Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Wanted: Bonnet Release Cable + Facelift Grill  (Read 2591 times)

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Wanted: Bonnet Release Cable + Facelift Grill
« Reply #15 on: 02 July 2012, 12:01:20 »

Just a small pressed on steel ball, on the Facelifts, after you get the bonnet up, you dont have to remove any screws around the catch area, just unclip it, turn it 90 degrees to itself and the whole spring lifts out.

Ive actually made a tool for the bonnet pop, cooper tube on a M10 bolt, pops the bonnet underneath with a ratchet if you want to borrow it, normally in London 2 or 3 times a week, Tunnie.

Chris.
I'm toying with making something to avoid smashing grill should something similar happen to me :y

Do able on the PFL, did it on my old TD without destroying the grill, using a bar and long screwdriver (cant vouch for the PFL V6 though), not really an option on the FL due to bumper design, unless you could work a way of removing the bumper with the bonnet shut, even then I feel there's too much stuff in the way from under the car.

The Tool I knocked up will assist popping the bonnet normally within 30 seconds with some practice but you still need to go through the Grill space for access and pull away the Air Intake.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
Re: Wanted: Bonnet Release Cable + Facelift Grill
« Reply #16 on: 02 July 2012, 16:49:12 »

Both parts now sourced, thanks to everyone who responded  :y
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 18 queries.