Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... 44   Go Down

Author Topic: Brexit negotiations  (Read 71527 times)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
Re: Brexit negotiations
« Reply #375 on: 29 November 2018, 13:41:18 »

Ironically, Spain has what  istermed a golden visa. Have lots of dosh? Not of EU origin? No problem . The Costas are booming with Russian black money being  laundered. Great for the economy in the short term but a disaster in the making. Drug gangs bringing the stuff in for Europe from Africa is now a serious out of control problem. I believe Malta has the same problem with golden visas . Maybe Lizzie knows?

What apparently is happening is that Malta is agreeing for migrants to land on the Island on the proviso that the EU countries will take them all on.

This lovely Island is just 8 miles x 16 miles, so to take in any significant number of migrants would cause all kind of problems putting a strain on the services and housing that, make our difficulties over migrants seen almost insignificant.

The dilemma for Malta is though that they need 30,000 foreign workers over the next 4 years to maintain it's 6% growth rate, and it has received 1.5 billion Euros from the EU in the last 13 years in development funds and private investment. 10,000 jobs are being created in Malta every year, bucking the high unemployment trend of Southern Europe.  But where all the migrant workforce is going to live, without completely covering the Island in housing (hotels are now everywhere!) I do not know. :o
« Last Edit: 29 November 2018, 13:43:53 by Lizzie Zoom »

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: 29 November 2018, 18:04:02 »

So Theresa May wants a TV debate with Jeremy Corbyn about her shitty deal, but he'd rather watch I'm A Celebrity....  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

2boxerdogs

« Reply #377 on: 29 November 2018, 18:19:58 »

So Theresa May wants a TV debate with Jeremy Corbyn about her shitty deal, but he'd rather watch I'm A Celebrity....  ;D

I'd rather walk round town with broken glass in my shoes, than watch any of that shite.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: 29 November 2018, 18:40:17 »

make them do a bushtucker trial. I would pay good money to watch her eat a kangaroo penis while he was eating a ostrich anus.  ;D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: 29 November 2018, 19:13:06 »

Ironically, Spain has what  istermed a golden visa. Have lots of dosh? Not of EU origin? No problem . The Costas are booming with Russian black money being  laundered. Great for the economy in the short term but a disaster in the making. Drug gangs bringing the stuff in for Europe from Africa is now a serious out of control problem. I believe Malta has the same problem with golden visas . Maybe Lizzie knows?

What apparently is happening is that Malta is agreeing for migrants to land on the Island on the proviso that the EU countries will take them all on.

This lovely Island is just 8 miles x 16 miles, so to take in any significant number of migrants would cause all kind of problems putting a strain on the services and housing that, make our difficulties over migrants seen almost insignificant.

The dilemma for Malta is though that they need 30,000 foreign workers over the next 4 years to maintain it's 6% growth rate, and it has received 1.5 billion Euros from the EU in the last 13 years in development funds and private investment. 10,000 jobs are being created in Malta every year, bucking the high unemployment trend of Southern Europe.  But where all the migrant workforce is going to live, without completely covering the Island in housing (hotels are now everywhere!) I do not know. :o

Golden visa ina nutshell is because youhave loads of dosh, youcan buy into the EU where otherwise you would not be able to.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: 29 November 2018, 23:33:38 »

Who would have guessed it? The worst & most incompetent, serial lying, UK PM of many generations (of all time?) Theresa May has a cunning infallible plan to get her Chequers plan through parliament, except she isn't Baldrick! :-[ :-[ :-[ ;D ;D ;D

http://www.politics.co.uk/comment-analysis/2018/11/29/no-10-s-bungled-brexit-strategy-is-sabotaging-may-s-remainin

We all know what a rabbit caught in headlights looks like, frozen to the spot & struggling & unable to communicate. just like dipstick May today.

(Sir William) Bill Cash (the quiet but very effective assin anti-EU MP) asked her a question at PMQs the other day on the legality of May's EU leave treaty which she has signed but is subservient & incompatible with the UK Withdrawal Act & whether she sought the Attorney General's council & advice before signing it & why that advice must under parliamentary rules be made available to MPs. May was evasive at the PMQs.

Today May was giving evidence to the European Scrutiny Parliamentary committee where coincidently Sir William Cash is chairman of. So he took the time to ask the question again. May knows that if she lies the rules of the house will force her to resign. So more stuttering evasion from May so I think we can take the answer to the question being that either she didn't seek the Attorney General's council & advice or it was unfavourable. Bill Cash on such matters is like a pitbull, his metaphorical teeth are now embedded in his prey, jaw is locked & he isn't letting go until he gets an answer. May's further evasion, just isn't going to wash & the question won't go away. :y :y :y ;D ;D ;D

US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: 30 November 2018, 16:26:22 »

I'm starting to wonder if we will remain in the EU.

TM's deal is unlikely to succeed in parliament leaving 'no deal or perhaps 'no Brexit' as the only options.

If we have a second referendum I don't think 'no deal' would fly.

Just a  thought. :)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: 30 November 2018, 16:30:18 »

The day the results of the regerendum were announced , I said that the establishment would never allow us to leave. I would have bet good money on it but couldnt find any odds.

Long long way to run yet.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: 30 November 2018, 16:51:49 »

The day the results of the regerendum were announced , I said that the establishment would never allow us to leave. I would have bet good money on it but couldnt find any odds.

Long long way to run yet.

I'm starting to think that Brexit isn't going to plan...... ::)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: 30 November 2018, 17:01:19 »

Parliament will reject May's crappy deal and the EU's response will be to grant a 3 month extension of A50 to sort ourselves out.  A 2nd referendum will be held in May/June and the question will be heavily loaded towards Remain.  ::)

Something like:  Remain in the European Union or Leave the European Union and The Four Horsemen of The Apocalypse will lay waste to the country, slaughter your children, and turn Netflix off!  :)

There's probably no need to lay waste to the country or slaughter any children, just turning off Netflix should do it, but the Establishment won't take any chances this time.  ::)  ;D

« Last Edit: 30 November 2018, 17:03:32 by Sir Tigger QC »

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: 30 November 2018, 17:38:12 »

Parliament will reject May's crappy deal and the EU's response will be to grant a 3 month extension of A50 to sort ourselves out.  A 2nd referendum will be held in May/June and the question will be heavily loaded towards Remain.  ::)

Something like:  Remain in the European Union or Leave the European Union and The Four Horsemen of The Apocalypse will lay waste to the country, slaughter your children, and turn Netflix off!  :)

There's probably no need to lay waste to the country or slaughter any children, just turning off Netflix should do it, but the Establishment won't take any chances this time.  ::)  ;D

Which option do you believe would/will prove most popular?
« Last Edit: 30 November 2018, 17:42:01 by Field Marshal Dr. Opti »

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: 30 November 2018, 17:48:13 »

Due to intensive farming methods the land could probably do with being left fallow for a while after being laid waste to, most kids these days seem to be horrible little scrotey brats, and there are alternatives to Netflix....  :)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: 30 November 2018, 19:51:56 »

Due to intensive farming methods the land could probably do with being left fallow for a while after being laid waste to, most kids these days seem to be horrible little scrotey brats, and there are alternatives to Netflix....  :)
Surely not...

Sky or Amazon  :o

I'll take Armageddon over funding their world domination. In fact I would probably prefer to join a union ;D
Onanists always think outside the box.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: 30 November 2018, 22:40:52 »

I'd go for no deal and take the hit rather than remain and become part of the German empire which is the way the EU are heading.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: 01 December 2018, 10:45:57 »

Interesting that the British mainstream media havn't reported this?  ???

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/wto-says-its-rules-would-not-force-eu-or-uk-to-erect-hard-irish-border-1.3710136

I guess it dosn't fit in with the Establishment's apocalyptic narrative.  ;)

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... 44   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 18 queries.