Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 44   Go Down

Author Topic: Brexit negotiations  (Read 71528 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Brexit negotiations
« Reply #420 on: 03 December 2018, 19:00:54 »

This monumental recession . Is that just the UK or does it include any European countries?

Plenty of empty shops here in Spain. New businesses pop up regularly, often the same as the one that went under. Funded by the very favourable redundancy payments here. Then they too go under .

My observation of the dead high streets in the UK is they need to reinvent themselves. Empty Shops should be converted into cheap accomodation to allow youngsters onto the housing ladder. Others into entertainment or drop in centres. The Internet is here to stay as is Internet shopping.
It appears to be UK rather than Europe or Global.

Although not entirely blameless, the Internet is not the reason - the drop in high street bricks and mortar shop turnover is NOT being taken up by Internet retailers.

I was discussing this with a group of retail owners a few weeks ago, and it does seem to be related partly due to people not having the cash, and partly due to those who do have the cash not having the confidence (it seems nobody can agree if its uncertainty around Brexit or the interest rate rise last year (following the drop immediately following the referendum), or maybe the 2 are so intertwined)
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: 03 December 2018, 19:03:26 »

Imo the internet
That is pretty much proved not to be the case, though with so many back bedroom internet businesses, many not paying any VAT and taxes, its impossible to be 100%

coupled with criminally high business rates, is the cause.
Not really, criminally high rents is more of an issue.
Grumpy old man

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: 03 December 2018, 19:37:47 »

JLWaitrose isn't Brexit related... They have much bigger internal issues.  :-X
Never said it was ;).  I said the country was on the verge of a massive recession, and JL Partnership was likely to be a victim of it next year.  Most retailers would say we already are in recession...
Not recession related either, but one will almost certainly kill it.
Onanists always think outside the box.

STEMO

« Reply #423 on: 03 December 2018, 19:44:31 »

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile

STEMO

« Reply #425 on: 04 December 2018, 06:34:00 »

Rochdale... Is that anywhere near Rotherham  :-\
No.  :)
Just a thought...
A daft one.
More sinister...
Do you think the Rochdale Herald has actually got anything to do with Rochdale? ::)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: 04 December 2018, 08:34:11 »

The tenuous link wasn't the local rag... More an observation of character.

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: 04 December 2018, 12:13:31 »

The eu says that UK can legally cancell Brexit .
Well what a surprise ,with perfect timing too , just before the debate and vote in the HOC.
The female SKY presenter was almost orgasmic with delight this am announcing this blatently convenient third  option .
In all my life I've never seen such a contrived and desperate programme of guile ,fear tactics , misinformation and lies , duplicity and gross manipulation of any fact , correct or otherwise , by a minority of people utterly determined to get their own way irrespective of others .
Sky and BBC should be pilloried for their incessant biased and increasingly frantic reportage of any doom laden fact spewed out by even the most unknown persons or group.
Every eager and willing remoaner interviewed is never interrupted between questions and the ambience is jolly and gay ........whereas throw a Brexiteer in there and the studio becomes the Colloseum of Rome ,the interviewer a starving lion with the Emperor directing.

With great disappointment , and disgust ,I think I can see the way this is going and frankly if we do see an engineered reversal of the one and only peoples vote then opps them .
Any allegiance I have will be to myself in the future.

STEMO

« Reply #428 on: 04 December 2018, 12:30:32 »

The tenuous link wasn't the local rag... More an observation of character.
Load of bollix, you mean.  ;D

STEMO

« Reply #429 on: 04 December 2018, 12:35:17 »

Well what a surprise ,with perfect timing too , just before the debate and vote in the HOC.
The female SKY presenter was almost orgasmic with delight this am announcing this blatently convenient third  option .
In all my life I've never seen such a contrived and desperate programme of guile ,fear tactics , misinformation and lies , duplicity and gross manipulation of any fact , correct or otherwise , by a minority of people utterly determined to get their own way irrespective of others .
Sky and BBC should be pilloried for their incessant biased and increasingly frantic reportage of any doom laden fact spewed out by even the most unknown persons or group.
Every eager and willing remoaner interviewed is never interrupted between questions and the ambience is jolly and gay ........whereas throw a Brexiteer in there and the studio becomes the Colloseum of Rome ,the interviewer a starving lion with the Emperor directing.

With great disappointment , and disgust ,I think I can see the way this is going and frankly if we do see an engineered reversal of the one and only peoples vote then opps them .
Yes, Don. If that scenario was to happen, there would be a sizeable chunk of the population totally washing their hands of politics in general. I've said it on here before, if Brexit is reversed, I will never go near a polling booth again. And woe betide any political door knocker who ventures up my path.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: 04 December 2018, 12:38:53 »

Yep.....it's not over until it's over.

Civil war anyone? ::)

Can I have first refusal of the General Lee? It has a pretty flag on it's roof. ;)

STEMO

« Reply #431 on: 04 December 2018, 12:41:31 »

Where's Nigel Farage these days? I think he would make a fine prime minister.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: 04 December 2018, 12:44:59 »

'Shouty nige' is not as vocal as you might imagine.

........as for him becoming PM. No thanks. ;D

STEMO

« Reply #433 on: 04 December 2018, 12:46:13 »

'Shouty nige' is not as vocal as you might imagine.

........as for him becoming PM. No thanks. ;D
You'd prefer Corbin, no doubt. Or, perhaps, Harold Wilson.  ;D

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: 04 December 2018, 12:46:44 »

Yes, Don. If that scenario was to happen, there would be a sizeable chunk of the population totally washing their hands of politics in general. I've said it on here before, if Brexit is reversed, I will never go near a polling booth again. And woe betide any political door knocker who ventures up my path.

That would suit the EU just fine.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 44   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 18 queries.