Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... 49   Go Down

Author Topic: Omega Owners Forum  (Read 157575 times)

mike213735

• Reading, Berkshire
    • 2001 3.2 Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Owners Forum
« Reply #435 on: 25 May 2012, 19:58:17 »

Chris,

Don't want to air dirty laundry in public but had quite a major bust up with a ex (I think) member on here about something ridiculous, but I had to draw the line when he PM'd me threatening to come down and sort me out like a man???

Oh, didn't I say not doing my dirty laundry in public....oh well, its dead and buried now :)

Mike

feeutfo

« Reply #436 on: 25 May 2012, 20:07:53 »

Well, given the nature of the thread, nows the time. I mean, if something drove you away we should know I suppose, it's not something we like to see happen to members.

Free country and all that, but starting another forum in competition, seems an extreme step....?
« Last Edit: 25 May 2012, 20:10:17 by chrisgixer »

Murph

• Dartford, Kent
    • 2.5 Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: 25 May 2012, 20:09:43 »

I've not been here for very long in the grand scheme of things (4 months ish) but long enough to know that without OOF I;d be pretty sunk.
The atmosphere on here is for the most part positive and supportive, although there's been the odd bump in the road but then with a forum of this size you'd expect a few.
Abusive PM's though... beggars belief!

I've moderated a few forums, been admin on two (still am on one) and have never had that problem.
Maybe I'm just lucky.... or maybe people just feel sorry for me having to wear this ugly mug all the time....   ;D

mike213735

• Reading, Berkshire
    • 2001 3.2 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: 25 May 2012, 20:15:24 »

Yeah, I know, I should have ignored the PM's and the abusive phone calls, but I just couldn't.

Perhaps he caught me at a bad time...

Also, the other forum was never meant as competition, just one that I could stop him joining :).

Like I said though, it's all dead and buried and maybe I'm a bigger (definately the case.lol) and more mature man now...

Thanks
Mike

hercules

• Omega Knight
  • sunnyudders
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: 25 May 2012, 20:35:03 »

Yeah, I know, I should have ignored the PM's and the abusive phone calls, but I just couldn't.

Also, the other forum was never meant as competition, just one that I could stop him joining :).

Like I said though, it's all dead and buried and maybe I'm a bigger (definately the case.lol) and more mature man now...

Thanks
Mike
pray tell,name the tvv@t and shame.cant do with im big hard and gonna threaten you down the internet and shit but wouldnt dare say boo face to face....come on who was it  :y

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: 25 May 2012, 20:35:17 »

However, in my defence....

I've moderated or run a fair few forums now, of varying sizes and popularity.  However, nowhere more than OOF have I had so much abuse sent to me in PMs.  It doesn't particularly bother me, as I'm big enough, ugly enough and thick skinned enough to get over it, it does sometimes make you want to remain anonymous after moderating a thread  :-[

Folk need to get a life ffs >:( >:(

I would second that sorry to hear that

Me too, I had no idea it was such a problem....... :o :o :(

feeutfo

« Reply #441 on: 25 May 2012, 20:39:28 »

Thanks
Mike
pray tell,name the tvv@t and shame.cant do with im big hard and gonna threaten you down the internet and shit but wouldnt dare say boo face to face....come on who was it  :y
a member long since banned, with phschological problems.
« Last Edit: 25 May 2012, 20:42:26 by chrisgixer »

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: 25 May 2012, 20:40:16 »

Mike, someone threatened to "come down & sort you out" - What the!? Appalling behaviour. Clearly a retard!

This is a forum, there will always be differences in opinion!

the alarming man

• Omega Baron
  • medway kent
    • disco V8
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: 25 May 2012, 20:41:56 »

I've moderated or run a fair few forums now, of varying sizes and popularity.  However, nowhere more than OOF have I had so much abuse sent to me in PMs.  It doesn't particularly bother me, as I'm big enough, ugly enough and thick skinned enough to get over it, it does sometimes make you want to remain anonymous after moderating a thread  :-[

Folk need to get a life ffs >:( >:(

I would second that sorry to hear that

well i wouldnt be too sorry as most of it i bet comes from mrs tb??... :y.....joking apart whats all that about??
'the more people i meet...the more i like the dog'

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

hercules

• Omega Knight
  • sunnyudders
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: 25 May 2012, 20:42:45 »

Mike, someone threatened to "come down & sort you out" - What the!? Appalling behaviour. Clearly a retard!

This is a forum, there will always be differences in opinion!
true and we all rub along  ;D

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
« Reply #445 on: 25 May 2012, 20:52:52 »

Abusive PM on the way Jaime  ;)
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio

mike213735

• Reading, Berkshire
    • 2001 3.2 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: 25 May 2012, 20:58:56 »

Chris......

I wasn't aware of that :(

Mike

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: 26 May 2012, 09:40:13 »

Well, I have'nt spent as mush time on the Forum as I used to in the past 2 years but that is mainly down to othe commitments eg Uni, work etc.. This issue of the future of the Forum was an item for discussion and debate at last yrs Lakes meet, comments and opinions raised then by some are being re-iterated. The Forum is an excellent Forum only one I have been party to :y, not really able to comment too much on how it has been as I have'nt been on much. I am aware of the Ljay/LK debacle, which is really unfortunate and a shame, and to be perfectly honest should never have happened and this will leave a rift now, which I think will not go away.

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: 26 May 2012, 20:04:32 »

Well, I have'nt spent as mush time on the Forum as I used to in the past 2 years but that is mainly down to othe commitments eg Uni, work etc.. This issue of the future of the Forum was an item for discussion and debate at last yrs Lakes meet, comments and opinions raised then by some are being re-iterated. The Forum is an excellent Forum only one I have been party to :y, not really able to comment too much on how it has been as I have'nt been on much. I am aware of the Ljay/LK debacle, which is really unfortunate and a shame, and to be perfectly honest should never have happened and this will leave a rift now, which I think will not go away.

This is the last time I am mentioning this "debacle"

For me Mike this is true.
I thought after having some time away from the Forum I may chill out about the whole thing, but I have not. I am still as angry about the whole performance as I was when I actually deleted myself from the Forum after over 5 years of being a member. I also decided to ask to be removed from being a Moderator, which has been done.
I have spent hours doing certain things for the Forum, using my own money and time especially organising the Meets. Which I won't be doing again, although this years have already been sorted. As I do not think I will be comfortable attending the Meets, I will not be attending them in the future either, to stop any trouble or uncomfort for myself or anyone else. Ashame but one of those things.
Personally I think the wrong people were banned when this "Debacle" was happening. Ljay one, Myself the other. Jimbob has not once as I have seen stood up and openly accounted for his actions, therefor he should have been the one banned IMHO and yet every picture tells a story.
Maybe this "Debacle" could be used as a learning curve for the future of the Forum? No matter who you are or who your wife/husband is, you should get the same treatment....
I do intend to go back to my older self who used to laugh and joke on here  :y
« Last Edit: 26 May 2012, 20:13:38 by Loo-knee »
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

Dishevelled Den

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: 26 May 2012, 20:08:36 »

I do intend to go back to my older self who used to laugh and joke on here  :y

I'll look forward to that babe. :-* :-* :-*
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... 49   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 22 queries.