Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Radio reception  (Read 1744 times)

familyman

• Intermediate Member
  • Sittingbourne, Kent
    • View Profile
Radio reception
« on: 11 March 2007, 00:27:23 »

Okay on my estate the radio reception starts of good then after about 10 mins becomes very difficult to hear sort of like a lot of very very deep base static. I suspect the aerial booster in the tailgate but not sure if it could be the x7 connector corroding as i found a fault with it on cd multichanger play back but i dont know if the aerial system runs through this connector???

The other alternative would be to fit the later short roof mounted aerial, Youv'e probably had loads of these questions but cheers guys. I did look in faq but no answers there :-X
You came in that, your braver than i thought

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Radio reception
« Reply #1 on: 11 March 2007, 14:55:20 »

Okay on my estate the radio reception starts of good then after about 10 mins becomes very difficult to hear sort of like a lot of very very deep base static. I suspect the aerial booster in the tailgate but not sure if it could be the x7 connector corroding as i found a fault with it on cd multichanger play back but i dont know if the aerial system runs through this connector???

The other alternative would be to fit the later short roof mounted aerial, Youv'e probably had loads of these questions but cheers guys. I did look in faq but no answers there :-X
Do estates have boosters? Didn't think they did, as they have normal aerials?

Check the connection to head unit - often the cable gets damaged behind...
Grumpy old man

familyman

• Intermediate Member
  • Sittingbourne, Kent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11 March 2007, 19:51:01 »

Unfortunately they do have boosters/amplifiers mounted in the tailgate itself. At least on early ones like mine. Checked connections all okay and lead okay. Spoke today  to a friend of mine at Vx tech dept. in new Peterlee dept and he found out that there was a TSB on this if reception stayed poor then replace with roof aerial. Obviously an on going problem. And i may even get access to tis 2000 disc that was used for his training ;) watch this space
You came in that, your braver than i thought

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11 March 2007, 21:10:12 »

Unfortunately they do have boosters/amplifiers mounted in the tailgate itself. At least on early ones like mine. Checked connections all okay and lead okay. Spoke today  to a friend of mine at Vx tech dept. in new Peterlee dept and he found out that there was a TSB on this if reception stayed poor then replace with roof aerial. Obviously an on going problem. And i may even get access to tis 2000 disc that was used for his training ;) watch this space
Has it got a rear screen aerial then - TIS2000 isn't too clear on it?  If so, ensure the inside of the screen is clean...
Grumpy old man

Hillper

• Intermediate Member
  • Aylesbury
  • Werthers. Winter, too hard.  Summer, too soft.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 13 March 2007, 03:31:07 »

Check ALL connections including behind headunit.
Mods.  'Hillper boot release'.  Dimming mirror.  Cruise control. Rear parking sensors.  Becker/Rockford Fosgate/Infinity/Alpine audio.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 18 queries.