Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Code 64... gone, just 2 new ones now  (Read 509 times)

• Woodhall Spa, Lincs
    • View Profile
Code 64... gone, just 2 new ones now
« on: 22 February 2011, 19:58:22 »

The hybrid TD Elite has at last dropped it's code 64, and swapped it for 2 new codes 34 (Injector timing) and 88 (MAF sensor).

Now at least I have an idea I may have caused the injector pump to slip a tooth when installing the engine/gearbox etc.

So is there a simple way of getting the pump off and realigning it without a major engine rebuild ??
Regards

Richard Horton

Drives  '99 Omega Elite TD (almost)  Auto Estate

hoofing it

• Omega Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Code 64... gone, just 2 new ones now
« Reply #1 on: 22 February 2011, 20:36:06 »

Try 20 faultless starts by turning on the ignition wait until the managment light goes out turn off then repeat 20 times.
This fools the ecu to thinking everthings ok. :y
Did you turn the engine backwards if so you will need to strip the whole of the front end off the engine to reset the timing as it has 2 chains.
PM elite pete he has stripped this engine to do the timing :y
« Last Edit: 22 February 2011, 20:54:53 by hoof »

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 22 February 2011, 20:55:20 »

The hybrid TD Elite has at last dropped it's code 64, and swapped it for 2 new codes 34 (Injector timing) and 88 (MAF sensor).

Now at least I have an idea I may have caused the injector pump to slip a tooth when installing the engine/gearbox etc.

So is there a simple way of getting the pump off and realigning it without a major engine rebuild ??

I doubt there's enough adjustment to do it without removing the pump and even if there is, I would assume you'd need a dial gauge to set it up properly like any other oil burner ;)
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

hoofing it

• Omega Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 22 February 2011, 20:58:44 »

I doubt there's enough adjustment to do it without removing the pump and even if there is, I would assume you'd need a dial gauge to set it up properly like any other oil burner ;)
You get about 1/4" both ways by slackening of the 3 nuts and either advance or retard( advance push the top of the pump towards the block)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 21 queries.