Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: no cigs since......  (Read 4911 times)

humbucker

• Omega Baron
  • Cambridgeshire
  • VX Trade Card, Halfords Trade Card. Neat.
    • www.irmscherMV6.com
    • View Profile
    • www.irmscherMV6.com
Re: no cigs since......
« Reply #30 on: 26 March 2008, 15:53:05 »

nah paul mckenna is full on hypnosis. hypnotherapy isnt like that at all. its really just putting you in a bit of a trance, like when youre daydreaming. mckenna is full hypnosis and therefore a loss of willpower. with hypnotherapy you are conscious the whole time and able to get up and walk away at any stage.

when youre in that 'daydreaming' state your subconscious is more susceptible to 'positive reinforcement' ie. ramming it home that you really dont want to smoke anymore. of course you have to want to give up in the first place or it wont work, its reinforcement and hypnotherapy alone is not necessarily enough; you have to want to quit in the first place.

your hypnotherapist should be a properly qualified and registered practitioner.
http://www.irmscherMV6.com | #irmscherMV6
Genuine Tech1 and Tech2 diagnostic services for Vauxhalls and Saabs available in and around Cambs.
PM with your requests.

zippo

• Omega Baron
  • manchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 26 March 2008, 15:59:58 »

nah paul mckenna is full on hypnosis. hypnotherapy isnt like that at all. its really just putting you in a bit of a trance, like when youre daydreaming. mckenna is full hypnosis and therefore a loss of willpower. with hypnotherapy you are conscious the whole time and able to get up and walk away at any stage.

when youre in that 'daydreaming' state your subconscious is more susceptible to 'positive reinforcement' ie. ramming it home that you really dont want to smoke anymore. of course you have to want to give up in the first place or it wont work, its reinforcement and hypnotherapy alone is not necessarily enough; you have to want to quit in the first place.

your hypnotherapist should be a properly qualified and registered practitioner.
i thought it was all the same ,my Mum wants to quit smoking it might be worth looking in to for her benefit

humbucker

• Omega Baron
  • Cambridgeshire
    • www.irmscherMV6.com
    • View Profile
    • www.irmscherMV6.com
« Reply #32 on: 26 March 2008, 16:33:01 »

i thought it was all the same ,my Mum wants to quit smoking it might be worth looking in to for her benefit

i couldnt recommend it enough. 5 of my friends have since been and all quit for good. usually only needs 1 session but occasionally a second for more reinforcement.

i paid £45 for a session and this is about right. another friend paid £200 in london. she was ripped off. it still worked though!
Genuine Tech1 and Tech2 diagnostic services for Vauxhalls and Saabs available in and around Cambs.
PM with your requests.

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 26 March 2008, 23:25:41 »

I wish i could give up.

I have quit on and off for years, the hubby smokes too which doesnt help matters. he says he wants to quit but after 2 days he folds.

I have so much stress going on at the mo :( i really dont think i could do it right now. :'( :'(

i will do it but its finding the right time! i know it sounds like a cop out but i will quit soon. last time i quit i noticed the difference in days it was great i would wake before my alarm clock went off ready for the day where as at the mo i lie in bed hitting the soonze button!

Do you still get 'blue liners' ?  :)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 26 March 2008, 23:28:54 »

They required a truely dedicated smoker to smoke them!! ;) Especially the non tipped.

HerefordElite

• Omega Knight
  • Hereford
  • Welcome to the Shire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 26 March 2008, 23:30:42 »

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Allen-Carrs-Easy-Stop-Smoking/dp/0141026898/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1206574093&sr=8-1

this book is supposed to be really good - i gave up at christmas 'cold turkey' no patches or crap and haven't had a puff since.
tough to start but getting easier every day and feeling great for it :y
Nova SR, MKII Cav Sri130, MKII Astra GTE16v, Omega 3.0V6 Elite, Silver Cross Sleepover Classic

rad cap

• Intermediate Member
  • manchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 26 March 2008, 23:33:43 »

has your engine stopped smoking as well. we cant sell it if its smokes.
less beer money

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 26 March 2008, 23:37:02 »

They required a truely dedicated smoker to smoke them!! ;) Especially the non tipped.

Better than No 6. They were tipped when I smoked them, and cheap, going back a bit mind. :D :D :D
« Last Edit: 26 March 2008, 23:37:37 by floodm »

rad cap

• Intermediate Member
  • manchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 26 March 2008, 23:51:11 »

you cant beat a good roll up.

zippo

• Omega Baron
  • manchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 27 March 2008, 04:04:58 »

has your engine stopped smoking as well. we cant sell it if its smokes.
less beer money

are you still on about trying to sell my car, ::) tell you what if i pop my clogs before you I'll leave it you in my will  :y :y Then you can flog it and you and Mike can have a booze up on the proceeds of the sale .
How your going to get drunk on £1.50 ill never know :D :D

waspy

« Reply #40 on: 27 March 2008, 05:16:54 »

That's almost a week bud, keep going because the longer the time the easier it gets  :) :) :) :)
Well done by the way matey  :y :y :y :y

humbucker

• Omega Baron
  • Cambridgeshire
    • www.irmscherMV6.com
    • View Profile
    • www.irmscherMV6.com
« Reply #41 on: 27 March 2008, 08:39:37 »

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Allen-Carrs-Easy-Stop-Smoking/dp/0141026898/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1206574093&sr=8-1 :y

one of my friends had read this book and given up before she went to see the hypnotherapist. on her recommendation i started to read it but found it so mind numbing that i didnt get round to finishing it. as it's about reinforcement and bombarding you with the same message over and over again until it sinks in it's pretty boring and repetitive. that said, it works for a lot of people and i'm in no way dismissing it.

one of the best things about giving up using hypnotherapy is the lack of any withdrawal symptoms because you're technically 'not giving anything up'.

allen carr himself died of lung cancer a couple of years ago, the result of a 100 a day habit for 30 years. i don't know where it is possible to find the time to smoke 100 fags a day!
« Last Edit: 27 March 2008, 08:42:04 by ilovemyelite »
PM with your requests.

Marie

• Omega Baron
  • Linconshire but works in oxfordshire
  • i am a hands on person, i like to get stuck in !!!
    • 2ltr LPG Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 27 March 2008, 09:08:59 »

Nope you dont, and you can only get the tax free fags whilst at sea!

Now has two miggs in our house hold. Both 2.0ltr 16v lpg'd. a MFL and a FL.

zippo

• Omega Baron
  • manchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 27 March 2008, 10:03:46 »

the craving is bad this morning ,Ive just gone ballistic at a fella for posting a fast food flyer through my letterbox ,to be fair we do get 5 a week  ::) ::)

V8S

• Intermediate Member
  • Dorset
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 27 March 2008, 10:13:21 »

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Allen-Carrs-Easy-Stop-Smoking/dp/0141026898/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1206574093&sr=8-1 :y

one of my friends had read this book and given up before she went to see the hypnotherapist. on her recommendation i started to read it but found it so mind numbing that i didnt get round to finishing it. as it's about reinforcement and bombarding you with the same message over and over again until it sinks in it's pretty boring and repetitive. that said, it works for a lot of people and i'm in no way dismissing it.

one of the best things about giving up using hypnotherapy is the lack of any withdrawal symptoms because you're technically 'not giving anything up'.

allen carr himself died of lung cancer a couple of years ago, the result of a 100 a day habit for 30 years. i don't know where it is possible to find the time to smoke 100 fags a day!

He quit in the 1980s, it was probably the thousands of sessions of helping other people to quit that brought on the cancer.

They have courses all over the world; about £200 and, if you don't quit, you get your money back.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 22 queries.