Omega Help Area > Omega General Help

Recommended brand for X30XE head gasket set

(1/2) > >>

Derek_in_Penzance:
Hello guys,

What brand(s) of head gasket set are recommended for an X30XE head job? I know that Victor Reinz are one of the best, and I believe original equipment, but what thoughts does anybody have about Payen, Ajusa, Glaser etc? What is recommended and what is best avoided?
I'm sure this must have been discussed in past threads but I can't find any.

Many thanks for any advice. 

Nick W:
I used Elring on mine. They were still good when I sold the cars several years later.

I would have no problems with Payen or Reinz, although I tend not to worry about brands.

So why did I choose the Elring head set? Easy, it was £12.50 off Ebay :y

Don't forget to buy a new set of head bolts.

biggriffin:

--- Quote from: Nick W on 05 May 2022, 12:55:42 ---I used Elring on mine. They were still good when I sold the cars several years later.

I would have no problems with Payen or Reinz, although I tend not to worry about brands.

So why did I choose the Elring head set? Easy, it was £12.50 off Ebay :y

Don't forget to buy a new set of head bolts.

--- End quote ---

I just reused the old ones.

Derek_in_Penzance:
Thanks for the advice. I think with alloy heads new head bolts are a must. I have reused old ones on my own cars with no issues that I'm aware of but it's a bit risky.

456lbft:

--- Quote from: Derek_in_Penzance on 07 May 2022, 13:17:05 ---Thanks for the advice. I think with alloy heads new head bolts are a must. I have reused old ones on my own cars with no issues that I'm aware of but it's a bit risky.

--- End quote ---
I believe if they are stretch bolts, which are usually torque + angle set, they should be replaced with new ones.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version