Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Omega 2.6 estate 2002 rear vented disc brake pad kit part number needed  (Read 5756 times)

05omegav6

I gave up with the local factors and went to V/X and got 4 pins & 2 springs on order. I work there occasionally as part-time driver and got staff discount.... still nearly £ 38 !!!

The cost is putting me off. Way too expensive for what it is for. I still can't believe that none of the other brands can't get the pin lengths and spring clips right for the vented rear discs.  :o
Well, you could ignore the advice, spend £8-12 quid a pop on the pattern ones first only to find you need to buy genuine ones anyway which will end up costing you £100 instead of £45... ::)

As a song once said... It ain't right, it ain't fair...

Or to put it another way, when your pads jam on the wrong size springs or the pins and pads fall out and you crash and die, or worse... don't come crying ;)
« Last Edit: 30 May 2015, 13:38:40 by Taxi Al »

Andy A

• Omega Knight
  • Bristol UK
    • Omega 2.2i CD manual 2003
    • View Profile

I gave up with the local factors and went to V/X and got 4 pins & 2 springs on order. I work there occasionally as part-time driver and got staff discount.... still nearly £ 38 !!!

The cost is putting me off. Way too expensive for what it is for. I still can't believe that none of the other brands can't get the pin lengths and spring clips right for the vented rear discs.  :o
Well, you could ignore the advice, spend £8-12 quid a pop on the pattern ones first only to find you need to buy genuine ones anyway which will end up costing you £100 instead of £45... ::)

As a song once said... It ain't right, it ain't fair...

Or to put it another way, when your pads jam on the wrong size springs or the pins and pads fall out and you crash and die, or worse... don't come crying ;)

Point taken Al. Common sense prevails.  :y
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 21 queries.