Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Jaime/Mark/Tunnie  (Read 4278 times)

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
Jaime/Mark/Tunnie
« on: 03 February 2007, 19:42:28 »

How did you get on with the springs?

Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Jaime/Mark/Tunnie
« Reply #1 on: 03 February 2007, 19:46:57 »

Springs were fitted fine.

it was interesting to see some dipstick had replaced 1 rear spring at some point in the past as there was 1  :-Xed spring and one very good KYB one on there...

I imagine the handling was much improved. :)

Anyone want 1 part used rear KYB spring??  ;)
The Administrator.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03 February 2007, 19:51:01 »

Spooky, just going to post about the days activities, just got in.

Springs sorted by the terrible twins, M_DTM and Matchless. A how2 to follow soon I suspect.  Top job, rear end is much more stable.  Vac tank problem also fixed.  Laidback66 turned up and promptly covered himself in petrol ;D and Ronnie McB also made an appearance :y

Went for a spin in LB66's manual MV6 with M_DTM at the wheel. He wanted to test how little traction it had at the back, and how quickly it would stop...  :-X

Much less successfult on your seats, barstard seller  >:(

Finished the day up by doing an oil change on Tunnie's Senny, and doing oil, g/box software and cruise update on his dads 2.2
Grumpy old man

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03 February 2007, 19:53:07 »

Spooky, just going to post about the days activities, just got in.

Springs sorted by the terrible twins, M_DTM and Matchless. A how2 to follow soon I suspect.  Top job, rear end is much more stable.  Vac tank problem also fixed.  Laidback66 turned up and promptly covered himself in petrol ;D and Ronnie McB also made an appearance :y

Went for a spin in LB66's manual MV6 with M_DTM at the wheel. He wanted to test how little traction it had at the back, and how quickly it would stop...  :-X

Much less successfult on your seats, barstard seller  >:(

Finished the day up by doing an oil change on Tunnie's Senny, and doing oil, g/box software and cruise update on his dads 2.2

Excellent... sounds like you've had a really productive day!!

What's the guys problem with the seats, can't get hold of him?
« Last Edit: 03 February 2007, 19:53:48 by JamesV6CDX »

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03 February 2007, 19:54:31 »

I imagine the handling was much improved. :)
Yes, the car is more solid on both high speed sweepers, and round roundabouts etc.  Incredibly stable at very high speeds as well, noticibly more so than the trip up this morning...  ...though couldn't do too much high speed stuff due to Tunnies crap tyres...
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03 February 2007, 19:55:30 »

Tunnie will explain as I don't know the ins and outs - but basically seats 'not yet ready' to collect  >:(
Grumpy old man

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03 February 2007, 19:57:21 »

Tunnie will explain as I don't know the ins and outs - but basically seats 'not yet ready' to collect  >:(

Over a week after I won the auction too :(

Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03 February 2007, 19:59:41 »

Yes... my eye is still a little sore!  >:(

Did fuel filter change on Tunnies Senator fine (any improvement Tunnie?)....

Come to do it on the MV6 and pipe came straight off and sprayed petrol all over my face and straight in my eye!  :'(

Became a bit of a social outcast afterwards as I was a little "whiffy"  :-[

Many thanks must go to Jaime for doing a tech II check and spotting my crank sensor was logging a code (no EML on).

Saved me a scary/inconvenient breakdown and I changed it this evening.

James: I think the problem with the seats is the seller is a lazy/clueless  :-X who has not got them out the car yet!  ::)
« Last Edit: 03 February 2007, 20:01:38 by admin »
The Administrator.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 03 February 2007, 20:01:14 »

Over a week after I won the auction too :(
We were all up for removing them from car (there was enough of us), but some reason why we couldn't...
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 03 February 2007, 20:02:31 »

my crank sensor was logging a code (no EML on).

Saved me a scary/inconvenient breakdown and I changed it this evening.
I take it you have photos and a how2 is being written as we speak ;)
Grumpy old man

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 03 February 2007, 20:02:36 »

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR  >:(

Do very much appreciate it guys, shame he was awkward.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 03 February 2007, 20:10:22 »

evening chaps, well what a day!

Sorry James, never got a chance to ring you really. - The seats, well rang the seller before we left in the morning, no joy  :(

Whist the guru's where on the springs i called him again. I told him I was going to pick some seats up for James, oh yes he said you coming tomorrow? I said we were already in Nottingham due to a change in plans, oh he said, well the seats are still in the car and I am not in Nottingham!  >:( - Had ages to take them out and they are still in the bloody car!  >:( >:( >:(

Ahh well, was a productive day. Saw MarkDTM and Matchless make short work of replacing the springs.

LB66 gave me a few spares in return I gave a V6 inlet i had kicking around, he then changed my fuel filter on the Senator. Many thanks for doing that m8, its really made a noticeable difference pick up is a lil quicker and a lot smoother!

However keeping up with Jaime is hard work, used 7 gallons of fuel in 155 miles  :'( - Fun miles though... its neck and neck between the MV6 Omega and Senator...although he was edging ahead before a BMW got in the way.

I think with a little more TLC is should be able to beat him  ;) :D

Also had nice spot of lunch (Cheers Mark  :y) - Pass my thanks on to MrsDTM as well!

Also manged to nick the good spring from Jaimes MV6, Matchless said he has another one like it so it looks like I might be going back there in a couple of weeks to get my springs sorted! - Really appreciate that offer guys  :y

Nice blast back Brackley, new oil filter did wonders for the MPG...got home and got busy on the Senator and my Dads 2.2.

So all in all very productive day, just shame about the bastard eBay seller about the seats.

James - Be ok if I collect them in 2 weeks time? - Sell better bloody have them out by then! >:(

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 03 February 2007, 20:14:22 »

evening chaps, well what a day!

Sorry James, never got a chance to ring you really. - The seats, well rang the seller before we left in the morning, no joy  :(

Whist the guru's where on the springs i called him again. I told him I was going to pick some seats up for James, oh yes he said you coming tomorrow? I said we were already in Nottingham due to a change in plans, oh he said, well the seats are still in the car and I am not in Nottingham!  >:( - Had ages to take them out and they are still in the bloody car!  >:( >:( >:(

Ahh well, was a productive day. Saw MarkDTM and Matchless make short work of replacing the springs.

LB66 gave me a few spares in return I gave a V6 inlet i had kicking around, he then changed my fuel filter on the Senator. Many thanks for doing that m8, its really made a noticeable difference pick up is a lil quicker and a lot smoother!

However keeping up with Jaime is hard work, used 7 gallons of fuel in 155 miles  :'( - Fun miles though... its neck and neck between the MV6 Omega and Senator...although he was edging ahead before a BMW got in the way.

I think with a little more TLC is should be able to beat him  ;) :D

Also had nice spot of lunch (Cheers Mark  :y) - Pass my thanks on to MrsDTM as well!

Also manged to nick the good spring from Jaimes MV6, Matchless said he has another one like it so it looks like I might be going back there in a couple of weeks to get my springs sorted! - Really appreciate that offer guys  :y

Nice blast back Brackley, new oil filter did wonders for the MPG...got home and got busy on the Senator and my Dads 2.2.

So all in all very productive day, just shame about the bastard eBay seller about the seats.

James - Be ok if I collect them in 2 weeks time? - Sell better bloody have them out by then! >:(

Absolutely fine Tunnie, not a problemo. Sorry he messed you about :(

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 03 February 2007, 20:17:59 »

No problem James, I had a great day meet loads of people from forum...and got an offer to help me replace the Senny springs, so it was far from a wasted trip.

I personally had a really enjoyable day, its just a shame did'nt actually manage to collect the seats

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 03 February 2007, 20:28:31 »

Yes, the tlc that senny has had already has made a huge difference - it was flat when you first got it when I drove it back from Ardley.  That neck and neck bit down the A46 this morning showed how little there was between them full throttle at  :-Xmph - it truely was neck and neck, I may have been just inching ahead, and had that BMW not got in my way (proved my brakes work though), I am confident the MV6 would have been quicker.
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 21 queries.