Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Headlight upgrade ?  (Read 3371 times)

Mr.OmegaMan

• Omega Baron
  • Middle of nowhere
    • 3.2 Elite , CLS500
    • View Profile
Re: Headlight upgrade ?
« Reply #15 on: 15 March 2014, 17:58:35 »

3M headlight restoration kit would bring that up a treat  :y

cd 2.2

« Reply #16 on: 15 March 2014, 20:29:14 »

As far as bulb upgrades go (if your on halogens) I am currently using 100w H1 And 100w H7's .. It was the only way I could get enough light down for safe night driving and have not yet had any ill effect on the wiring or plastics

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
« Reply #17 on: 16 March 2014, 00:20:21 »

As far as bulb upgrades go (if your on halogens) I am currently using 100w H1 And 100w H7's .. It was the only way I could get enough light down for safe night driving and have not yet had any ill effect on the wiring or plastics

Its illegal and you will have ;)
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio

cd 2.2

« Reply #18 on: 16 March 2014, 03:28:07 »

Well I care not about the legality of the bulbs  :-X ... All I know is "I can see at night now" and that's the main importance for me to be honest! Theory being that the illegal bulbs are better than not being able to see at night when there is any form of oncoming traffic (I travel on unlit roads allot at night)! If there is any issues with the wiring, I will just rip out what's problematic and upgrade it! The only probable thing to happen is that the connectors to the bulbs fail (very minimal risk of this happening) and the standard fuses for the lights are enough to cope with the load created by the 100w bulbs ... I seriously doubt this would ever happen to be fair. The light units get no hotter than they did before (I checked thoroughly before using them full time)

Each to their own I guess but we will see in time

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 16 March 2014, 09:34:49 »

If the bigger bulbs cause issues for other drivers, then I have a big problem with it. Round these parts, every selfish retard adjust at least one of their lights way too high, and they may argue that its safer because they can see, without realising nobody else can  >:(

If it doesn't, then as a minimum, do the job properly, with relays and better wiring, before it melts switchgear and wiring, which could be problematic if it happens at 100mph down the motorway.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 16 March 2014, 09:37:12 »

The other problem round here is everyone drives with their bloody idiot lights on all the time. These should never, ever be used, as we rarely get that level of fog in the UK (last week, maybe).

They are uncontrolled lights, and cause dazzle. Typical of the opps you jack, I'm alright mentality sweeping the country  >:(
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 16 March 2014, 09:37:47 »

bloody word filter. idiot=t w a t=front fog lights
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 21 queries.