the light switch.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 04 January 2023, 11:07:16 »

No Muslim should be given any position of power in the UK, they simply want to destroy our way of life, IE restriction of movement in our own cities ,why we are bowing down to their stupid religion/culture is beyond me , allowing a Muslim to raise huge amounts of cash will only lead to funding their extreme beliefs.
I think that is an unfair generalisation of the Islamic faith.  Whilst there are, like any religion, varying forms of extremism, in my experience most want to live quietly and not piss others off, as is the case with most faiths until power hungry mongrels go power mad.

I think you will find that most <insert any religious/ethic/indigenous group here> who do not want to integrated into the British way of life do so not on the basis of their religion.
Grumpy old man

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 04 January 2023, 11:26:41 »

I think that is an unfair generalisation of the Islamic faith.  Whilst there are, like any religion, varying forms of extremism, in my experience most want to live quietly and not piss others off, as is the case with most faiths until power hungry mongrels go power mad.

I think you will find that most <insert any religious/ethic/indigenous group here> who do not want to integrated into the British way of life do so not on the basis of their religion.

Unfortunately I have to disagree, having had to deal with incarcerated Muslims when I was working I found all of them to be totally evil & they would not adhere to the most simplest of rules or instructions they want everything their own way & too many people are afraid to challenge them.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 04 January 2023, 11:36:45 »

Agreed.
Though my ML does have DRLs, the AUTO light does work quite well & it's not often I have to override it. It also kinda helps in that the lights are linked with the wipers .... it's not uncommon for lights to auto switch ON when the auto wipers have done a good few wipes (turning the wipers OFF will also turn the auto lights OFF too) Also there is no OFF position on the light switch.
My Astra switches the lights on after eight sweeps of the auto wipers. I also have auto lights, but they can be overridden with an off switch.
You'd think Mercedes would keep up  ;D
Diesel till I die

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 04 January 2023, 11:39:22 »

Unfortunately I have to disagree, having had to deal with incarcerated Muslims when I was working I found all of them to be totally evil & they would not adhere to the most simplest of rules or instructions they want everything their own way & too many people are afraid to challenge them.
I'm guessing it wasn't that way in Guantanamo  :-X
Diesel till I die

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 04 January 2023, 11:51:49 »

To be fair, the ones that you had the pleasure of dealing with in your line of work, were there because of what they were. As TB said, there are millions who just want to get on with their lives, as the vast majority in most countries worldwide want to do.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 04 January 2023, 12:26:49 »

Good points made by all, but I don’t believe Muslims should govern great swathes of this country anyway however nice they are, they have totally different beliefs and culture to us.
Laying a rubber road.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 04 January 2023, 14:02:46 »

To be fair, the ones that you had the pleasure of dealing with in your line of work, were there because of what they were. As TB said, there are millions who just want to get on with their lives, as the vast majority in most countries worldwide want to do.

No we also had the " pleasure" of dealing with their families on visits who were "totally free" they were also arrogant scheming cu**ts so no amount of " snowflake" thoughts would sway my opinion.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 109   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 21 queries.