Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 2.6 v6 elite 2003  (Read 10125 times)

relluf

2.6 v6 elite 2003
« on: 06 June 2020, 14:58:34 »

Sadly time has come to part with my beloved elite, for various reasons which i will try and explain.

Bought from James v6cdx about three years ago MF03ODX is a 2.6 V6 elite in moonstone grey with everything, nav, phone, leather, memory seats etc etc.

She has immediately before lockdown failed her MOT on 19/03/20 on a few niggly things easily sorted except nsr wheel bearing which i do not have the tools/skill set to do.

So she has been sat on the drive ever since on Sorn, as i was furloughed for six weeks. I have now returned to work but as its only 2 mile away have decided to bike it (well forced to really as car was off road) and have been doing this for about three weeks now and am actually quite liking it ;D

So what do i do with the Omega?
I really like the car, but an average mileage of less than 3k a year is doing her no good, barely gets warm some days,but i do get her going most weeks on a good run.
My heart says repair and keep all day long, my head says move on its a car, sell, scrap, whatever.

Mot failed on
Two front tyres needed ( I knew it needed them but do you reshod a car just before the MOT man condemns it?)
eml light on (been on for a while now codes say MAF but runs perfectly) so needs clearing somehow
Rear fog lamp (schoolboy error by me) sorted now obviously
NSR wheel bearing (had a couple of quotes) but no one willing or able to do in these mad times
Thats it

No rot that I or the tester are aware of, some bubbling on rear arch obviously, rear bumper is cracked and peeling, bonnet rub on front bumper
Mileage is 147k but i would not hesitate to go the length and breadth of the country in her, before I bought her James weaved his magic on the cambelt and generally tweaked and sorted, I think there is a thread somewhere.http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=138511.45
I will try to get some pictures on, I cant seem to find the original ones.
I put on a new cat back exhaust last year after she passed in 2019
But basically everything works except heat on passenger seat, glove box handle and only one key, drivers lock is recalcitrant as well! Oh one headlight is grungy the other is gleaming!
She is not concourse or perfect but reasonably clean and tidy 147k 17 year old car.

Is anyone interested in saving her?
Open to offers but to comply with forum rules £500?

relluf

Re: 2.6 v6 elite 2003
« Reply #1 on: 06 June 2020, 15:22:55 »

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06 June 2020, 15:41:32 »

I admired this example when I collected your old 2.2 some years ago, those repairs aren't massive Frank and I think you'd regret getting rid :(

Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06 June 2020, 15:54:29 »

Worth keeping for the pleasure of driving it occasionaly imo. Needs next to nothing doing to get a years ticket.
You will probably regret selling it almost as soon as you sell it.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

relluf

« Reply #4 on: 06 June 2020, 17:14:53 »

I admired this example when I collected your old 2.2 some years ago, those repairs aren't massive Frank and I think you'd regret getting rid :(

Worth keeping for the pleasure of driving it occasionaly imo. Needs next to nothing doing to get a years ticket.

Your not helping ;D ;D ;D

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06 June 2020, 17:27:52 »

I only do around 4k miles a year in mine, but they are very enjoyable miles. The 7k miles I do in the plastic hatchback are a financial necessity devoid of enjoyment.  :)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
  • Teesside (the nice bit)
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07 June 2020, 03:59:19 »

Mine does about 1500 miles a year, its more than enough!
Servicing and repairs done in NE. Special rates for OOFers! PM me.

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 07 June 2020, 12:42:54 »

I can tell you Buckley tyres did a rear wheel bearing for me a few years ago....bloke that did it has been there donkeys years and is still there ;)  not unreasonable as memory serves.

MWP sticker too, clearly its been just round the corner from me too.
« Last Edit: 07 June 2020, 12:50:47 by Jimbob »

relluf

« Reply #8 on: 07 June 2020, 13:28:21 »

I can tell you Buckley tyres did a rear wheel bearing for me a few years ago....bloke that did it has been there donkeys years and is still there ;)  not unreasonable as memory serves.

MWP sticker too, clearly its been just round the corner from me too.

Thanks for that James, i had not thought about them.
MWP have not responded to my requests for a quote, i think they concentrate more now on high end Monaro's etc.
I do have some paperwork from them for work done to car springs etc and i think that's where James bought it from when it was bought originally.
I may give Buckley tyres a call.
cheers.

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 07 June 2020, 15:25:49 »

Yes, MWP have gone very upmarket, moved from old tatty unit to a huge showroom type.  I wouldn't go there to be honest.  Esp the mess they made of the other half's cavalier many years ago.
Get put through to the Geometry bay and get them to quote you, if you decide to go down that route.
The Maf - 2.6 and 3.2's have a weaker MAF than the 2.5 / 3.0's and replacement not uncommon.

b4ndit

• Omega Knight
  • chester
  • Retired
    • VW Phaeton
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 07 June 2020, 16:47:22 »

if you are struggling to get the wheel bearing done the place i work at will do it they have done a few now :y

relluf

« Reply #11 on: 07 June 2020, 17:07:19 »

if you are struggling to get the wheel bearing done the place i work at will do it they have done a few now :y

Thanks bandit.
you want to pm with where that is ?

STEMO

« Reply #12 on: 07 June 2020, 17:32:04 »

Sounds to me like this car is no longer for sale.  ;D

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 08 June 2020, 19:47:24 »

You will regret it, I wish I'd have kept my estate, but hindsight is a horrible friend at times...  Oo 3.2mv6 in rare silver :'( :'(
Hoof'land storeman.

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 08 June 2020, 22:14:07 »

It this is still seriously for sale, can you drop me a PM please?

It would take a lot for me to replace NXR, but out of all of the Omegas I've owned (Apart from STEMO's), I really regretted letting this one go...  :-\
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.