Chat Area > General Car Chat

steering box mounting problem

(1/3) > >>

u_bo:
if someone has dismounting/mounting Omega steering box, Please help me with this :
the red colored item on this picture was "surplus" after my old leaking steering box was replaced with 'new' one :)

? Where this item must be mounted?
What it's function is?

feeutfo:
Interesting.

Not a common problem on the Omega, so not many will know.

However 2woody, MarksDTMcalib, and Matchless have swapped a steering box out, so may be worth a pm to any of those...?

Personally I nave way more questions than answers. Sorry.

2woody:
it's a spacer - goes between the inner wing and the steering box UNDER THE TOP BOLT. ( i.e. under no. 18 )

u_bo:
thanks a lot !!!
I mounted it there :)

I have another question:
- the new steering box came with another model of the rubber pad, my old was with 21 , and the 'new' is with 23.
here comes the problem --> the car is with X25DT and this different pad let's more noise inside. 

on first look it is impossible to put the 'old' more 'noice killing' pad into the 'new' box, because there is a ring on the shaft connected to the steering rod.

Does someone managed to fit the '23' model pad to the different steering box?

2woody:
the pad should match the steering box - all of the holes in the bulkhead are the same.

if you're having trouble with noise, check that the pad is correctly inserted into the hole, from memory, it has a lip which needs to engage with the edge of the hole.

one of them ( I think its the later one ) needs item 22 as well to seal properly

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version