Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Masks don't work...  (Read 2887 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Masks don't work...
« Reply #15 on: 09 March 2023, 14:15:31 »

Incidentally, there was an interesting documentary on Channel 5 last night about the Black Death with Dan Snow. The second part is on tonight.  :)
Guessing thats a repeat, as sure I saw him do one 2 or 3 years ago?
Grumpy old man

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 09 March 2023, 14:19:59 »

Incidentally, there was an interesting documentary on Channel 5 last night about the Black Death with Dan Snow. The second part is on tonight.  :)
Guessing thats a repeat, as sure I saw him do one 2 or 3 years ago?

Possibly.  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 09 March 2023, 14:22:05 »

As Covid originated from China are we all entitled to reparations from the bloke who looks like Winnie the Pooh? :)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 09 March 2023, 14:36:45 »

As Covid originated from China are we all entitled to reparations from the bloke who looks like Winnie the Pooh? :)

The thing that I find amusing is that when Trumpy suggested that the virus might have escaped from the lab in Wuhan, they all went nuts and said he was racist and was promoting conspiracy theories. When Biden suggested that the virus might have escaped from the lab in Wuhan they all stroked their chins and went Hmmmm...... Maybe it did.  ::)

It seems to be mainstream opinion these days that the virus did indeed escape from the lab in Wuhan.  :)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 09 March 2023, 14:41:20 »

'just in case' the  chinky sniffle returned.
It never went away, whatever Boris claimed.

And even fully vaccinated, healthy people are falling ill with it, though hopefully not so ill to need a hospital or morgue visit.

Probably never will so we just have to live with it. I've had it and have had  worse colds/flu.

People are too fearful.

Lets face it it's hardly the black death. :)

As for being fully vaccinated, the people who have had the most jabs seem to catch covid more often.

My daughter was an ICU nurse on the covid wards at the height of it .... she saw loads die of it.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 09 March 2023, 14:54:49 »

The results are skewed based on people who SHOULD have been wearing a mask saying they did  ::)
Because people Lie ,won't admit to wrong doing (like not wearing a mask when it's a job requirement )

If only a few thousand people got saved from serious illness or death because masks where worn ,
then that's a positive outcome  :)
I know people who where seriously ill ,and 2 of my friends died of Covid .

masks are still worn in Hospitals ,GP surgeries and chemists to name a few places .

Covid was a serious problem ,as is clearing the back log of health issues NOT dealt with because hospitals where full of people with Covid .

several people here will argue masks don't work, covid didn't happen ,Covid wasn't "serious" and have done  ::)
It wouldn't have been AS SERIOUS had people got with the program and implemented infection control .

Like wearing masks !

I CBA to say any further on the subject , I wasted my MASKED BREATH argueing and trying to educate idiots during the pandemic   :-X

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 09 March 2023, 14:57:47 »

The results are skewed based on people who SHOULD have been wearing a mask saying they did  ::)
Because people Lie ,won't admit to wrong doing (like not wearing a mask when it's a job requirement )

If only a few thousand people got saved from serious illness or death because masks where worn ,

masks are still worn in Hospitals ,GP surgeries and chemists to name a few places .

Covid was a serious problem ,as is clearing the back log of health issues NOT dealt with because hospitals where full of people with Covid .

several people here will argue masks don't work, covid didn't happen ,Covid wasn't "serious" and have done  ::)
It wouldn't have been AS SERIOUS had people got with the program and implemented infection control .

Like wearing masks !

I CBA to say any further on the subject , I wasted my MASKED BREATH argueing and trying to educate idiots during the pandemic   :-X

Dave, you've come over all preachy. ::) >:D

I was happy to mix with both the jabbed and the not jabbed. No idea who gave covid to me.

For me personally, it wasn't very traumatic although obviously it doesn't take much to push an 80 year old with other health concerns into the next world.

I'm more interested in the excess deaths of young people (20-30), mainly with heart related problems.

« Last Edit: 09 March 2023, 15:04:55 by Field Marshal Dr. Opti »

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 09 March 2023, 15:41:58 »

Like wearing masks !

I was happy to mix with both the jabbed and the not jabbed. No idea who gave covid to me.

For me personally, it wasn't very traumatic although obviously it doesn't take much to push an 80 year old with other health concerns into the next world.

I'm more interested in the excess deaths of young people (20-30), mainly with heart related problems.
Why would you be interested in it?
Diesel till I die

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 09 March 2023, 15:52:04 »

Like wearing masks !

Because as human beings some of us are curious and interested as to why anomalies occur.

Others may have no interest outside of Corrie, Emmerdale, Cash in the Attic, and How clean is your house.

We are all different. :)

« Last Edit: 09 March 2023, 15:55:09 by Field Marshal Dr. Opti »

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 09 March 2023, 16:05:27 »

Like wearing masks !

Because as human beings some of us are curious and interested as to why anomalies occur.

Others may have no interest outside of Corrie, Emmerdale, Cash in the Attic, and How clean is your house.

You forgot The Real Deal.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 09 March 2023, 16:11:46 »

Like wearing masks !

Some of us realise that life is too short to be interested in things that may or may not be true and which we can do absolutely nothing about either way  :)
Diesel till I die

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 09 March 2023, 16:40:12 »

Like wearing masks !

You forgot The Real Deal.

Is this the one with the orange bloke?

If some TV executive had said 20 years ago " I have a great idea, lets make 30 minutes of TV about a couple of women in marigolds cleaning another woman's cooker, millions will watch" ;D

Yet here we are.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 09 March 2023, 16:57:08 »

....and after cleaning the oven they then take great delight in cleaning the crapper. ;D

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 09 March 2023, 17:00:40 »

I think that you either believe masks work or you don't, and generally people won't be persuaded otherwise whatever.   ::)

It's the same with Brexit, climate and scones.  :)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 09 March 2023, 17:20:48 »

I think that you either believe masks work or you don't, and generally people won't be persuaded otherwise whatever.   ::)

It's the same with Brexit, climate and scones.  :)
Scones? Definitely not!
Diesel till I die
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 18 queries.