Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: LPG fiddling  (Read 1589 times)

HolyCount

Re: LPG fiddling
« Reply #15 on: 17 April 2008, 19:52:55 »

Might be an option later -- would like to do it -- but know zilch about conversions and local shop want £1400 just for front end !!!!

Martin_1962

« Reply #16 on: 17 April 2008, 20:07:57 »

Might be an option later -- would like to do it -- but know zilch about conversions and local shop want £1400 just for front end !!!!

Easier to DIY

Jay w

• Omega Baron
  • Plymouth/Poole
  • omega gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 17 April 2008, 20:18:21 »

Count, it is not that hard to do......

If everything goes to pan then i will be doing the CDX soon, what i intend on doing is trying to put together something with a few pics on install and fitting......

A front end kit is easy, i would have said a day and a half at the most, for me the most difficult bit was the blood pipe work and tank

HolyCount

« Reply #18 on: 17 April 2008, 21:05:25 »

Easier to DIY

Dam sight cheaper too -- that price was before the dreaded VAT!

Jay -- would be interested in seeing the pics and guide --- but THB I haven't worked under a bonnet for the last 20 years  -- back then the engines might as well have been clockwork compared to the Omegas !!!

Jay w

• Omega Baron
  • Plymouth/Poole
  • omega gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 17 April 2008, 21:11:31 »

Easier to DIY

Jay -- would be interested in seeing the pics and guide --- but THB I haven't worked under a bonnet for the last 20 years  -- back then the engines might as well have been clockwork compared to the Omegas !!!

engines are engines mate  ;)

there seems to be a bit of confusion with LPG kits, people seem to think that they require a high level of mechanical involvement.

the only thing that is required is to break into the heater hose and then drill and tap 7 holes (6 injector and 1 MAP sensor feed) in the inlet manifold, the rest of it is either parts fitting or wiring.

I am no expert but having done one i feel confident enough to attempt a second and would be happy to assist someone in the same way that James and Kevin have in the past

pretty much as soon as the CDX is running we start the LPG kit, i just need to get the thing to a point where we know it is good before we start adding extra fuel types to the equation
« Last Edit: 17 April 2008, 21:13:00 by jay_w »

HolyCount

« Reply #20 on: 17 May 2008, 20:59:10 »

Easier to DIY

engines are engines mate  ;)

there seems to be a bit of confusion with LPG kits, people seem to think that they require a high level of mechanical involvement.

the only thing that is required is to break into the heater hose and then drill and tap 7 holes (6 injector and 1 MAP sensor feed) in the inlet manifold, the rest of it is either parts fitting or wiring.

I am no expert but having done one i feel confident enough to attempt a second and would be happy to assist someone in the same way that James and Kevin have in the past

pretty much as soon as the CDX is running we start the LPG kit, i just need to get the thing to a point where we know it is good before we start adding extra fuel types to the equation

Jay, how 're things going with getting the CDX up and running ?
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 22 queries.