Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Omega Colour Display (CID)  (Read 4660 times)

pscocoa

• Omega Baron
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • Volvo V90 D5 AWD
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Colour Display (CID)
« Reply #15 on: 05 October 2007, 08:34:23 »

Today's challenge - after the Tech 2 issues at the dealership yesterday the Engine Electronics/immobiliser light has come on and car is now running on emergency programme. Another visit to dealer later today to invesitgate. Not the best week I have ever had

P
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://[/img]

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 05 October 2007, 08:35:41 »

Racking by brains trying to think if its possible to fit the entire CID unpside down in dash.  I remember the MIDs etc its pretty hard as you need the metalic contacts upwards so the buttons above work, but really can't remember the CID  :-/

And your dealer is not correct with some of his assumptions.

Lastly, is the orignal a CID or a GID?
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 05 October 2007, 08:38:33 »

Today's challenge - after the Tech 2 issues at the dealership yesterday the Engine Electronics/immobiliser light has come on and car is now running on emergency programme. Another visit to dealer later today to invesitgate. Not the best week I have ever had

P
Ouch. Possibly unrelated...  ...I know coincidence etc, but as said, probably unrelated.

I am about most of the weekend if you wanted me to attempt the pair/depair?
Grumpy old man

pscocoa

• Omega Baron
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • Volvo V90 D5 AWD
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 05 October 2007, 08:39:59 »

Definitely CID - question is does an Astra have the buttons at the bottom and not the top i.e the metallic connectors are at the bottom of the slot for the screen? Thought Omega/Vectra nad Astra all the same.

P

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 05 October 2007, 09:43:59 »

Ident KJ used in Vivaro, Astra-G/Zaffy, and Omega.  Other type of CID used in Omega is Ident CS.  

The Astra runs a different config on the CID to the Omega - this is adjustable with Tech2
Grumpy old man

V8S

• Intermediate Member
  • Dorset
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 05 October 2007, 11:10:45 »

Does anyone have a picture of the CID up and running in an Omega, just so I know what all the fuss is about?

pscocoa

• Omega Baron
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • Volvo V90 D5 AWD
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 05 October 2007, 12:39:44 »

For those not too bored with all this here is an update:

1. Dealer checked electronics system with Tech 2 and confirmed that a fault code needed to be reset which has been done without charge. Running normally again.

2. Interestingly my NCDC 2013 does not have its own code - everything tech2 etc is done with my immobiliser code - even Car Pass does not have radio code.

3. Got parts, service manager and electrician together and confirmed - I have exactly the right part, the Vectra,Omega and Astra have exactly same wiring diagrams on this point.

4. Dealer confident they can now programme unit next week but still concerned at inverted image.

5. One piece of input suggested that the wiring loom from a left hand to a right hand vehicle (the new unit came from a German Astra) may be a contributory factor but we still have to deal with the fact that the buttons connect to the display at the top of the screen in all the cars so no option to put in upside down. Query - does the back of the display unbolt and get turned round which may correct the problem?

If we do this then I invalidate warranty.

6. Price quoted for a new screen at Vauxhall today was £1200 but they may be able to give me 20% discount!!!

7. On a positive note car passed MOT with no problems apart from need to have front /rear wheel alignment checked.  

8. Gamble is now mine on connecting/programming and hoping screen inversion is corrected by correct programming. Doubtful.
« Last Edit: 05 October 2007, 12:47:12 by pscocoa »

edwardmickey

• Milton Keynes
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 05 October 2007, 13:34:41 »

I've just checked my car pass; there is a radio code and immod code; both are the same four digits.

When I fitted my display, I initially screwed the display onto the inside of the dash housing.  Two screws secured it - it was probably possible to secure it upside down.

There are grey and black connectors.  The grey connector should be nearest the passenger door, the black nearest the drivers door.  That is, on a right hand drive car.  That's grey first, black second once it is in place and you are now looking at the CID from the display side.

You're probably more confused than ever now!!! ;D

BigCat

• Battersea
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 05 October 2007, 15:57:20 »

5. One piece of input suggested that the wiring loom from a left hand to a right hand vehicle (the new unit came from a German Astra) may be a contributory factor but we still have to deal with the fact that the buttons connect to the display at the top of the screen in all the cars so no option to put in upside down.
Wiring not an issue, Buttons at top is a good sign.

Query - does the back of the display unbolt and get turned round which may correct the problem?
As I said, possible, but would require a deliberate effort, as it would have to be rewired. (i.e.not likely)

Th LCD itself can be set-up to invert its display, but it requires different voltages on the interface connector which could come about as a result of an electrical fault. Ergo faulty unit.

If you're dealer is willing to give it another go without charging you, try re-programming it, otherwise it's safe to assume it's faulty and send it back.
The first 90% of a job takes 90% of the time, the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

BigCat

• Battersea
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 05 October 2007, 16:03:59 »

There are grey and black connectors.  The grey connector should be nearest the passenger door, the black nearest the drivers door.  That is, on a right hand drive car.  That's grey first, black second once it is in place and you are now looking at the CID from the display side.  
The only thing I can say for certain is that the LARGE connector nearest passenger or LH door, and SMALL connector nearest driver or RH door. Colour can vary from year to year e.g. mine are coloured black and blue, not grey and black.
The first 90% of a job takes 90% of the time, the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 05 October 2007, 19:20:03 »

As said in PM, if its from Astra-G, its got wrong code index. Putting correct on may invert...

Only immob code needed for NCDC series, no seperate radio code.
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 18 queries.