Omega Help Area > Omega General Help

AR-25 "Function" with Y26SE

(1/3) > >>

polilara:
No problems but just asking what's really happening; when driving with cruise normal speed here in Finland which is 80kmh = 50Mph I have fourth gear on and TC locked, engine is running 2000rpm. When starting to climb a hill engine rpm goes to 3400 first for a couple of seconds and then drops suddenly to 2800 and after a hill when back to "flatland" rpm drops again to 2000. If this 3400 is gear No. three why it changes first there. I face this phenomenon specially when towing my 950kg mobile home as usually normal hills are so low that nothing happens, 2.6 V6 is strong enough to go up with fourth gear and TC locked.

Doctor Gollum:
Sounds like it's dropping a gear to pull up the hill.

Normal behaviour if you're towing.  ;)

polilara:

--- Quote from: Doctor Gollum on 15 May 2021, 14:51:21 ---Sounds like it's dropping a gear to pull up the hill.

Normal behaviour if you're towing.  ;)

--- End quote ---

Sure, this is clear but why not just opening the TC lock as it seems to be enough. Third gear is there only some seconds and then back to fourth without TC locked.

Doctor Gollum:
Presumably that's down to how the ecu is programmed.

Also, road speed and engine load play their part in the process.

polilara:
Yes, if I designed the control system I would unlock TC first and shift down afterwards if needed, so step by step...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version