Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Calling Jasonm.....  (Read 6252 times)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
Calling Jasonm.....
« on: 13 December 2015, 00:01:43 »

Wonder if I could ask what the police can do, or what powers they have in a situation like this.

We were sat on our sofa, just about an hour or so ago. We then heard a massive crash and bang, looked in the back garden to see a car in there! The b@started then reversed out and drove off  :o  >:(

We are in a town, he must having been going stupid speed to crash through a metal fence, our wooden fence and take out some concrete posts.

Luckily his number plate came off! So have a full details of it, we gave it to the police who said they would make a call on the registered driver. But in a situation like this, can they prove who was driving? There would be damage to the car.  :-\

I googled the reg and actually found an advert for it's sale some time ago.

05omegav6

Re: Calling Jasonm.....
« Reply #1 on: 13 December 2015, 00:15:37 »

Leaving the scene of an accident having caused third party damage and or injury.
Failing to report such an incident. Although they have seven days before offending iirc...
Plus anything else... DUI/Careless/Dangerous etc...

What do AskMid/Dvla vehicle check say?

Not a good way to spend an evening though... :o

Fences are repairable, glad that was it though, could be alot worse :-\

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 13 December 2015, 00:42:35 »

Could have been a lot worse. Little MissT's bedroom looks onto the garden, she slept through it all!

Tax is due on said car soon, other than that got basic details. Plus photos from its sale some time ago.

Think his mate cruised by earlier, in a similar car. Bet he was looking for the number plate  ::)

All safe though, as you say fence can be repaired.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 13 December 2015, 00:51:05 »

Sounds scary!  :o  Glad the Tunnie family is OK!  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 13 December 2015, 01:06:56 »

I'd hang onto the number plate and pass the details on to your house insurance, especially if you have legal cover. Let them chase him, as the Police may or may not bother.

Obviously press the Police to act too, though.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 13 December 2015, 09:00:10 »

The legal cover bit is on any insurance policy... Often misunderstood that Legal a Cover is Legal Cover. You don't need it on every policy ;)

Glad all are ok and the only casualty is a fence (that, IIRCC, you were planning to replace?)
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 13 December 2015, 09:10:36 »

I'm guessing that car will be coming to a breakers yard near you today or tomorrow or will be reported as stolen, you should be able to claim off the owners insurance regardless for some new garden features etc. Glad all are well ! 
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 13 December 2015, 09:23:02 »

Somehow, I can't see tunnie putting up fences on Xmas morning ;D

Joking aside, glad all is well, in the scheme of things, it could have been very serious.
Grumpy old man

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 13 December 2015, 09:30:57 »

Could pay for the new fence :y

Glad everyone is ok :)

STEMO

« Reply #9 on: 13 December 2015, 09:57:56 »

Somehow, I can't see tunnie putting up fences on Xmas morning ;D

Joking aside, glad all is well, in the scheme of things, it could have been very serious.
Course not, that's what friends are for  :)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 13 December 2015, 10:16:19 »

Thanks all for the lovely comments  :y :y :y

Sods law it was the good fence, the proper one, not the one made of A4 paper. That's the other side of our house!

Had a note through the door from local copper, asking for our contact details as they wanted to pass on drivers insurance details. So looks like they have caught him/her and they have fezzed up! - Not sure why they just did not knock on the door though, guess it was during the night.  :-\

Just spoken to very helpful people on 101, officer will be calling us tonight to provide us with details of the driver so we can use our insurance. As the 'ARB' looks to be complete, I won't need to fill out an accident form at the station.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 13 December 2015, 10:32:21 »

Good news. Sounds like it should be straightforward and there's one chav who'll hopefully be driving more carefully in future.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

STEMO

« Reply #12 on: 13 December 2015, 10:37:38 »

Sods law it was the good fence, the proper one, not the one made of A4 paper. That's the other side of our house!

Had a note through the door from local copper, asking for our contact details as they wanted to pass on drivers insurance details. So looks like they have caught him/her and they have fezzed up! - Not sure why they just did not knock on the door though, guess it was during the night.  :-\

Just spoken to very helpful people on 101, officer will be calling us tonight to provide us with details of the driver so we can use our insurance. As the 'ARB' looks to be complete, I won't need to fill out an accident form at the station.
Maybe needed a couple of hours to sober up.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 13 December 2015, 10:40:51 »

Yeah 'cos those Coppers are buggers for getting lashed up on their night shifts!  :D  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

STEMO

« Reply #14 on: 13 December 2015, 10:58:35 »

Yeah 'cos those Coppers are buggers for getting lashed up on their night shifts!  :D  ;D
Have I got the wrong end of the stick....again?  ;D
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 21 queries.