Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 44   Go Down

Author Topic: Brexit negotiations  (Read 71540 times)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: Brexit negotiations
« Reply #330 on: 26 November 2018, 21:39:58 »

The phrase 'cut your nose off to spite your face' springs to mind...

I agree that the breakem approach is what people voted for. However it should be clear that at this point in the process, such an approach would only serve to completely screw us over.
Onanists always think outside the box.

STEMO

« Reply #331 on: 26 November 2018, 21:42:42 »

Some more than others.

STEMO

« Reply #332 on: 27 November 2018, 10:48:25 »

I see Donald has put the boot in. But, then again, he seems to be that kinda of fella. Never kick a man till he's down.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: 27 November 2018, 11:22:19 »

I see Donald has put the boot in. But, then again, he seems to be that kinda of fella. Never kick a man till he's down.

"A good deal for the EU." Donald Trump

On Sunday EU leaders took just 38 minutes to approve the deal amid much smiles, back slapping and laughter, so the Donald ain't wrong.  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: 27 November 2018, 12:28:15 »

"A good deal for the EU." Donald Trump

On Sunday EU leaders took just 38 minutes to approve the deal amid much smiles, back slapping and laughter, so the Donald ain't wrong.  ::)

It's a piss poor deal but the best we were ever going to get.

The idea of leaving the EU was that it was strangling us. It was time to move forward to horizons new. Within a decade we would be a superpower once more, like in Victorian times.  ::)

It hasn't worked out that way. We've gone from the optimism of 'the best deal ever' to being almost grateful for a few scraps from the EU table. :-\

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: 27 November 2018, 12:42:21 »

If we 'no deal' do we get to keep the 39 billion? ::)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: 27 November 2018, 14:21:52 »

No, but as I understand it our financial obligations that are legally due are significantly less than £39 Billion.  :y

For example there are the budget contributions for the 19 month transition/implementation period to December 2020 which is probably worth £15-16 billion that we wouldn't have to pay.  :y

Don't forget that also they are talking about extending the transition/implementation period for a year maybe two and I think it's reasonable to assume that this will cost at least £10 Bill a year!  ???

Rather than meekly writing off the value of our share of the assets held by the EU, we could tot that up and deduct it from the total due.  :y 

I think there have been other 'goodwill' payments that have been agreed as well that we wouldn't have to pay in the event of No Deal, but they have been (probably deliberately) vague in how the £39 Billion has been calculated.  ::)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: 27 November 2018, 15:05:17 »

No, but as I understand it our financial obligations that are legally due are significantly less than £39 Billion.  :y

For example there are the budget contributions for the 19 month transition/implementation period to December 2020 which is probably worth £15-16 billion that we wouldn't have to pay.  :y

Don't forget that also they are talking about extending the transition/implementation period for a year maybe two and I think it's reasonable to assume that this will cost at least £10 Bill a year!  ???

Rather than meekly writing off the value of our share of the assets held by the EU, we could tot that up and deduct it from the total due.  :y 

I think there have been other 'goodwill' payments that have been agreed as well that we wouldn't have to pay in the event of No Deal, but they have been (probably deliberately) vague in how the £39 Billion has been calculated.  ::)

.....which, in reality, could mean for an indeterminable amount of time. Probably forever.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: 27 November 2018, 17:38:45 »

Having just heard TM's statement, I feel somewhat more optimistic than the media types would like us to be.

That bloody woman from the Beeb needs to be educated on the meaning of journalistic integrity though >:(
If you’re talking about the ugly blonde Scottish bint who looks like she lost an an argument with a cricket bat, she is pro brexit as it helps her political beleifs

She is left wing and pro remain. She wouldn't be allowed to work for the BBC if she was anything else. The only exception being Andrew Neil, and there are presently moves afoot to pension him off.
That's conkers, and you know it.  BBC News is pro exit (at any cost - the deal or no deal), hence showing the daily migrant problems again for the first time since the referendum...   ...just because their were whisperings of another vote.

You're right on the left wing bit though.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: 27 November 2018, 17:40:43 »

Having just heard TM's statement, I feel somewhat more optimistic than the media types would like us to be.

That bloody woman from the Beeb needs to be educated on the meaning of journalistic integrity though >:(
If you’re talking about the ugly blonde Scottish bint who looks like she lost an an argument with a cricket bat, she is pro brexit as it helps her political beleifs
Laura Kuensbergg...  ???

No I think he's referring to Wee Krankie!  ;D
Difficult to tell them apart, both want the same things - and exit from the EU, and Scottish independence.  The former to get the latter, as they, understandably, want to rejoin the EU
Grumpy old man

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: 27 November 2018, 18:02:10 »

She is left wing and pro remain. She wouldn't be allowed to work for the BBC if she was anything else. The only exception being Andrew Neil, and there are presently moves afoot to pension him off.
That's conkers, and you know it.  BBC News is pro exit (at any cost - the deal or no deal), hence showing the daily migrant problems again for the first time since the referendum...   ...just because their were whisperings of another vote.

You're right on the left wing bit though.

Eh??  ???  :o  WTF have you been smoking?  ::)  :P  ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: 27 November 2018, 18:10:58 »

Open your eyes.

Notice today that Brexit isn't even the lead story. Migrants is.  I wonder why that could be.

(actually, I know it is anyway, in a professional capacity).
Grumpy old man

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: 27 November 2018, 18:15:06 »

Open your eyes.

Notice today that Brexit isn't even the lead story. Migrants is.  I wonder why that could be.

(actually, I know it is anyway, in a professional capacity).

Yes I've heard that, but to suggest that the BBC is in any pro BREXIT is utter nonsense!  ;D

I think you need to go and lie down in a darkened room!   ::)  :)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: 27 November 2018, 18:58:46 »

The reason the "migrants" are the lead story at the moment is that they are now swarming across the channel by any means they can find, because the rumour mill has told them that it will all come to an end after Brexit. Apparently they are all youngish Iranian males.
Fark knows why they think that will make a difference, as they are illegals. Those who lose the automatic right to come here will be the 500 million EU citizens.
Iran must be expelling its citizens with a low I.Q. and advising them to head for England.  ::) ;D
While we are on the subject. Imo, anyone who rescues them and then brings them to this side of the channel, should serve a long sentence for illegal people smnuggling, as that is exactly what they would be doing.
Anyone who rescues them and takes them back to France should be given a reward - say £5000 per person - from the public purse.  :)
The BBC is not only pro EU, it has received millions  of pounds in grants from the EU over the years to buy its loyalty, and has gone to great lengths to try and keep this fact from public view. ;)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: 27 November 2018, 19:46:50 »

PMSL.

Yes, everyone believe as you wish.

Remember, the EU really really need us, and will roll over any give us everything we want, and give us £200b a day, and even a hedgehog could have got us all this and more.  Wake up ;)

Yes, we all know Brexit won't stop the illegal immigrant of economic migrants.  But the beeb are playing this non-stop currently to put the seed in the mind of the (generally gullible, thick) public that they need to select one of the Brexit options on an increasingly likely (but ultimately undemocratic, and wrong) future referendum.

Nobody denies the deal is shite. Really shite, but its probably as good as was possible when playing with the deck we had.  And that deal ain't gonna change.  And if we vote that one down, that leaves no exit (next most likely) or hard exit (unlikely, as its suicide for the UK).
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 44   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 18 queries.