Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Oil lack warning  (Read 1171 times)

MonzaGSE

• Intermediate Member
  • Norway
    • 95 Opel Omega mv6
    • View Profile
Oil lack warning
« on: 23 July 2012, 22:14:07 »

I have a problem that the mid says oil lack constantly. Seems there are two wires going to the sensor in the sump. Am i right in thinking that connecting these two wires should clear the message? And it will then be the sensor at fault. If it dont clear with wires connected it will be wiring issue? Car is 95 with x30xe. Oil level is at Max on dipstick.

freecall666

• Omega Knight
  • looking over your shoulder
  • fun for all, get with the program
    • 2.0l sweat tank on wheels
    • View Profile
Re: Oil lack warning
« Reply #1 on: 23 July 2012, 22:16:05 »

I have a problem that the mid says oil lack constantly. Seems there are two wires going to the sensor in the sump. Am i right in thinking that connecting these two wires should clear the message? And it will then be the sensor at fault. If it dont clear with wires connected it will be wiring issue? Car is 95 with x30xe. Oil level is at Max on dipstick.
check the plug mine used to get water in it as the seal on the plug had gone.
Solar charger fitted.
If not Broke dont fix it..

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23 July 2012, 22:36:18 »

The wires to the level sensor in the sump can get very brittle - mine broke when I removed my sump. Yours have possible broken. Not sure how the switch works as to whether shorting the wires will fool the system into thinking the oil level is OK but sounds a fair assumption ......  :-\ :-\

MonzaGSE

• Intermediate Member
  • Norway
    • 95 Opel Omega mv6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 24 July 2012, 14:00:33 »

Thanks for replies. Shorting the wires in the plug by the sump made the message go away. Guess that means sump down to change sensor.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 27 July 2012, 15:35:10 »

Just bit the bullet and ordered new icv from the bay,will tell if that's the problem.Had a delve about can't see/here/find air leak but now I've ordered new icv it'll probably be an air leak somewhere I've missed!Curses!There's a valve type thing towards top front of engine on drivers side[is it the egr valve?]anyway there's a metal pipe going to it,and at the base of the big nut which holds this pipe to the valve it's blowing bubbles!This can't be right can it?Could this be the root of my problem?

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 27 July 2012, 15:38:43 »

Wait,sorry many apologies for some reason my last post went to the wrong place.Don't understand why.Again many apologies!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 21 queries.