Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Poll

Why do you hog the middle/outside lanes

I don't, I'm a good boy/girl, and keep left
- 31 (81.6%)
The inside lane is for lorries only
- 0 (0%)
I have a very small penis, and lane hogging helps make it bigger
- 1 (2.6%)
I own a BMW/Audi, thus not permitted in the inside lanes
- 2 (5.3%)
I pay my taxes, I am allowed to use whichever lane I wish
- 3 (7.9%)
I didn't know I should keep left at all times
- 0 (0%)
I'm retarded
- 1 (2.6%)
Being selfish, 'dangle berries' to other road users
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Voting closed: 25 February 2013, 09:49:16

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Lane hoggers  (Read 5369 times)

Ian_D

• Omega Baron
  • York
    • View Profile
Re: Lane hoggers
« Reply #15 on: 23 February 2013, 13:16:19 »

Bugs me everyday on the way to/from work!  >:(

Other week there was a Punto with a woman in the outside lane doing 60mph! Nothing in lane 1 for about 3/4 mile ahead...

Well after what seemed like ages following her, I decided to undertake the idiot... Looked in my mirror and at least 8 cars behind followed me!

And after all that, Yep, you've guessed it, she was still sat in the outside lane! GGRRRrrrr!

[size=12]
LMF are utter rubbish - dont buy steering idlers from them! You've been warned![/size]

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 23 February 2013, 14:36:43 »

I voted "I don't and keep to the nearside lane". It is true in Spain. The roads are a lot less busy and the Spanish are taught to get back in (and must indicate when doing so).

In the big cities things are different due to pressures of life and sheer volumes on the roads. Made worse by four rush hours a day everywhere.

I was shocked at how many people drive like that when I last went back to Britain. It can't be good for health to be sitting on someones bumper at 80 with headlights blazing. A good friend in Britain was driving up the M1 one day and I caught him up (he is a middle lane all the way driver). I overtook him, pulled into the nearside and slowed down and waved at him as he went past. Didn't see me. Tried again , same thing. Had to resort to the horn.......... ;D
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 23 February 2013, 15:21:50 »

I haven't voted, 'cause TB says I'm not alowed to. :(
I like red cars

pirate

• Intermediate Member
  • westhumble surrey
    • steinmetz elit estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 23 February 2013, 15:33:33 »

just general crap driving ,the instructers are nearly as bad as the peaple they teach,was sat the other day at the airport car pulled in next to me and drove into post nice yep driving instructor prat,pupils in instructors cars so close to wheel if airbag went off it would kill them and whats with the way they are taught to indicat madness following young drivers at a round about they aproach indicat right then indicat left to go straight on never know where the hell there going.
as to motorways the amount that slow down to join causing mayhem behind them,no awarness of whats going on around them ,dont think ahead only whatching the car in front.i dread to watch when weather changes how helpless most drivers are in heavy rain and snow.as for enyhope of high speed driving most aint safe at 50.  rant over

ps i drive in which ever lane is safe to do and under take when i have to to get away from the ones which are brain dead

feeutfo

« Reply #19 on: 23 February 2013, 15:53:02 »

Driving down the M40 yesterday, mostly up the inside lane, as the outside 2 we full of lane hoggers going slow, it struck me how bad UK drivers are. By bad, I mean self-centred knobs - "I'm alright Jack, sod you".

Given the number of cars I saw prepared to use the inside lane yesterday, I reckon there must be about 8000 members on OOF who believe using the inside lane is a slur on their penile performance.

So, why do people lane hog?

(Auto Addict - you are excluded from the poll, as due to your extreme age, its perfectly acceptable for you to do 45mph in the middle lane, if that man with the red gets out of the way)
erm. May I remind the honourable member from Brackley of a certain journey back from the Essex meet (was it?) on the m25 ...?

Don't be talking to me about lane hoggers Mr TB. Oh no ! ;D

SIR Philbutt

• Omega Knight
  • Rochdale - Manchester
  • It will soon be Christmas ...
    • 03 2.2 CDX LPG estate
    • View Profile
    • PJB Home Services
« Reply #20 on: 23 February 2013, 15:57:11 »

Really really p****s me off every time i am on the motorway.
Starting to see more of it when I drive through France as well.

[Clarkson geek voice mode engaged]
"i'm doing 70 mph. You are not allowed to go any faster so I dont need move out of the outside lane"
"I dont know how to judge distances in my mirrors so I am staying in the middle lane to avoid those nasty lorries"
[Clarkson geek voice mode disengaged]

Did I say it really really does p**s me off

keep happy, keep safe, keep smiling, keep in touch

05omegav6

« Reply #21 on: 23 February 2013, 16:08:31 »

Given that most lorries do 56ish mph all day long, I am truly frightened by the number of people who insist on joining motorways doing 50 all the way over to lane 2 >:( if they're lucky, and haven't been squished by a Tescos truck, they might just manage to build up to 63, at which point I have had enough, and am fast on my way to the next postcode :-X

feeutfo

« Reply #22 on: 23 February 2013, 16:15:06 »

As said so many times before, IMO, NOBODY should be allowed on a motorway without first passing a test.

But as non exists, is it any surprise?

My step mum, lovely lady. Absolutely petrified of driving on the motorway. When she does use one, its middle lane all the way. White knuckles, can't use mirrors, as cant work out which side of her the traffic behind is on. So in all honesty, it's probably best way for her, and everyone else. :(

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 23 February 2013, 16:17:52 »

Driving down the M40 yesterday, mostly up the inside lane, as the outside 2 we full of lane hoggers going slow, it struck me how bad UK drivers are. By bad, I mean self-centred knobs - "I'm alright Jack, sod you".

Given the number of cars I saw prepared to use the inside lane yesterday, I reckon there must be about 8000 members on OOF who believe using the inside lane is a slur on their penile performance.

(Auto Addict - you are excluded from the poll, as due to your extreme age, its perfectly acceptable for you to do 45mph in the middle lane, if that man with the red gets out of the way)
erm. May I remind the honourable member from Brackley of a certain journey back from the Essex meet (was it?) on the m25 ...?

Err, yes, well, err, it's, errr, yes...  ...its my penis, its very small, and it helps driving in the middle lane. And I thought I was in a BMW. And, errr...

A case of (thinking that I) knowing the road too well. The inside lane there used to go off to A10, hence moving over to the middle lane ready for when it became 2 lanes....   ....only they did that junction up a few years ago  :-[.  Defo have to hold my hand up to being a tit that day  :-[.  It was a stretch of road I travelled regularly (3 or 4 times a week) in the late 90s. Force of habit.

As to why I was only doing 85mph, well, that cripple bloke had been buggering around with my LPG, and I was trying to understand why it the gas/petrol LED was flashing (the silly arse had left auto learning on ;D)
Grumpy old man

feeutfo

« Reply #24 on: 23 February 2013, 16:40:26 »

Err, yes, well, err, it's, errr, yes...  ...its my penis, its very small, and it helps driving in the middle lane. And I thought I was in a BMW. And, errr...

A case of (thinking that I) knowing the road too well. The inside lane there used to go off to A10, hence moving over to the middle lane ready for when it became 2 lanes....   ....only they did that junction up a few years ago  :-[.  Defo have to hold my hand up to being a tit that day  :-[.  It was a stretch of road I travelled regularly (3 or 4 times a week) in the late 90s. Force of habit.

As to why I was only doing 85mph, well, that cripple bloke had been buggering around with my LPG, and I was trying to understand why it the gas/petrol LED was flashing (the silly arse had left auto learning on ;D)
Yeah yeah all the old excuses, noddy. ;D

And adaptions are supposed to be on, no? :-\

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 23 February 2013, 16:41:58 »

And adaptions are supposed to be on, no? :-\
T'was a new feature, then. And I'm easily confuddled.
Grumpy old man

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 23 February 2013, 16:45:09 »

......So, why do people lane hog?.......

The first car in the outside lane is the lane hog, the others behind have blood coming out of their ears where they are hemorrhaging from shouting at the first car.  ;) ;D

I haven't voted, 'cause TB says I'm not alowed to. :(
Ah bless him.  :) :)
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 23 February 2013, 17:02:41 »

.........The use of indicators also annoys me,

Make your mind up, first I'm supposed to use them and now you're saying not to. All very confusing.  ;) ;) ;D ;D

sometime the complete lack of application, or too few flashes. Again, I was taught you indicate, then move and the amount of flashes is relative to your speed. I.e. at 70 mph, there should be approx 7. There is also no need to signal to move over left, as there is the assumption of keep left at all times.
Crikey, are you saying that I should let the indicator flash fifteen times when I'm lane changing on my way home from late-shift.  ;D ;D
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 23 February 2013, 17:19:18 »

Nice to see we managed to confuse you (again) :-X ::) :D
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

albitz

« Reply #29 on: 23 February 2013, 17:22:09 »

The biggest problem I find lately is actually getting onto a motorway or major road. I find myself having to slow right down at the start of slip roads as retards in front are doing 40 mph and showing no signs of speeding up to join the road.Slow down let them get far enough ahead,then accellerate up to an appropriate speed to join just after they do.
Nearly came to grief recently as I caught one up just after they joined the A12 still doing 40mph on the A12. The road was busy,I couldnt get out into lane two,and came close to hitting the dawdler up the arse.I managed to get slowed just in time,and then the truck which was now bearing down behind me almost hit me up the arse.
Maybe technically I should have stopped before I got onto the A12 rather than end up so close behind,but then Im at the end of the slip road facing trying to join from a standing start which just isnt possible at 5p.m.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.