Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Snow?  (Read 2552 times)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
Snow?
« on: 09 March 2023, 11:26:44 »

Is anyone snowed in? According to my tellybox, Armageddon is nigh, especially in Yorkshire. It's coming down here, but it's not sticking, don't think I'll have to dig a track out back for the pup to have a crap  :-\

« Last Edit: 09 March 2023, 11:29:09 by STEMO »
Diesel till I die

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Re: Snow?
« Reply #1 on: 09 March 2023, 11:46:04 »

None here. It's just cold and very wet.
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09 March 2023, 12:03:25 »

Had a couple of inches yesterday, but it's been pissing it down since yesterday afternoon here, so none left :'(
Onanists always think outside the box.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09 March 2023, 12:04:23 »

Light snow most of the day yesterday. It didnt settle though and now its pissing down with rain.
Obviously proof of climate change.  :D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09 March 2023, 12:10:21 »

Is anyone snowed in? According to my tellybox, Armageddon is nigh, especially in Yorkshire. It's coming down here, but it's not sticking, don't think I'll have to dig a track out back for the pup to have a crap  :-\

It's pretty much the same here

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09 March 2023, 12:14:23 »

3 or 4 inches of snow here yesterday but most of it’s gone now due to rain
Laying a rubber road.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09 March 2023, 12:42:05 »

Same here in cold, raw, soggy Suffolk. The media do love a dramatic headline though.  ::)

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09 March 2023, 13:12:39 »

Weve a few inches fallen since about 7:30 in North East Wales, Still coming down and sticking.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09 March 2023, 13:21:04 »

Had about 1cm overnight.  Successfully used an RC car to remove it from the road and my back garden this morning ;D

I think its due to warm up here from about now.
Grumpy old man

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09 March 2023, 13:30:03 »

Just started snowing heavily, just sleet earlier which wasn't laying at all no matter  don't intend going anywhere & plenty of food & drink indoors must be something worth watching on Netflix..
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 09 March 2023, 13:39:30 »

Just started snowing heavily, just sleet earlier which wasn't laying at all no matter  don't intend going anywhere & plenty of food & drink indoors must be something worth watching on Netflix..
I believe'All quiet on the western front' is a cracker.
Diesel till I die

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 09 March 2023, 13:51:59 »

I believe'All quiet on the western front' is a cracker.

Watched it last week Steve , it was excellent..👍.

Unfortunately wife wants to watch that orange idiot Dickinson
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 09 March 2023, 14:16:41 »

must be something worth watching on Netflix..
I seem to spend hours looking for something remotely watchable on ShitFlix.  Usually I fail ;D
Grumpy old man

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 09 March 2023, 21:12:46 »

Had about 6" of snow yesterday morning, which made my normal back road out of the village interesting on my commute.

About 1/2 way down the A32 it all disappeared.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 10 March 2023, 06:54:17 »

Things have changed overnight, most schools in Sheffield closed today, which means I have an interfering wife to cope with today. I'll have to invent loads of stuff to do to prove how busy I am while she's at work.
Diesel till I die

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 10 March 2023, 07:47:51 »

Quite a bit around nottingham, less closer to Gaydon, A46 was two tramlines with to many slow muppets on it!

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 10 March 2023, 08:20:40 »

Things have changed overnight, most schools in Sheffield closed today, which means I have an interfering wife to cope with today. I'll have to invent loads of stuff to do to prove how busy I am while she's at work.

Funny how schools close nowadays but they can still go out and play in the snow.

When I was thirteen, I walked 2 and a half miles in drifting snow and finally arrived at theschool at 10 ( where it was raining). I got a caning. All day I hoped for early closure. No chance.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 10 March 2023, 09:09:11 »

Funny how schools close nowadays but they can still go out and play in the snow.

When I was thirteen, I walked 2 and a half miles in drifting snow and finally arrived at theschool at 10 ( where it was raining). I got a caning. All day I hoped for early closure. No chance.

Snow doubled the amount of time it took me to get to school.

One morning, one of my class arrived after the class started at 10:30, having walked from Rainham. Just after his teeth stopped chattering, it was announced we were being sent home. Neil's grasp of Anglo-saxon impressed the English teacher, who was well known for his ability to express himself ;D

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 10 March 2023, 09:17:05 »

Yes, but horses and carts were better at getting about than modern vehicles.
Diesel till I die

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 10 March 2023, 09:17:16 »

And we have just had a director moaning that he had to get somebody to hold the bonnet open to top the washer fluid up............when it had 50mm of snow on it

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 10 March 2023, 09:18:57 »

And we have just had a director moaning that he had to get somebody to hold the bonnet open to top the washer fluid up............when it had 50mm of snow on it
I'd have waited till his hands were well and truly under there and..........BAM!  ;D
Diesel till I die

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 10 March 2023, 09:22:23 »

There's a group of 60 children been on a residential at a camp site all week in rural south Sheffield. There's a zoom going on in the kitchen, about fifteen women trying to work out how to extricate them. I'm dying to....... no, better not  ;D
Diesel till I die

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 10 March 2023, 10:02:01 »

There's a group of 60 children been on a residential at a camp site all week in rural south Sheffield. There's a zoom going on in the kitchen, about fifteen women trying to work out how to extricate them. I'm dying to....... no, better not  ;D

Horse and cart?  ;D
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 10 March 2023, 10:07:12 »

Horse and cart?  ;D
As far as I can see (and I've been our for a quick drive) all the main roads are pretty clear. Unfortunately, this camp site is up a long, narrow country lane, and a tree has fallen over halfway down it. I suggested, as long as they have food and water, leaving them there till the snow clears up. But, apparently, that's against their human rights   ;D
Diesel till I die

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 10 March 2023, 10:19:51 »

Horse and cart?  ;D
As far as I can see (and I've been our for a quick drive) all the main roads are pretty clear. Unfortunately, this camp site is up a long, narrow country lane, and a tree has fallen over halfway down it. I suggested, as long as they have food and water, leaving them there till the snow clears up. But, apparently, that's against their human rights   ;D
"lord of the flies" all over again  >:D

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 10 March 2023, 10:20:58 »

We have a solution. A local farmer has agreed to shift the tree, and the coach company will send a minibus along with the coach. The coach will wait at the bottom of the lane while the minibus ferries the kids to it. Farmer is standing by to help should minibus get stuck. Education eh? It's not the same job it used to be.
Diesel till I die

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 10 March 2023, 10:22:59 »

Horse and cart?  ;D

They could remove the tree the old fashioned way: by using the labour of lots of people. Character building is an old fashioned phrase too.

Not that any of this matters in England in early March where it can snow at the beginning of the week and we can be seriously considering shorts and t-shirts for the weekend.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 10 March 2023, 10:24:48 »

We have a solution. A local farmer has agreed to shift the tree, and the coach company will send a minibus along with the coach. The coach will wait at the bottom of the lane while the minibus ferries the kids to it. Farmer is standing by to help should minibus get stuck. Education eh? It's not the same job it used to be.
I hope they have enough bubble wrap and cotton wool to protect them during transfer  :-\

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 10 March 2023, 10:50:16 »

I hope they have enough bubble wrap and cotton wool to protect them during transfer  :-\
Apparently they're going to anaesthetise them  :-\
They'll leave the campsite and wake up on the bus  ;D
Diesel till I die

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 10 March 2023, 11:12:22 »

After yesterday’s monsoon the little bit of snow we had here this morning came to nothing. It’s very windy though, the motorbike cover was making a bid for freedom until I roped it down.
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 10 March 2023, 11:13:35 »

After yesterday’s monsoon the little bit of snow we had here this morning came to nothing. It’s very windy though, the motorbike cover was making a bid for freedom until I roped it down.
A monsoon in Oxford is just a drizzle in Yorkshire  :P
Diesel till I die

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 10 March 2023, 11:43:06 »

A monsoon in Oxford is just a drizzle in Yorkshire  :P

;D :y
We’re surrounded by rivers though, so the rain takes the water level above the road level. My brother-in-law used to row his boat to the village shop after a heavy downpour.  ;D  The ring road has been raised up, as apparently cars don’t react well to being six feet under water.
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

Drewomega

• Aviemore and Mallorca
    • SKODA Octavia Scout 2.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 10 March 2023, 12:07:14 »

No snow up here for a few days and most of that has gone. Minus 16c this last couple of nights though!! Back to Mallorca at the end of this month. 25c there this week. Lovely!!  8) 8)
I'm always last in the office in the morning but I make up for it by leaving first.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 10 March 2023, 12:10:28 »

Had a bit more this morning , then sunshine so all gone now.

countrywoman

• worcestershire
    • skoda yeti
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 10 March 2023, 13:10:16 »

Snow on the cars this morning at 6am, went back to sleep and it had all gone by 9. Amazing how the country grinds to a halt with 1/2 ins of snow, ok old fart time BUT when I was younger snow never stopped us getting around. Walked to junior school with the snow level with the hedgerows, never got stuck driving either but then all RWD. 

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 10 March 2023, 13:18:06 »

Snow on the cars this morning at 6am, went back to sleep and it had all gone by 9. Amazing how the country grinds to a halt with 1/2 ins of snow, ok old fart time BUT when I was younger snow never stopped us getting around. Walked to junior school with the snow level with the hedgerows, never got stuck driving either but then all RWD.
Did you have time for a handful of cold gravel before you left your cardboard box for school?  ;D
Diesel till I die

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 10 March 2023, 14:14:54 »

Gravel!! You're lucky, we used to…,,,,,,
Laying a rubber road.

countrywoman

• worcestershire
    • skoda yeti
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 10 March 2023, 19:19:13 »

Cardboard box!! luxury !!

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 10 March 2023, 22:45:37 »

🤣🤣
Laying a rubber road.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 16 March 2023, 11:16:40 »

Apparently, whilst I was dead, we had a "lot" of snow here.  Not quite sure home much a "lot" is, as I've heard it was terrible, and nobody could get anywhere/. So probably a tiny dusting of snow....
Grumpy old man

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 16 March 2023, 11:47:23 »

You were dead ? You might have let us know this had happened.  ::)

Edit. Just seen your post about Chinese sniffles in the other thread.

Swmbo and I caught it last April. Son turned up to stay on a Friday before his wedding on Sunday. Saturday his nose is running like a tap, so I suggested he did a test. The horrified look on his face told us the result. He had Covid the day before his wedding.
Wedding had to be moved outdoors, but went ahead.
I tested positive two days later, and swmbo was a couple of days behind me.
I did feel pretty rough for several days and on the worst day I wouldnt have been able to go to work even if I was allowed to.
Had to stay away until several days after a negative test, but got full pay so no big deal.
First time in the 14 years at the job I had time off sick, so was a bit irked at breaking my record, but shit happens I suppose.

Edit. Just had a vague thought that I may have posted all of that about 11 months ago, but cant really remember.
No worries, most of you probably cant remember either, so I should get away with it.  :D
« Last Edit: 16 March 2023, 11:57:29 by Migv6 le Frog Fan »
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 16 March 2023, 11:54:05 »

He mentioned it in passing on the 'Masks don't work' thread. I reckon he's stretching the truth somewhat.
Diesel till I die

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 16 March 2023, 12:26:27 »

He mentioned it in passing on the 'Masks don't work' thread. I reckon he's stretching the truth somewhat.

Back from the dead at Easter   :o

mmm  :-\

He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty THE boy ! clicky

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 16 March 2023, 14:05:51 »

I did feel pretty rough for several days and on the worst day I wouldnt have been able to go to work even if I was allowed to.
Had to stay away until several days after a negative test, but got full pay so no big deal.
First time in the 14 years at the job I had time off sick, so was a bit irked at breaking my record, but shit happens I suppose.
Apparently, I didn't make it to Thursday afternoon last week, and didn't turn up on Friday.  No issues with this week anyway, as I had the week off anyway.

Its just dawned on me that its Thursday today, so thats an entire week I can't account for :o.  Still, I'm spending some of the day being conscious today, so all good now :y
Grumpy old man

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 16 March 2023, 18:42:09 »

If your sick during your holiday from work, apparently you can legally have the holiday added back on to your entitlement.
Ludicrous I know, but it was probably something dreamed up by the French when we were still in the U.S.E.  ;)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 16 March 2023, 19:04:49 »

If your sick during your holiday from work, apparently you can legally have the holiday added back on to your entitlement.
Ludicrous I know, but it was probably something dreamed up by the French when we were still in the U.S.E.  ;)
Or you can use your holiday pay to make up for the meagre SSP :-X
Onanists always think outside the box.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 16 March 2023, 19:40:00 »

Ludicrous I know, but it was probably something dreamed up by the French when we were still in the P.R.E. ;)

Fixed that for you Albs!  :)

The United States of Europe implies a dynamic, innovative low tax, small state kinda place, so I think the People's Republic of Europe is far more appropriate!  ;)  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 16 March 2023, 19:41:47 »

Good point, well presented.  :y ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 17 March 2023, 12:05:30 »

Yup, I can jump through those hoops, but would lose it anyway, as our leave year ends on 31st March, and I'm already off for most of that ;D
Grumpy old man

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 17 March 2023, 18:03:52 »

Should be allowed to carry a few over ?

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 18 March 2023, 09:26:54 »

Should be allowed to carry a few over ?
Already carrying over the limit.
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 21 queries.