Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 6/7 seater  (Read 424 times)

OOMV6

6/7 seater
« on: 22 January 2013, 06:41:15 »

Re: this thread http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=103255.msg1292450#msg1292450

Stay away from the Peugeot 807, 2004/5 model anyway

PhilRich

• Omega Queen
  • A bit further North of the Back of Beyond!
    • Mk 2 Volvo V70
    • View Profile
Re: 6/7 seater
« Reply #1 on: 22 January 2013, 09:59:04 »

Oh dear! I take it you got your fingers burnt then ???  :(
If it ain't broke keep fixing it 'til it is!

OOMV6

Re: 6/7 seater
« Reply #2 on: 23 January 2013, 11:42:42 »

I know, I was warned about French cars, but to date, I have only had good experiences with them. This one has been trouble.

The trouble started when the engine management light kept coming on and cutting the power from the turbo. It has been back 4 times, and they've checked, changed this and that, tested, but cannot isolate the problem.
The guy has said that the electronics (especially in these cars) can cause the problem. Basically the electronics detect an unusually high gas levels (clogging up of cat, ultimately) and send it into limp mode. This clears itself after the car has stood for a while - sometimes light goes out, sometimes not, but power does return.

The seller has said you need we need to drive it a little harder to avoid build up in the cat. Ok, it does only do the school run generally (25km each way twice a day) but you should be able to potter along in 5th at 2000 rpm without worries. My good lady does not drive like a grandma - doesn't wellie it either - but no other car driven like this causes this problem, so I ain't buying that excuse. And I certainly ain't burning more fuel just the car wants to be driven harder.

On top of that:

- Airbag light for passenger airbag came on – has gone off again since.
- On one occasion, the seat belt buzzer started whilst driving. The driver had their seatbelt on and there was nobody else in the car – and no weight on the passenger seat.
- The right front indicator works randomly. Sometimes it flashes, sometimes, it does not.
- Rear washer. The pump is working and the waster is flowing – just not onto the rear window. Don’t know where the water is going.
- The car has a healthy appetite for headlamp bulbs. I have changed 3 in the time we have had the car.
- Even after having the glow plug relay changed, it still is a struggle to start in the mornings. It never starts first time, even after several turns of the engine

Furthermore, I have always had my suspicions about the power delivery from the turbo. Instead of sounding like a continuous whistle, it is sounding more like a police siren.

So, the seller is looking for another car for us. His service has been good, taking the car back in, and now getting us a replacement, although he is taking his time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 18 queries.