Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Stunning Vectra with 3.2 Omega Engine  (Read 2462 times)

Martin_1962

Re: Stunning Vectra with 3.2 Omega Engine
« Reply #15 on: 30 January 2007, 21:11:53 »

Vectra C is hideously ugly though, at least some Vec Bs are decent looking although generally only the 4-door variants I'm not too keen on the wagons nor the hatched versions. I loved clarkson's comment when test driving the Vectra C SRi -- "I don't know why they fit a steering wheel to this thing, it doesn't do anything" as it understeers like crazy round every bend ;D

Personally if I were looking for a FWD repmobile class car it'd be the Mondeo every time, better looking, better handling and according to all the reports more reliable too. Quite why anyone buys the Vectra C is beyond me (maybe savage depreciation helps), there are loads of better cars in that class.

I wouldn't be looking in that class!

Paul M

• Omega Knight
  • Edinburgh
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 30 January 2007, 22:46:00 »

I'm not so much talking about ride, it may be perfectly fine in that respect. But as far as handling goes I'd say the Mondeo is far more competent. Neither are a match for a 3-series in driver enjoyment (obviously RWD is a big plus and it's better balanced with nicer steering) but taking into account the price difference and image problem of the 3 series maybe they're not really the same market. Saying that I'm amazed at the number of times I notice Vectra Cs being driven by utter retards on the motorways these days, they seem to have more cases of indicator failure than the 318i now! I certainly don't remember the old Vectra being so noticably badly driven :o

Personally I think they're horrid cars, my bro in law a brand new one (SRi, not sure what engine) and it's really not the least bit impressive. Much better cars out there for the money in every respect IMO.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 31 January 2007, 08:50:38 »

LOL, yes indicators are optional on any remobile, inc Vectra/Mondeo/3 series. Obviously too complicated for the junior double glazing reps to indicate.  >:(
Grumpy old man

chaz

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 03 February 2007, 17:32:34 »

sleeper alert :P
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 18 queries.