Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Something for the weekend ?  (Read 1752 times)

jules

• Intermediate Member
  • Edinburgh
  • Woke up this morning a post whore
    • View Profile
Something for the weekend ?
« on: 16 May 2008, 10:24:27 »

I'm bored so here's a picture that really cheers me up !

;D

Stuff the Quattro, this would meet it coming back !

Hotel21 wrote 'Its doubtfull in the extreme if it is the head gasket at fault.  If it were burning 5 litres per week the car would leave a smokescreen behind it!'

ScottieMV6

• Omega Knight
  • Swinton, Manchester
    • View Profile
Re: Something for the weekend ?
« Reply #1 on: 16 May 2008, 10:27:09 »

I used to own a 200sx. Fantastic car and very quick!

Sometimes wish I had never sold it now! :'(
I'd rather be scared to death than bored to death!!

JiMbOb789

• Omega Knight
  • Timaru, New Zealand
    • x4 Omegas
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16 May 2008, 11:03:14 »

very nice, im a big fan of them cars, nearly bought one but bought a ford probe instead.
do you drift in it?
Like this:

:o :y
« Last Edit: 16 May 2008, 11:06:59 by jimbob789 »
2001 Omega MV6 Sedan, 2003 Omega 3.2 Manual Estate Ex Plod, 1998 Omega CD Sedan, 2002 Omega MV6 Estate

jules

• Intermediate Member
  • Edinburgh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16 May 2008, 11:08:26 »

I tried a couple of times, but 25 years of driving hard and fast and loose made it very difficult for me to push the car to the point of being 'almost out of control' which is in essence, drifting. :(

Hotel21 wrote 'Its doubtfull in the extreme if it is the head gasket at fault.  If it were burning 5 litres per week the car would leave a smokescreen behind it!'

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 16 May 2008, 11:19:11 »

At least they are better than the 300's which from my experience are mega unreliable pieces of....

JiMbOb789

• Omega Knight
  • Timaru, New Zealand
    • x4 Omegas
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 16 May 2008, 11:26:43 »

At least they are better than the 300's which from my experience are mega unreliable pieces of....

my brother in law has 2 and has endless amount of problems, especially with the clutch and leaks in the petrol tank causing petrol over the tire which caused him to skid out on the motorway :-/
2001 Omega MV6 Sedan, 2003 Omega 3.2 Manual Estate Ex Plod, 1998 Omega CD Sedan, 2002 Omega MV6 Estate

jules

• Intermediate Member
  • Edinburgh
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 16 May 2008, 11:28:46 »

Mines 17 years old, failed it's mot last year on Emissions (10 month old petrol) and it's putting down circa 180 bhp at the rear wheels.

I have broken down twice in 5 years of ownership, once the main ignition fuse let go, and the other was a blowout with no spare onboard.

The look on Mr 30K+ BMW's face as I surge past him is of amazement, the look on his face behind me when he realises he has no chance of catching me I would imagine to be priceless  8-)

JiMbOb789

• Omega Knight
  • Timaru, New Zealand
    • x4 Omegas
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 16 May 2008, 11:32:25 »

Mines 17 years old, failed it's mot last year on Emissions (10 month old petrol) and it's putting down circa 180 bhp at the rear wheels.

I have broken down twice in 5 years of ownership, once the main ignition fuse let go, and the other was a blowout with no spare onboard.

The look on Mr 30K+ BMW's face as I surge past him is of amazement, the look on his face behind me when he realises he has no chance of catching me I would imagine to be priceless  8-)
[/highlight]

;D 8-) ;D 8-)

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 16 May 2008, 11:37:18 »

my brother in law has 2 and has endless amount of problems, especially with the clutch and leaks in the petrol tank causing petrol over the tire which caused him to skid out on the motorway :-/

A good friend bought one to replace his Supra Turbo.....got fed up of working on the dam thing.

Ended up changing all 4 wheel bearings, most of the suspension bushes (some twice), a turbo, never fixed all the knocks an rattles....

JiMbOb789

• Omega Knight
  • Timaru, New Zealand
    • x4 Omegas
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 16 May 2008, 11:38:41 »

A good friend bought one to replace his Supra Turbo.....got fed up of working on the dam thing.

Ended up changing all 4 wheel bearings, most of the suspension bushes (some twice), a turbo, never fixed all the knocks an rattles....

:-/ :-/ :-/ :-/

Jay w

• Omega Baron
  • Plymouth/Poole
  • omega gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 16 May 2008, 11:47:29 »

i cant see the pic.....works firewall grrrrr

I have had a 200SX and yes they are a quick car as well as being quite pretty (the series one cars were)

However the quattro is a different car designed and implemented in a different era, a URQuattro with the 20v engine was a monster of a car that made a fantastic noise, went very well considering the engine is slung over/ahead of the front axle and in its own right has become a rallying icon
I had a N/A quattro with the 5 cyl engine, what a car!!!!! if both of them were there for the taking today, i would take the Quattro, its more of a Q car

106rallye

• Glasgow
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 16 May 2008, 12:48:11 »

i was gonna buy a 200sx but in the end went for the MV6. they are good cars but they rust worse than a vauxhall (uk ones anyway) and are really common at trackdays, so i went for a MV6.

Has yours got anyfancy bits?
sideways is the way forward!

jules

• Intermediate Member
  • Edinburgh
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 16 May 2008, 13:14:46 »

It has a few  ;D

Started with a stainless induction kit, a vent to atmos blow-off valve and a stainless steel turbo back 2&1/2 inch exhaust with twin 3 inch tail pipes.
Then chipped to remove rev limit and 'fuel cut' and a more aggressive map. (ready for 15psi on turbo but only on stock 10)
Then cosmetics, triple pillar guage pod with boost and oil pressure and temp. Momo steering wheel
Full multimedia (Panasonic) 7inch widescreen dvd nav etc.
Leather interior, respray, lowered 35mm
Finally fully synthetic racing oil good for up to 150 degrees and Tesco high octane juice.

It was rolling roaded a couple of years ago on a very hot day and before the chip at 166BHP at the wheels.

The power to weight ratio would blow an MV6 away and it's an absolute hoot to drive.

8-) :P

ScottieMV6

• Omega Knight
  • Swinton, Manchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 16 May 2008, 13:52:47 »

I had that feeling when I had my MIni Turbo that was putting out 125BHP and would easily do 130 MPH.

The faces of BMW drivers as you flash them out of the way on the motorway were priceless!! ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: 16 May 2008, 13:54:58 by scottie7275 »
I'd rather be scared to death than bored to death!!

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 16 May 2008, 14:24:50 »

i cant see the pic.....works firewall grrrrr

I have had a 200SX and yes they are a quick car as well as being quite pretty (the series one cars were)

However the quattro is a different car designed and implemented in a different era, a URQuattro with the 20v engine was a monster of a car that made a fantastic noise, went very well considering the engine is slung over/ahead of the front axle and in its own right has become a rallying icon
I had a N/A quattro with the 5 cyl engine, what a car!!!!! if both of them were there for the taking today, i would take the Quattro, its more of a Q car
Think I would too ;)
Retired
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 21 queries.