Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: London bridge.  (Read 12319 times)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: London bridge.
« Reply #45 on: 05 June 2017, 13:59:59 »

Like what?

Martial law?
Microchipping?
Curfews?
Segregated transport/roads/pavements?
No freedom of information?
No freedom of speech?
No communication except screened post?

If any of that happens, we might as well opps off to North Korea :-X

No, status quo is about right... Follow the loons, and as soon as they sneeze out of turn, double tap and call it done.
Onanists always think outside the box.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 05 June 2017, 14:43:45 »

At the moment I think we have the balance about right, although given the number of people "known to the authorities" (around 20k iirc) then probably we need more resource on them to actively monitor their activities.

I distrust the idea that you start arresting/detaining people without evidence of actual wrongdoing or at least (as we have now) preparing to commit certain acts. To go further risks alienating certain communities more than we already have. Then the information will start to dry up and we'll be really fuc£ed.

Where I do think we need to do more is making social media providers take ownership of their content. I can't swallow the "we can't possibly police that much content" argument when it comes from an organisation that has more money than god. If they want to be in the UK they need to adequately police their content.

aaronjb

« Reply #47 on: 05 June 2017, 15:48:14 »

There is break all you can do to stop a nutcase with a car from ramming people short of, as Al suggested, martial law, curfews, pedestrianising everywhere, big barriers installed at every kerbside etc

This time they hired a car, last time they stole one IIRC - but there's nothing to stop some guy the authorities don't know about and who has owned a car for the last ten years doing exactly the same thing. From the outside he'll look just like you and me - a normal person - inside he's a seething ball of rage and hatred and last time I checked we don't have a good way of detecting that.

For anyone suggesting a "policed" internet - I hope you are all looking forward to not being able to post here without a team of moderators reading everything and approving it.. and I hope TB has the funds to pay them! ;) Heck, forums like this might not even be allowed.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 05 June 2017, 16:04:43 »

For anyone suggesting a "policed" internet -

Listen up, Theresa! ::)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 05 June 2017, 18:12:41 »

I thought the responce this time was pretty good
Only because it was central London and the powers that be decreed that security was beefed up along with "resident" SAS and armed response units. Wonder if 8 minutes would have been achieved in another area of the country

A while ago I moved away from London. I and sleep much better because of this. Nothing to do with response times, more to do with risk. But actually where I live, if there was a major "incident" I think the response time would be faster, mainly as the geographical area is smaller. How do you provide "rapid response" in London ?
Armed police in vehicles on every other street corner...
I've probably mentioned it before, but the last armed robbery bro had, the police said to deal with it themselves, and call back when they were gone  :'(
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 05 June 2017, 18:15:29 »

For anyone suggesting a "policed" internet - I hope you are all looking forward to not being able to post here without a team of moderators reading everything and approving it.. and I hope TB has the funds to pay them! ;) Heck, forums like this might not even be allowed.
Currently, we are able to comply with current EU legislation, but if we had to approve every post, the whole shebang would have to go read only forever.

Arsebook would also fold.  So its not all bad ;D
Grumpy old man

2boxerdogs

« Reply #51 on: 05 June 2017, 18:27:43 »

Somehow I think the Police are getting the credit for something they may not have done, 50 rounds in a matter of minutes sounds like special forces to me ,but whoever did it good on them the more of these Fu**ing Bastards that get taken out the better.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 05 June 2017, 19:16:13 »

Somehow I think the Police are getting the credit for something they may not have done, 50 rounds in a matter of minutes sounds like special forces to me ,but whoever did it good on them the more of these Fu**ing Bastards that get taken out the better.
Heckler Koch MP5s that our plod carry are plenty capable of firing a damn site more than 50 rounds in a minute. Hell they would probably manage that on the single round setting :-X

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 05 June 2017, 19:50:23 »

I note, with disgust, that both the BBC and ITV have been deliberately quiet about this, IMHO, very important and well written statement ..

http://www.mcb.org.uk/over-130-imams-religious-leaders-from-diverse-backgrounds-refuse-to-perform-the-funeral-prayer-for-london-attackers-in-an-unprecedented-move/

Perhaps if they gave more publicity to this sort of condemnation a couple of things would happen ... 1) there would be less media-fuelled hatred of one section of our society, most of whom are ordinary, peaceful, folk  2) Some of those tempted to join in the stupidity might actually think twice ??

Either way, I say "Well done" to the MCB, I just wish you were getting the publicity you deserve, unfortunately, those with an agenda of their own will not allow it.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 05 June 2017, 20:22:52 »

Either way, I say "Well done" to the MCB, I just wish you were getting the publicity you deserve, unfortunately, those with an agenda of their own will not allow it.

Indeed. I noted that tgose same outlets were petty quiet on the gavels that the knob end behind the Manchester attack had been reported several times by members of his community. Still, none of that fits the them and is narrative that is flavour of the decade amongst our various hack-rags.  ::)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 05 June 2017, 20:46:09 »

Immediately post 9/11, a reporting phone call was an efficient way of disappearing people :-X

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 06 June 2017, 06:02:57 »

Having watched the news, and the we love Manchester concert  :y :y. I've noticed a certain type of person missing every time. Even the bias broadcasting collective haven't interviewed or been seen in these areas.?
Hoof'land storeman.

STEMO

« Reply #57 on: 06 June 2017, 06:09:07 »

I note, with disgust, that both the BBC and ITV have been deliberately quiet about this, IMHO, very important and well written statement ..

http://www.mcb.org.uk/over-130-imams-religious-leaders-from-diverse-backgrounds-refuse-to-perform-the-funeral-prayer-for-london-attackers-in-an-unprecedented-move/

Perhaps if they gave more publicity to this sort of condemnation a couple of things would happen ... 1) there would be less media-fuelled hatred of one section of our society, most of whom are ordinary, peaceful, folk  2) Some of those tempted to join in the stupidity might actually think twice ??

This was 'mentioned' on BBC news last night, along with about five high-ranking Muslims from different walks of life publicly condemning terrorism in general.

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 06 June 2017, 10:46:26 »

Having watched the news, and the we love Manchester concert  :y :y. I've noticed a certain type of person missing every time. Even the bias broadcasting collective haven't interviewed or been seen in these areas.?

Look a little harder... Remember that terrorism sells papers and gets viewers watching, delivering balanced news that helps shut the xenophobic minority up doesn't  >:(
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 06 June 2017, 12:21:24 »

Well, Diane Abbot might be Home Secretary by this time next week. That will help solve all these kinds of problems.  :o
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.014 seconds with 17 queries.