Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The 2.2 is going tomorrow .  (Read 738 times)

2boxerdogs

The 2.2 is going tomorrow .
« on: 25 April 2015, 21:01:16 »

Spoke to the old chap who used to look after my cars before he retired told him about the 2.2 being replaced by the Panda, said he knew someone who may be interested in it. Well he came round tonight gave me £100 deposit & is collecting it tomorrow gave me full asking price £300, couldn't believe the full history with every bill from new, when he walked around it he asked about the towbar & what it had been towing ? Explained that I had it fitted when I bought the car 3 years ago & wife used to run the local guide group had only towed a small trailer about 6 times as she has now given up guiding, showed him the bill for £270 to fit & supply Witter towbar ,he then asked if I was leaving it on, I had no intention of taking it off anyway, he was over the moon with that as he is hoping to get a caravan next week , he will be doing the head gasket so the old girl battles on.So if you see HT 03 XLR tell him he got an absolute bargain.

Steve B

• Omega Baron
  • Leicestershire
    • '52' MV6 3.2 Saloon
    • View Profile
Re: The 2.2 is going tomorrow .
« Reply #1 on: 25 April 2015, 21:05:27 »

Spoke to the old chap who used to look after my cars before he retired told him about the 2.2 being replaced by the Panda, said he knew someone who may be interested in it. Well he came round tonight gave me £100 deposit & is collecting it tomorrow gave me full asking price £300, couldn't believe the full history with every bill from new, when he walked around it he asked about the towbar & what it had been towing ? Explained that I had it fitted when I bought the car 3 years ago & wife used to run the local guide group had only towed a small trailer about 6 times as she has now given up guiding, showed him the bill for £270 to fit & supply Witter towbar ,he then asked if I was leaving it on, I had no intention of taking it off anyway, he was over the moon with that as he is hoping to get a caravan next week , he will be doing the head gasket so the old girl battles on.So if you see HT 03 XLR tell him he got an absolute bargain.
Dont think the 2.2 will be happy about that idea  :y

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 25 April 2015, 21:12:45 »

I'll defend the 2.2 all day long, in manual form I think it's fine.

But it will be rubbish for towing big weights, even 4 up the 2.2 is sluggish. Full holiday pack plus a burger van, that engine is going to have work very hard for just normal progress.

2boxerdogs

« Reply #3 on: 25 April 2015, 22:19:44 »

I'll defend the 2.2 all day long, in manual form I think it's fine.

But it will be rubbish for towing big weights, even 4 up the 2.2 is sluggish. Full holiday pack plus a burger van, that engine is going to have work very hard for just normal progress.
She is an automatic , how it will get on with a van  I don't know, fairly flat around here depends on where he intends going with it !!

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 25 April 2015, 22:24:18 »

It will do it. Just not quickly, I've done camping trips in my 2.2. Couple of mates plus full boot, really notice the lack of power. So plus caravan too!!  :o

At least it's being saved. That's main thing  :y

2boxerdogs

« Reply #5 on: 25 April 2015, 22:41:19 »

It will do it. Just not quickly, I've done camping trips in my 2.2. Couple of mates plus full boot, really notice the lack of power. So plus caravan too!!  :o

At least it's being saved. That's main thing  :y
Yes at least it is staying on the road , it is far too good to break ,no rust anywhere nice smooth auto box  but the wife just wanted something smaller, I have been driving the Panda today it's like driving a go kart compared to a mig.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 18 queries.