Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Couple of niggling fault codes on the Barge... C1022/C1022-0019  (Read 5899 times)

STEMO

Any chance you could tell us un-initiated what the "BattleBus" is? I've searched for Battle Bus in previous posts and can't decide if its an Omega, Astra G or Zafira.

I got reams and reams of info when trying to track down the circuit diagrams for a facelift Omega. If you could tell me the car model, year, engine and gearbox then I might be able to locate some information. I've looked through all the likely Omega B stuff and cant find any reference to C1022.
The battle bus is Jaime's zafira Mk1, but I see no mention of it in this thread  :-\

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile

I have access to the factory information for the Barge, including chassis number specific database for parts and wiring etc.

You won't find any information relating to these codes on the Omega  ;D
Onanists always think outside the box.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile

Any idea which derivative of Bosch ABS?

In simple terms, to add ESP to a four channel ABS system you need a hydraulic fluid pressure sensor (the bit that goes tits up the Teves 60 system, well the bond wire to it breaks) and a yaw sensor. Usually if speedo is working, ABS Ok, wheel speed sensors all reporting reasonable speeds when moving, then its one of these two (or a software fault, Bosch are not one of the best for that but, it has worked thus far so less likely)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile

I'll have a rummage and see if I can get a picture of the plate on it :y

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile

Any idea which derivative of Bosch ABS?

In simple terms, to add ESP to a four channel ABS system you need a hydraulic fluid pressure sensor (the bit that goes tits up the Teves 60 system, well the bond wire to it breaks) and a yaw sensor. Usually if speedo is working, ABS Ok, wheel speed sensors all reporting reasonable speeds when moving, then its one of these two (or a software fault, Bosch are not one of the best for that but, it has worked thus far so less likely)
Pics...
https://photos.app.goo.gl/TCeXgSiUfZ7XAyAt6

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile

Looks like a 5.x series, basically the same as the Omega with ESP (does this merc have the dreaded brake by wire, guessing not as I think that was later)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile

No thank goodness, that was '03+. It does have Brake Assist and Pre Safe, but the brake system is a traditional vacuum servo master set up :y

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile

My iCarsoft only connects to the ESP ecu, and not the ABS pump for diagnostic purposes, although it does offer the facility to run the ABS to bleed it.

I haven't tried my laptop based since I swapped out the various parts to get it running. Might do that this evening.

I should add, the car has had an ESP warning since I bought it, and the Cruise has never worked, so may be that it's a preexisting condition caused by voltage issues... Low Voltage warning being a big red flag when I first got it... The original battery was flatter than a hedgehog on the M1 in rush hour. (haven't seen this warning since getting it running again).

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile

OK, had another look with my laptop based gubbins.

Loads of codes, mostly historical or irrelevant (softclose codes on all four doors for example).

As far as the ESP/drive train etc goes, only C1022 left. Live data showed a consistent value for all four wheels, and a value for Yaw and steering angle, although it kept dropping the connection to the module... Behaviour is the same regardless of which ESP module is fitted, suggesting again that it's either a wiring issue or a fault within the ABS unit, although the codes, or lack thereof, implies that the ABS unit is sound :-\

Also some pointers re resistance values, which begs a couple of other questions...

Does the ignition need to be on to test the resistance? Also, if I temporarily connect the ESP canbus plug to the engine one, could this cause damage?
« Last Edit: 19 May 2020, 19:58:16 by Doctor Gollum »

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile

Resistance (or continuity test in the case of CAN and a DC measurement) would be ignition off, there is nothing clever as its just two twisted wires for mid/high speed CAN, you should be able to see a 120 ohm resistance across the CAN cable (the furthest device should be the CAN termination.

As for moving it to another bus, that's very dependent on the bus and the speed of the device (as there is low, mid and high speed variants), it might be better to connect direct to the module (might need a 120 ohm resistor)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile

Thanks Mark  :y

The CAN connection to the ESP ecu is a single plug with two  wires... H and L. The CAN wires on the engine ecu are in one of the multiplugs but accessible enough for testing purposes  ;)

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile

Thanks Mark  :y

The CAN connection to the ESP ecu is a single plug with two  wires... H and L. The CAN wires on the engine ecu are in one of the multiplugs but accessible enough for testing purposes  ;)

Yes, that tells you its either Mid or High speed CAN (low is a single wire, usually for noddy things like TPMS etc)

Thankfully this is well before FlexRay and DOIP (yes Ethernet on a car)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile

OK, that potentially compounds things slightly.

The twisted pair correspond to the H and L CAN wires identified both physically and on the diagrams.

There is a third wire, identified as a common diagnostic line. I say common because it also runs to a node (although if this was the issue, then the codes would be different. :-\

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile

Does the single wire go to a remote sensor (maybe yaw), could be Can Low or Lin

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile

Single wire is diagnostic socket only.

CAN H and L are the only CAN wiring on the ESP module and are on the engine CAN system.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 22 queries.