Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... 49   Go Down

Author Topic: Omega Owners Forum  (Read 157568 times)

STMO123

Re: Omega Owners Forum
« Reply #375 on: 22 May 2012, 21:03:07 »

I don't do bad on my likkle phone, with my 10X mag reading glasses  ;D

ozzycat

• Omega Baron
  • chudliegh knighton /devon
    • hyundia i30
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: 22 May 2012, 21:43:36 »

:y :y glad your mrs is feeling better albs :y :y
this is a great forum lets not spoil it
long live the magic tree
its good to be back

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • 2000 (W Reg.) 2.5 V6 CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: 22 May 2012, 21:56:15 »

Thanks for update Albs, good news.

Now, these 'dangle berries'...;D

Can you see yours fatty?  ;D
They are big enough thanks ugly tinker.

Almost a minute to reply, getting old as well. Esta ;D

Haha you lot play rough but it's funny as fkcu  ;D

Albs, glad to hear the SWMBO's doing well. hope alls ok budski  :-* :-* :-* :y :y :y
RIP Paul Lovejoy

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: 22 May 2012, 22:25:05 »

OK, back on topic, anyone else have anything to add, or any ideas for improvement?
Grumpy old man

feeutfo

« Reply #379 on: 22 May 2012, 22:28:56 »

Guide and FAQ index as stickys at the top of gen help please Dad. :)

OOMV6

« Reply #380 on: 22 May 2012, 22:46:47 »

:y

- Or / and highlighting Guides in a "bar" like the news is (but not collapsible), possibly as a fixed thing on all pages.

Possibly do away with the titles, Newbie, Junior etc, (except Admin) but leave the number of posts showing. Don't really see what added value the titles have. Or is there something I am missing?

feeutfo

« Reply #381 on: 22 May 2012, 23:13:25 »

- Or / and highlighting Guides in a "bar" like the news is (but not collapsible), possibly as a fixed thing on all pages.

Possibly do away with the titles, Newbie, Junior etc, (except Admin) but leave the number of posts showing. Don't really see what added value the titles have. Or is there something I am missing?

The general idea of the titles is to give newer members an idea of the experience level of the posters replying, as I understand it.

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
  • Teesside (the nice bit)
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: 22 May 2012, 23:16:40 »

My ADHD won't last long enough to catch up on the last 10 or so pages, so if it hasn't already been mentioned - an OOF garage/ product review section? All too often we have posts asking for decent garages and/or tyre fitters around the country...

Or an OOF "good grub" page too? ;)
Servicing and repairs done in NE. Special rates for OOFers! PM me.

OOMV6

« Reply #383 on: 22 May 2012, 23:23:09 »

The general idea of the titles is to give newer members an idea of the experience level of the posters replying, as I understand it.

Thought it might be something like that. Not a bad idea, but of course somebody with 10K posts might have spent all their time in GenDis and know nowt about cars. Titles don't bother me personally, just didn't see the benefit.

flyer 0712

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: 22 May 2012, 23:29:03 »

well said member b4ndt....i also am a newbie and love looking and finding out about all there is to an omega...i find members on here very helpful with great knowledge of these cars and other cars...i read all of the other sections on here and try to join in on the comments as this is a community site and is a big family of people from all over the world wanting to join in and enjoy what this stands for,,,,,i appreciate the great time and effort that those who run this forum put into it...My one and only gripe if thats the right word to use ..is that at times certain members appear to stray away from the joking and banter that goes on between them .only to become a little too serious at times....So if we could leave that kind of thing away from this forum i think it will be better for it....i would also like to add that i live in houghton regis..bedfordshire and if at any time i can be of help to any members in any way ..please just ask and if i can i will...So now having gone on a bit i am going back to the forum.. :y

feeutfo

« Reply #385 on: 22 May 2012, 23:48:31 »

Thought it might be something like that. Not a bad idea, but of course somebody with 10K posts might have spent all their time in GenDis and know nowt about cars. Titles don't bother me personally, just didn't see the benefit.
That is an issue with it, yes. But then those members don't leave gen chat anyway, generally, unless they want something in gen help.

aaronjb

« Reply #386 on: 23 May 2012, 00:23:26 »

I have a confession, while we're here.  :-[
go on then chris im all ears
I might of over done it... :-[
at Aarons currey house... :-[
might have enjoyed it too much ... :-[
....and been one of those Tossers who drinks more than anyone, eats more than anyone, then devides the bill among everyone. I was oblivious at the time. Until our next meal at home, where we opened the doggy bags to find enough food for two more meals. ;D  ;D  :-[

;D ;D ;D Didn't even cross my mind at the time! I always split bills equally when out with mates - as has been said, it always evens out over time, anyway ;)

Though I did look up at one point and realise all the poppadoms were gone ;D

feeutfo

« Reply #387 on: 23 May 2012, 00:37:23 »

I have a confession, while we're here.  :-[
go on then chris im all ears
I might of over done it... :-[
at Aarons currey house... :-[
might have enjoyed it too much ... :-[
....and been one of those Tossers who drinks more than anyone, eats more than anyone, then devides the bill among everyone. I was oblivious at the time. Until our next meal at home, where we opened the doggy bags to find enough food for two more meals. ;D  ;D  :-[

;D ;D ;D Didn't even cross my mind at the time! I always split bills equally when out with mates - as has been said, it always evens out over time, anyway ;)

Though I did look up at one point and realise all the poppadoms were gone ;D
Right, well if that's not an open invitation....

...when's the next one? :)

aaronjb

« Reply #388 on: 23 May 2012, 01:53:12 »

Right, well if that's not an open invitation....

...when's the next one? :)

When I get back from Seattle, we'll sort something out ;) Can always take a jaunt north to the famed Tiffins next time..

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: 23 May 2012, 11:54:43 »

At the risk of upsetting people, and I don't want to do that.....but as a few have mentioned, retaining interest in 26 pages on a thread is flippin' hard.

Lets face it...this thread has gone off on a few tangents.....and I have to be really honest, I do get raggy when a topic is posted and after a couple of replies, its up and away with the fairies ;)

You wanted opinions...you got one ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Wrong Switch Tony......flicking the wrong bit for 50 years
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... 49   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 22 queries.