Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cash for questions (politics)  (Read 740 times)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Cash for questions (politics)
« on: 25 March 2012, 19:37:59 »

Made I smile to see the Conservatives sacking their money man. Scapegoat.

Plenty of detractors cry out at Labour getting their funding from the unions. Now it seems that £250k gets you a seat at dinner to ask the decision maker questions. Oh the irony of it all!

Where does a party like UKIP get its funding from? (Rhetorical question, doesn't need an answer)

Anyway it is going to be alright as Cameroon has sacked the purse string man and there is going to be a review. Blah blah blah.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

albitz

Re: Cash for questions (politics)
« Reply #1 on: 25 March 2012, 20:39:28 »

Shouldnt be hard for Dave to wriggle out of.He just needs to look at some old footage of what his hero Tony did when he got caught giving peerages for bundles of cash, and then do the same. Seemples. ;)
Are we supposed to be still shocked about the fact that Labour/Tories/Limpdems are all corrupt as break ?  :-\

jaykay

• Fareham Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 25 March 2012, 21:17:02 »

Shouldnt be hard for Dave to wriggle out of.He just needs to look at some old footage of what his hero Tony did when he got caught giving peerages for bundles of cash, and then do the same. Seemples. ;)
Are we supposed to be still shocked about the fact that Labour/Tories/Limpdems are all corrupt as break ?  :-\

OMG i thought that they rinsed themselves in Daz everynight (or that stuff that makes them whiter than white) ;) ;) ;)

IMO they are all the same...brown envelopes stuffed with god knows what!! comes to mind, only this time it seems to have come round a lot sooner than last time (Hamilton et al)

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 25 March 2012, 22:35:21 »

Worst example to me is still the £1m Ecclestone paid donated to Labour to exempt F1 from smoking advertising ban for 12 months.  >:( >:( >:(

Both parties guilty of sucking up to Murdock to get The Scum Sun to support them.  >:( >:( >:( >:(

Much goes on with lobbying groups to persuade MP's / ministers too see their point of view. To me lobbying groups should be subject to a very strict code of conduct.  >:( >:( >:( >:(

Jobs for the boys MP's / ministers / PM's that are arranged while they are still in office, to take up once they have retired.  >:( >:( >:( >:(

Lots of free perks, that they then conveniently forget to register and declare their interest, until it appears in the press.  :( :( :( :(

Abuse of allowances.  >:( >:( >:( >:(

I'm sure there are lots of brown envelopes given and gratefully received at all levels of local and national Government.  >:( >:( >:( >:(

Getting their children into the best schools in area. TPhony BLiar and London Oritory a good example >:( >:( >:( >:(

I'm sure NHS treatment queue jumping goes on, due to their public office.  >:( >:( >:( >:(

And there are probably another 50 things that I haven't mentioned.  >:( >:( >:( >:(

Best and most effective MPs generally also seem to have the greatest integrity (or their better at hiding it).

All of which is trivial when compared to MEPs  >:( >:( >:( :o :o :o

MEP perks / corruption is trivial when compared to French Presidents €150m expenses pa, plus party funds.  >:( >:( >:( :o :o :o

French President perks / corruption trivial when compared to some Eastern European, Asian and African Presidents.  >:( >:( >:( :o :o :o

When a Russian Deputy was asked about the UK MP expenses scandal, he was absolutely disgusted as he said any self respecting Russian Deputy would be insulted with fiddling / accepting such trivial amounts, if its not over £1m, its not worth bothering with.  :o :o :o
« Last Edit: 25 March 2012, 22:37:08 by Rods2 »
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Nickbat

« Reply #4 on: 25 March 2012, 22:47:32 »

Whilst I agree that this is highly shocking, I would hate to see the idea of state funding of political parties rear its ugly head.  :(

I am happy to see parties receive donations, but such donations should be totally transparent.  :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 21 queries.