Omega Help Area > Omega General Help

Y26SE Leaking Cooling Liquid below Left Head...

(1/2) > >>

polilara:
So, 2001 Omega 2.6 V6, when pressurizing cooling system very much cooling liquid is pouring from left where the large hose is going from radiator. This hose is tightened to metal "pipe" below left cylinder head or in head or somewhere there. I believe that the joint between this big hose and pipe is OK but the metal pipe connection between it and engine is leaking. Difficult to see there. What kind of metal part is there and can I remove the metal pipe somehow. Did not find any pics here, please help.

Doctor Gollum:
Thermostat replacement guide...

This is a classic 'What happens if you leave out the Bastard bolt or the engine lift point?'

Accurate diagnosis will require stripping it down.

polilara:
Thanks, now I remeber the construction. I replaced thermostat and this pipe 10 years ago. Bastard bolt is there where it should be, pipe and o-rung was renewed as well. So it have to be the hose whic is leaking... I check once again.

polilara:
Seems I forgot to tighten that hose 10 years ago. After tightening no leakage even in 16psi.

JamesV6CDX:

--- Quote from: polilara on 21 March 2023, 18:56:34 ---Seems I forgot to tighten that hose 10 years ago. After tightening no leakage even in 16psi.

--- End quote ---

:y

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version