Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: F1  (Read 1428 times)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
F1
« on: 18 April 2021, 20:24:48 »

Enjoyed that. Damp races always show talent.

The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
Re: F1
« Reply #1 on: 19 April 2021, 10:59:24 »

Yes was a good race, Enjoying this season so far :y
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 19 April 2021, 11:36:50 »

Bottas is lucky to be alive. The halo appeared to prevent Russells wheel going into the cockpit and probably breaking his neck.
Hamilton actually made two mistakes (slow getaway and lack of patience lapping backmarkers), which is probably more than he has made in the last two or three years.
Maybe feeling a bit of pressure ?
If his reverse gear button hadnt taken about 15 seconds to engage the gear, he may well have still caught Verstappen and we could have had dogfight right at the end. Having said that, its a very difficult track to overtake on.
My money is till on Hamilton for the title, unless Red Bull can  give their car a very serious advantage.
I dont think Verstappen has all the attributes to beat Hamilton on merit over the course of a season. Too impetuous and confidence that is over the line into arrogance, which will trip him up under serious pressure, as it did at the first race.
Its going to be an interesting season whatever happens.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 19 April 2021, 13:38:56 »

Bottas is lucky to be alive. The halo appeared to prevent Russells wheel going into the cockpit and probably breaking his neck.
Hamilton actually made two mistakes (slow getaway and lack of patience lapping backmarkers), which is probably more than he has made in the last two or three years.
If his reverse gear button hadnt taken about 15 seconds to engage the gear, he may well have still caught Verstappen and we could have had dogfight right at the end. Having said that, its a very difficult track to overtake on.
My money is till on Hamilton for the title, unless Red Bull can  give their car a very serious advantage.
I dont think Verstappen has all the attributes to beat Hamilton on merit over the course of a season. Too impetuous and confidence that is over the line into arrogance, which will trip him up under serious pressure, as it did at the first race.

I think young George got his knickers in a twist and was to blame for the accident.

Landrover Norris is good but looks so young I half expect his Mum to come along lick her hanky and then wipe the snot from beneath his nose. ;D ;D 

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 19 April 2021, 17:55:59 »

So, to make F1 even slightly remotely interesting, it has to be wet.  That about says what is wrong with the sport.

I watched the Ch4 highlights, and the 2 hour show over an hour of the usual talking utter drivel, and spent a lot of time showing the safety car period.  So clearly, even with the rain, the racing was non existent and dull, as they must have been struggling for content.
Grumpy old man

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 19 April 2021, 19:25:31 »

I think young George got his knickers in a twist and was to blame for the accident.

Landrover Norris is good but looks so young I half expect his Mum to come along lick her hanky and then wipe the snot from beneath his nose. ;D ;D

Agree with you about Russell. Rookie error. We have over the years, seen many similar from what turned out to be future champs.

Lando faster than the much vaunted Ricciardo ( I never rated Daniel that highly). Ocon beat Alonso. Yes a good season in prospect.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 19 April 2021, 20:12:05 »

I on the other hand have always rated Riciardo very highly. I suspect he is still settling into the new team / new car.
Its possible his motivation is starting to wane though, as realistically, its unlikely he is ever going to win a title now. And maybe, deep down he knows it ?
Why Vettel and Alonso are still doing it I really dont know. Vettel in particular really does look like a complete has been.
I have never rated Ocon that highly, and am surprised that he was ahead of Alonso.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 19 April 2021, 20:42:20 »

I think Vettel will go mid season.

I agree re Ocon. My late brother rated him through his career . We will see how Ricciardo pans out...

Toto must be gutted managing both Bottas and Russell.

At least we have Marzipan to entertain us!

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 20 April 2021, 13:05:25 »

I on the other hand have always rated Riciardo very highly. I suspect he is still settling into the new team / new car.
Its possible his motivation is starting to wane though, as realistically, its unlikely he is ever going to win a title now. And maybe, deep down he knows it ?
Why Vettel and Alonso are still doing it I really dont know. Vettel in particular really does look like a complete has been.
I have never rated Ocon that highly, and am surprised that he was ahead of Alonso.

Much like an old boxer making a comeback.

It rarely ends well when they return. :-X

456lbft

• Northants
  • Exhaust manufacturer from Northamptonshire
    • Omega MV6-Fred
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 20 April 2021, 13:17:25 »

Ricciardo was only rated because he beat Seb one year at Red Bull, but that season Seb was sandbagging to invoke contract release to let him go to Ferrari.  Unfortunately his affair with the Italian red-head hasn't given him the results he expected, mainly because Braun had left and the management team imploded.  Seb's best days are behind him now, same as MSC's were at Merc. Expect Aston to take a step forward only if/when Merc pull out when Ham retires, by then Daimler-Benz will have taken over what's left of Aston the road car company.
Carlton 3.6 Track Car
Omega 3.2 MV6 Fred

deviator

• Omega Knight
  • Chesterfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 20 April 2021, 14:29:41 »

At least we have Marzipan to entertain us!

I'll just leave this here.  ;D

'Time since last spin'  :D

I have to say, based on his previous antics, I expected more from Hazaspin. Still there is plenty of time to go.
FCR and cam lock off kit available. Deposit maybe required. Contact me.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 20 April 2021, 14:44:43 »

That is excellent. Have bookmarked it :y

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 22 queries.