Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: sat nav woe  (Read 2977 times)

raywilb

• Omega Knight
  • york
    • DS DS4
    • View Profile
sat nav woe
« on: 03 January 2022, 22:13:01 »

i travelled down to Hampshire on the early hours of boxing day & although it wasnt my first trip I still need the satnav once i turn off the M3. It was bad weather all the way from Nth Yorks to reaching my destination & first of all the cars navigation packed up then a garmin i have wouldnt work to top it all google maps on my phone wasn,t very good. but in a lot of places the water as i drove through it, the waves i created were above the door windows so the weather i presumed was making sattelite reception to be poor. my cars sat nav is not behaving as it should, it keeps turning itself off & i get the DS logo in its place. it will switch on asking if i want to resume navigation. the cars instruction book has no " Fault check " pages & the dealer wants £99 to do a diagnostic check.  i also have been told to update maps that will take them 3 hrs.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: sat nav woe
« Reply #1 on: 04 January 2022, 00:14:30 »

Is it still under warranty?
Onanists always think outside the box.

raywilb

• Omega Knight
  • york
    • DS DS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04 January 2022, 00:34:53 »

Is it still under warranty?
  i doubt it , its on a 16 plate, less than 28k on the clock,

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04 January 2022, 07:42:13 »

For info, rain and weather has minimal impact on GNSS signals (GPS, Glonass, Baidu, Galileo).

Does the car have a heated screen and/or heat reflective screen screem as this will impact GNSS reception for devices in the car.

When you say the incar nav struggled, was it failing to maintain position or simply could not route the car?

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04 January 2022, 07:46:14 »

Also, have you tried entering your VIN on the website to see if there is a map update available as thye should be user installable

https://www.dsautomobiles.co.uk/services/connected-services/map-updates

raywilb

• Omega Knight
  • york
    • DS DS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04 January 2022, 09:43:20 »

For info, rain and weather has minimal impact on GNSS signals (GPS, Glonass, Baidu, Galileo).

Does the car have a heated screen and/or heat reflective screen screem as this will impact GNSS reception for devices in the car.

When you say the incar nav struggled, was it failing to maintain position or simply could not route the car?
it constantly turned off then after a couple of minutes it came on again showing the DS logo ( as it does on initial start up ) then on to the satnav & asking me if i want to resume navigation - press yes - then continue. Then after a very short time it will go to the DS logo page as if i had just turned the ignition on . and yes it does have heated a screen.  could it just want up dating ??

raywilb

• Omega Knight
  • york
    • DS DS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04 January 2022, 10:00:20 »

Also, have you tried entering your VIN on the website to see if there is a map update available as thye should be user installable

did that too yesterday then again this morning  & got this response . { vehicle not eligble for updates }

raywilb

• Omega Knight
  • york
    • DS DS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04 January 2022, 10:02:50 »

did that too yesterday then again this morning  & got this response . { vehicle not eligble for online updates }
should be 

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 04 January 2022, 11:15:56 »

it constantly turned off then after a couple of minutes it came on again showing the DS logo ( as it does on initial start up ) then on to the satnav & asking me if i want to resume navigation - press yes - then continue. Then after a very short time it will go to the DS logo page as if i had just turned the ignition on . and yes it does have heated a screen.  could it just want up dating ??

That sounds more like a systme software stability issue than a navigation fault (the infotainment re-setting mid drive cycle), check the menus and see if there is a reset option, this will lose your personalisation (stored radio stations, phone pairing etc) but, is always the first thing to try. If this does it fix it then it probably needs a software update and this is where you need to play the 'not fit for purpose' card.

The other devices struggling will most likley be down to the heated screen attenuating the GNSS satellite signals.

« Last Edit: 04 January 2022, 11:19:41 by Marks DTM Calib »

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 04 January 2022, 11:18:39 »

That sounds more like a systme software stability issue than a navigation fault (the infotainment re-setting mid drive cycle).
I'm surprised at this as French cars' electrics are usually very reliable.
Diesel till I die

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 04 January 2022, 11:21:45 »

did that too yesterday then again this morning  & got this response . { vehicle not eligble for online updates }
should be

Ok, so the map updates expire after 3 years, slightly surprised that they do not allow you to either purchase a subscription or download the most recent update that was available to the end of the subscription

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 04 January 2022, 11:22:35 »

That sounds more like a systme software stability issue than a navigation fault (the infotainment re-setting mid drive cycle).
I'm surprised at this as French cars' electrics are usually very reliable.

You can just imagine how good the 'French' sourced software is when they struggle to get the basics of connecting two points together with a piece of copper wire  :y

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 04 January 2022, 11:34:40 »

Looks like a known issue on cars running early firmware:

https://www.ds4ownersclub.co.uk/threads/2016-ds4-info-satnav-screen-restart.3419/

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 04 January 2022, 11:35:40 »

I swore I would never complain about French electrics again after owning my Alfa 166. Jesus, that was a laugh a minute  ;D
Diesel till I die
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 19 queries.