Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: car alarm  (Read 3232 times)

elite3.0v6tourer

• worcestershire
    • View Profile
Re: car alarm
« Reply #15 on: 14 November 2008, 07:38:29 »

I HAVE THE SAME ISSUE....
I have disconnected the bonnet senor, the horn and black box thingy under the scuttel board,had a new battery fitted yesterday and the bloody hazzards were still flashing last night,doing my head in,i cant find the main control unit for the alarm just to turn it off or even a fuse to disarm it,any help please as not able to use as unable to lock even with the key as this sets the alarm too!!!!!!!

unlucky alf

• Omega Baron
  • worksop, notts
  • this is some MOT advisory list!.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 16 November 2008, 19:56:05 »

right, ive just got back from my weekend in sunny brize norton!, i dont think the alarm went off as nobody mentioned it, but ive just got home & parked it up & after an hour its decided to let the neighbours know im back :D, thanks for the idea of the sounder unit Dave & i`ll see if its connected or not & if so disconnect it, out of interest sake how long do the hazzards flash after the horns shut up?

unlucky alf

• Omega Baron
  • worksop, notts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 16 November 2008, 20:27:19 »

just one other thing, have all miggy`s got the separate sounders?, only as mine is an older one, so maybe they were only on the later models. :-/

markfree

« Reply #18 on: 16 November 2008, 21:11:13 »

Posted by: elite3.0v6tourer Posted on: 14. Nov 2008 at 07:38
I HAVE THE SAME ISSUE....

So do I and it's driving me nuts as well but fortunately I can put the car in a locked garage without locking the car (and have a peaceful night sleep).
What happens with mine is the alarm is set off anything up to 20 mins after parking - horns, lights & powersounder all go off - disconnected the bonnet switch but made no difference - what I have noticed is that when I lock the doors and set the alarm the red led on the centre console flashes constantly for 10 secs and according to my handbook there is a system fault.
What I'd like to know - Is the alarm connected to the ecu and can you read the error codes to determine what the problem is?

elite3.0v6tourer

• worcestershire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 17 November 2008, 15:52:45 »

I've got to the point now where i want to find out how to compleatly disarm the fu*ker,but no one seams to want to tell me where all the wires go too ie wires from the indicators,so i can just get rid off,not bothered if it keeps going off as long as i, A.cant hear it and B.cant see it. LOL

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 17 November 2008, 16:53:14 »

Sounds like a faulty power sounder to me. Even if it's not sounding itself, it can send a signal which sets off the main alarm.

Mine did this on and off for about a month about 6 months ago and then never since.

Sounds like the power sounder too. The backup batteries leak, it panics and sets off the main alarm for a while and then the leak gets so bad that it takes out  the signalling line to the main alarm and all is quiet. I would pull it out, though, because there have been one or two instances of fires starting in that area, and the power sounder is only protected by an 80 amp fusible link (and it's fed through a poxy wire). >:(

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 17 November 2008, 16:54:05 »

By the way, a Tech 2 can be used to determine exactly why an alarm has been going off.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

markfree

« Reply #22 on: 18 November 2008, 21:27:35 »

I took the alarm/power sounder out of the car and it's now all quite on the western front - there's a recent post in general help in which the guy says that his went on fire - glad I took mine out now :o
By the way you can lock your car without setting the alarm by closing all doors then open rear o/s door and reach in and close all doors via o/s front door button then close rear o/s door - works on mine anyway - I know this because the red led on centre console doesn't flash - dont leave keys in ignition ;D

unlucky alf

• Omega Baron
  • worksop, notts
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 19 November 2008, 09:12:33 »

mine just keeps getting stranger!, ive gone out this morning to find the sounder with a view to uplugging it, ive lifted up the scuttle plastic & all ive found is a standard car horn!!!, this might explain why ive only got a single tone on the hooter as there is only 1 horn in the front :D, unless of course mine being an older one it doesnt have the piezzo sounder with battery backup, any ideas???? :(

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 19 November 2008, 11:38:56 »

The horn under the scuttle is only used as an alarm sounder. The main horn(s) are under the passenger side inner wing IIRC.

Kevin

unlucky alf

• Omega Baron
  • worksop, notts
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 19 November 2008, 18:41:38 »

cheers kevin,sorry i assumed that the power sounder was built into the battery backup box, anyhow still no box or any 4 pin plug that would suggest one being there in the first place :'(
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 18 queries.