Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dashboard gauges  (Read 1208 times)

fudgee

• Intermediate Member
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
Dashboard gauges
« on: 20 March 2022, 07:15:29 »

Hi guys I need your help once again please.
The left hand side of my instrument cluster was not lighting up due to blown bulbs.
I replaced all 4 bulbs and reattached the plug, however when I switched the lights on to check all was fine before reassembling everything the situation was the exact same  :-\....the left hand side was still dark.
I checked all 4 of the new bulbs which were fine and once again reattached the plug.
This time though when I switched the lights on, all of the instument panel was dark and also all 4 of the gauges have stopped working.
The trip computer and stereo both still illuminate and work.
I still have interior lights including inside the glove box.
My omega is a 2003 2.2 cd auto.
Any help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance  :y

cam.in.head

• Omega Knight
  • West yorkshire
    • omega cdx 2.6 auto
    • View Profile
Re: Dashboard gauges
« Reply #1 on: 20 March 2022, 09:01:21 »

this sounds like a connection issue between the fixed dashboard plug and the socket on the back of the cluster. just done mine yesterday.the fact that it changed twice just by having it out and back in seems to confirm this.
its worth giving the cluster connections a gentle clean with very fine sandpaper (finer the better )and making sure it pushes fully into place when fitting it back into the car.

fudgee

• Intermediate Member
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20 March 2022, 09:22:55 »

this sounds like a connection issue between the fixed dashboard plug and the socket on the back of the cluster. just done mine yesterday.the fact that it changed twice just by having it out and back in seems to confirm this.
its worth giving the cluster connections a gentle clean with very fine sandpaper (finer the better )and making sure it pushes fully into place when fitting it back into the car.

Thanks pal I'll try that later when I finish work.
If it is a connection issue with the plug do you think that could explain the fact that even though I put 4 new bulbs in the display was still only partially illuminated in the exact same way as when the old bulbs were in?
Or could it be possibly a failing light switch?
Thanks again

cam.in.head

• Omega Knight
  • West yorkshire
    • omega cdx 2.6 auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20 March 2022, 16:23:27 »

it wont be the light switch .it only sends power to the cluster not in 2 halves so it sounds like a connection issue to me. especially if the problems have got worse by simply removing and refitting it .
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 18 queries.