Chat Area > General Car Chat

So what have you done to your car today?

<< < (4806/5256) > >>

Migv6 le Frog Fan:

--- Quote from: Field Marshal Dr. Opti on 03 July 2022, 14:33:09 ---
--- Quote from: Migv6 le Frog Fan on 03 July 2022, 14:25:58 ---Managed to find a bit of time to go out and have a play with Pierrre.....................and Ive found the problem.  :)

--- End quote ---

On a sunny day like this you should be hooning about in the BOXSTER  letting the wind blow through where your hair used to be. ::) ::)

--- End quote ---

;D That was the plan, but it failed the MOT on Thursday because the handbrake apparently doesnt work on one side.
New cable and shoes should arrive tomorrow.

Problem with Pierre is the camshaft pulley woodruff key is bust. Could still have a bent valve or two, but I wont know until I put it all back together.

TheBoy:

--- Quote from: Migv6 le Frog Fan on 03 July 2022, 14:54:03 ---
--- Quote from: Field Marshal Dr. Opti on 03 July 2022, 14:33:09 ---
--- Quote from: Migv6 le Frog Fan on 03 July 2022, 14:25:58 ---Managed to find a bit of time to go out and have a play with Pierrre.....................and Ive found the problem.  :)

--- End quote ---

On a sunny day like this you should be hooning about in the BOXSTER  letting the wind blow through where your hair used to be. ::) ::)

--- End quote ---

;D That was the plan, but it failed the MOT on Thursday because the handbrake apparently doesnt work on one side.
New cable and shoes should arrive tomorrow.

Problem with Pierre is the camshaft pulley woodruff key is bust. Could still have a bent valve or two, but I wont know until I put it all back together.

--- End quote ---
Fingers crossed :y

TheBoy:
Spent the day driving around the countryside looking at some right old dogs.  1st one had no documentation at all, and possibly a gearbox fault (but was the updated version of the M32).  Drove fine, apart from the 6th gear thing, and was reasonably clean for its age/mileage.

2nd was a premium priced one, which she would have stretched to if it was in reasonable condition, but was a wreck that only just started, EML on, and a major oil leak.

3rd was another premium priced example, bodywork pretty tidy, but is dreadful condition underneath, despite the engine trying to spread enough oil under it to prevent corrosion.

Keith ABS:
 Had a leasurly drive up the A140 to wings and wheels show at Norwich Aviation Museum
Lots to look at there for those with more than a passing interest in planes
Even slower drive back due to the sunday drivers being awake and on the roads

Migv6 le Frog Fan:
I too have been looking around for replacements for Pierre.
I have concluded I had better get him up and running if at all reasonably possible.
The prices people are asking for utter piles of shite are beyond taking the piss.  ::)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version