Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Coke Zero  (Read 4235 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Coke Zero
« Reply #30 on: 30 March 2021, 12:18:16 »

So, you want a sugarly caffeine drink, but without the sugar or the caffeine?

Am I missing something?

Not much sugar for me

I drink sugar free cokes etc, sugar free juice. Prefer the taste.

I have 2 strong coffes a day with a bit of sugar in.

maybe 2 cups of tea a week,

plus I have at least 2 pints of semi skimmed milk a day.
I tend to have one coffee a day, but only if I'm at home, and a gazillion cups of tea. And gallons of tap water.

Pop is a treat, but if its a cola, it has to be real coke, full fat.
Grumpy old man

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 30 March 2021, 14:46:20 »

1985 when we barely had any TV channels and video machines had wired remote controls I used to finish work between night and 1am, so no tv worth watching, we hired 2/3 videos a night and drunk a lot.

I used to work my way through a bottle of Bicardi most nights or a bottle of Purnod to make Red Witches, my partner, she supped 4 Heinikens & a 1.5 litre bottle of Lambrusco every night.

In all fairness these days I dont drink at all, but if I had company and in the right mood I would enjoy a drink or 5.

I’m surprised your liver is still working. 😎

I never suffered.  Never got drunk, We worked hard and just used it as a way to chill.  It was a normal night for us for about 3 and half years.

We also made a point of going out for a meal once a week as all we did was prepare food for others most of the week.
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 30 March 2021, 15:05:58 »

Hardly ever touch spirits, got absolutely wasted on Rum many years ago have the occasional Brandy if I feel a cold coming on which is very rarely, have a beer or two most days last time I was really merry was at a leaving do at Peterborough dog stadium must be 12-15 years ago now, drink a lot of fresh fruit juice as well.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 30 March 2021, 17:51:27 »

My old man was in the Royal Navy in the early part of his career, long before he met mum.  So rum was a way of life in my childhood...

...until one evening, dad and I were at home alone together, so decided to go on a voyage with Capt Morgan. Hell, what a voyage that was.  I reckon we circumnavigated the world several times, and the sea must have been rough.

I might have fallen asleep in my O Level exam the next morning  :-[.  Boy did I feel rough.

Can't face the stuff since then.  Gay, I know.
Grumpy old man

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 30 March 2021, 18:11:55 »

Tequila.

I got paralytic on the stuff sometime in the 1990's in Hong Kong, and spent the next two days with my head in a bucket!  :'(

25 odd years on, just the smell of the stuff makes me heave!  :(
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 30 March 2021, 20:04:18 »

Tequila and Diamond White slammers were the drink of choice at Uni on the evenings when it gets to about 10 PM and you think "I've got some catching-up to do here". A process which took about 30 seconds following a shot of that.. If it didn't bounce. :-X

Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 30 March 2021, 20:15:23 »

The third black sambuca is pretty consistent in that regard. The fourth is ALWAYS a bad idea :D
Onanists always think outside the box.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 30 March 2021, 20:24:38 »

and spent the next two days with my head in a bucket!  :'(
That reminds me of my 16th (or ws it 15th, or 14th?) birthday, we flew out to Crete for a family holiday, and that evening I got thoroughly wrecked on Ouzo.  I know I never made it back to our accommodation, but nothing else for about 3 days - every time I came round again, I needed fluids, and after a swig of water, I was ratarsed again.  I gave up alcohol for 2 or 3 years after that

Wasn't the most memorable holiday. The accommodation was truly awful. We had our cameras, valuables and a load of cash nicked. We wrote off a car. We wrote off 2 scooters.
Grumpy old man

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 30 March 2021, 20:58:08 »

That reminds me of my 16th (or ws it 15th, or 14th?) birthday, we flew out to Crete for a family holiday, and that evening I got thoroughly wrecked on Ouzo.  I know I never made it back to our accommodation, but nothing else for about 3 days - every time I came round again, I needed fluids, and after a swig of water, I was ratarsed again.  I gave up alcohol for 2 or 3 years after that

Wasn't the most memorable holiday. The accommodation was truly awful. We had our cameras, valuables and a load of cash nicked. We wrote off a car. We wrote off 2 scooters.
And that's what you remebered? :o
Onanists always think outside the box.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 30 March 2021, 20:59:32 »

I'd say that was very memorable.
Diesel till I die

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 30 March 2021, 22:27:10 »

The bits you remember, you never forget!  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 30 March 2021, 23:48:52 »

I can't drink more than a glass of white wine, as it starts to taste like battery acid. I won't have the first glass. It's because I had far too much at a wine tasting when I was 12. I'll have a couple of glasses of red with dinner, but have no interest in it.

I'm a beer drinker, although there are some I won't touch; Goachers tastes like yesterday's washing up water strained through socks that have been in wellies for a couple of days.

Tea gives me indigestion so I don't drink it.

I like coffee, but caffeine doesn't have any noticeable effect on me.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 31 March 2021, 07:32:42 »

Tea has got to be strong for me + 3 sugars, don't drink a lot of Coffee but prefer it milky.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 31 March 2021, 07:38:16 »

Tea has got to be strong for me + 3 sugars, don't drink a lot of Coffee but prefer it milky.

I have gone the other way, used to like my coffe milky, Now I like it strong, 2 sppons coffe (3/4 of a spoon of sugar) and a splash of milk. :y

Nescafe Gold is the current brand in use but ready for a change as I feel thier blend has changed :-\
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 31 March 2021, 10:00:48 »

Not touched alcohol in more than 40yrs now.Don't like fizzy pop of any kind.Drink gallons of black[am I allowed to call it that?] coffee per day[not stopped me sleeping at all] other than that I like a glass of Shloer with white grape and elderflower being favourite.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 22 queries.