Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Previous Essex Meet  (Read 617 times)

johnnycboy

• Omega Knight
  • Colchester
    • View Profile
Previous Essex Meet
« on: 14 January 2013, 13:10:13 »

For all the people that have attended in the past, this is what has become of the Shoulder of Mutton.

http://www.gazette-news.co.uk/news/10157080.Village_pub_up_for_sale/?ref=mr

No surprise really, considering the character that run it.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Previous Essex Meet
« Reply #1 on: 14 January 2013, 13:22:01 »

I found them unfriendly and unwelcoming.

If you are in the service industry, you need to manage your customers in a way that makes them loyal.
Grumpy old man

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 14 January 2013, 13:30:43 »

No surprise really... I wonder if there's still a load of rubber laid down in the entrance ::)
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

albitz

« Reply #3 on: 14 January 2013, 15:05:10 »

Used to be a very good pub.Iirc there was a change of landlord the day before the meet,who made Basil Fawlty seem warm & friendly. Shame imo,as it has all the elements of a really great traditional English pub,apart from a landlord who objects to customers disturbing his solitude.
Two friends of mine decided to go there for lunch a year or so ago.They arrrived at 2.55p.m (5 minutes before opening time) and finding the door open were about to walk in.The door was open because the landlord had been out to his car for some reason,he ran past them to get to the door before they did,told them "we dont open until 3 o,clock,and slammed the door in their faces.
Needless to say they went somewhere else and have never been back.The two blokes concerned are both retired,with more money than they know what to do with.Their main hobby these days is travelling around the area trying out food and drink at various establishments,with little concern for the cost.Had he not been pig ignorant he could have had himself a pair of regular customers,whose spending habits could have paid for his annual holiday. What a moron.

feeutfo

« Reply #4 on: 14 January 2013, 16:17:58 »

Surely the brewery could get a decent landlord in there? It's like he's deliberately running the place down.

It has all the trimmings of a decent English pub. Big traditional building, passing trade, nice little river running down the side, nice garden. Most odd.

I wonder if the Landlord owns part of it, and wants to buy the brewery out. :-\
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 21 queries.